Pharoh Cooper expected to be Rams' punt returner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Yeah, it will be $8m with $5m guaranteed.

Poor Tavon is going to have to take a pay cut, huh?

I hope he can handle it psychologically with all that he is going through.

I wouldn't want him to get his feelings hurt.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Poor Tavon is going to have to take a pay cut, huh?

I hope he can handle it psychologically with all that he is going through.

I wouldn't want him to get his feelings hurt.

actually that's the contract he signed. why would his feelings be hurt?

i swear you would think some of the posters here are paying him with their own money the butthurt they continually spew about his salary.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
they continually spew about his salary.
I would be fine with paying him 8 or 10 or whatever if he produced and earned it.

The reason he makes that money is ultimately because of the fans
So the fans are allowed to speak their mind.

And Tavon shouldn't have any complaints, the guy has a horseshoe up his ass.

He signed a big contract despite not a lot of production.

His fumble(s) definitely contributed to the loss to the Seahawks.
The last couple years before that it was dropping easy passes.

I don't subscribe to the feel-good Fisher Country Club, let's give the guy a big contract for nothing philosophy.

I do subscribe to the McVay "produce or hit the road" philosophy that he showed with Mo Alexander.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
we'll see if you get your wish in the off-season.

Actually, my wish is that he'll stop fumbling and start consistently producing.

The ultimate way to shut up a critic is to produce commiserate with your salary.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I 2nd Malcom Brown. P Cooper has the same habit as Austin in bobbling punts, just not as bad.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
P Cooper has the same habit as Austin in bobbling punts
yeeeeea-im-just-not-sure-about-that-right-now.jpg

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I'm pretty sure the reason they are going with Cooper is because he DOESN'T fumble the catch.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I feel for Tavon. He's the embodiment of "We not me," but we just can't leave him out there with the way he's playing. He has the yips.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Realistically, Cooper, Reynolds, or Thomas (or just about anyone else) are all better candidates than Austin. With all the talented receivers we have now, I think the pressure of being able to contribute with his limited opportunities in McVay's system has got to his head.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"I know my situation," Austin said after Wednesday's practice. "I really believe I’m the best punt returner in the league; just gotta get rid of a couple problems I’m dealing with right now. But it’s going to be what it’s going to be. I’d rather come off than hurt this team.

Those are called hands Tavon ... try using them

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He signed a big contract despite not a lot of production.

I don't subscribe to the feel-good Fisher Country Club, let's give the guy a big contract for nothing philosophy.

I never like it when a player is handed a big contract without having proven he's worth it. Then, continues to not live up to it because it was over-valued to begin with.

But... I also have to look at the player. There's a short shelf life to being in the NFL. What are these guy's to do? Say "gee, thanks for that over-valued contract... I know I didn't earn it... so can we reduce it to something more reasonable?"

Best example I can think of is Bradford. Severely over-paid for production and reliability. Most everyone brought up the contract when he played poorly or got hurt.

I said it then... I'll say it now... if you were put in that situation (your employer came up to you and gave you a salary and bonus that you knew wasn't in-line), would you tell them to reduce it? Of course not.

When these things happen, it's on management. They're the ones that decided to pay a player a salary that is not commensurate with their production. They are paying these guys on potential... risky business if you ask me.

Say what you want about NE... but they never over -pay and, if a player demands more than they're willing to shell out? They let them go and find someone else at a price they're willing to pay.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
oh lord....why do I have this feeling that this is a lateral move?

Pharoh has shaky hands too...not a natural catcher of the ball....IMO

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
oh lord....why do I have this feeling that this is a lateral move?

Pharoh has shaky hands too...not a natural catcher of the ball....IMO

His hands are more reliable than TA. He just needs to make smarter decisions after the catch like securing the ball better if your going to plow full speed into the defenders.