Pharoh Cooper worked with the first-team offense Friday

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Pharoh Cooper worked with the first-team offense Friday

By: Jeff Smith

[theramswire.usatoday.com]

If you were a pre-draft believer in former South Carolina wide receiver Pharoh Cooper, you might be getting closer to being able to pat yourself on the back. When the Los Angeles Rams drafted Cooper in the fourth round of the 2016 NFL draft, it was a pick surrounded by excitement. Apparently, it hasn’t taken much time for Cooper to make his presence felt with the team either.

Via Myles Simmons of the team’s official website:

Myles Simmons @MylesASimmons
It can be. But I’ve gotta say, I’ve been really impressed with Cooper this week. He got snaps with 1s today, too

This means it’s taken a total of just three days for Cooper to impress the coaches enough for him to earn some time with the first-team offense. While it’s somewhat surprising, I wouldn’t say it was shocking. This is a guy who totaled 2,109 receiving yards and 17 touchdowns over his final two seasons with the Gamecocks, while also tacking on 311 rushing yards and three additional scores.

Expect Cooper to continue to grow, and it doesn’t seem like it’ll be long before he truly carves out a role in the Rams offense.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'd rather have good news, than no news.

But, reports like this from OTA's mean very little when it relates to who's getting reps with who.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Best news I've heard all day. 4th round Rookies don't typically take 1st team reps 3 days into OTAs.

They're usually still trying to find out where to line up.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I keep getting this feeling that it is all coming together for this team. The OLine rebuild, the great Running back, being able to get the best QB in the draft (who happened to be the guy the coaches have had their eye on for a few years), hitting on good udfas for a few years, getting a real grinder like Cooper in round 4 and a raw playmaker like Thomas on round 6, replacing Cook with Higbee, GRob taking his football education to the next level, Tavon being used more effectively, landing Gaines in the middle rounds, replacing coaches with fresher minds.....there have been too many good things going on in the last two years for me not to be optimistic about where this team is headed.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Cautiously optimistic. It may not mean a ton though, veterans seem to get time off during OTAs and Camp with Fisher. Wonder if Britt had the day off.

If they're intent on Quick backing up at Z (Austin) than they probably wouldn't have him pick up reps at X. And honestly, backing up at X is wide open. Who else is there? Marquez? Thomas? By dint of lack of receivers, it's most likely Pharoh would take those reps. Hope I'm being too nit-picky though and he's just being a stud.

Last edited:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
A Debbie Downer post from CGI? What is the world coming too?

Debbie Downer was the first thing that came to mind after reading his post too lol.

Ouch.

:LOL:

I guess we've all read a lot of things over the years (spring football) that doesn't mean much. That's all I'm saying.

e2378a2b9f2b32831687443a4b014d5d601a66ba87540380793c3f943be27cd9.jpg

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Ouch.

:LOL:

I guess we've all read a lot of things over the years (spring football) that doesn't mean much. That's all I'm saying.

e2378a2b9f2b32831687443a4b014d5d601a66ba87540380793c3f943be27cd9.jpg

For so long now, the practice excitement is the only excitement we have had. I am not willing to let it go until I get comfortable, expecting deep playoff runs each season.:sneaky:

…..

Legend
To @CGI_Ram 's point.....Mannion also worked with the first team, and I don't see any practical expectations from that bit of news....just sayin.

The WR groupings, with their multiple sets are always in and out at any given time anyway. Who actually starts only means anything if we're setting up with just an x and y formation.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'd rather have good news, than no news.

But, reports like this from OTA's mean very little when it relates to who's getting reps with who.
Yeah- you say what you want to say,but trust your eyes.
In my case my eyes might be bigger than my stomach ,but this guy runs great routes & hands.
--Copper impresses me by the way he catches balls so smooth & in stride.

-- Tell me what he really lackes v's any WR in the 2016 draft ?? Maybe height ...
You put his full body of work in & he averages out to a top WR.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It may very well be a fluff piece but I still cant get over the fact this kid was there for us in the 4th. I for sure thought he'd go 2nd or 3rd and couldn't even put him on my wish list.
And heck, as Rams fans we sure have had our fill of WR who came in to camp "slow to understand the playbook" so its darned refreshing to hear some positive stuff