PFW matchup breakdown: Dolphins at Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://www.profootballweekly.com/nfl/schedule/2016/week11/dolphins-rams/index.xml

The Miami Dolphins are as hot as any club in the NFL right now, having won their last four after a 1-4 start and averaging 29 points a game during the win streak. Ryan Tannehill seems to be blossoming now in rookie head coach Adam Gase’s system and Jay Ajayi has emerged as a legitimate number one running back.

The Dolphins have been in California all week after knocking off the Chargers in San Diego last Sunday and preparing to go an hour-and-a-half north now to take on the L.A. Rams.

The story for the Rams is this will be the first start for number one overall draft choice Jared Goff who’ll be asked to pump some life into one of the NFL’s worst offenses, which has not only struggled under Case Keenum but has also been unable to unleash Todd Gurley who many expected to be the NFL’s number one running back coming into the season.

MIA 22ND OFF; LA 7TH DEF

MIA 6TH RUN; LA 17TH vs. RUN

MIA 28TH PASS; LA 8TH vs. PASS

MIA 19TH PTS; LA 10TH PTS ALLOWED

LA 31ST OFF; MIA 19TH DEF

LA 29TH RUN; MIA 30TH vs. RUN

LA 25TH PASS; MIA 9TH vs. PASS

LA 32ND PTS; MIA T14TH PTS ALLOWED

MIA T15TH TO/TA; LA T21ST TO-TA

DOLPHINS moved over .500 with dramatic 31-24 road win over Chargers on LB Kiko Alonso’s 60-yard pick-6 with 1:01 remaining.

DOLPHINS i ntercepted Chargers QB Philip Rivers 4 times in a 13-minute span in the fourth quarter in Week 10 win over Chargers.

DOLPHINS CB Tony Lippett had 2 INTs and team-leading 7 tackles (1 TFL) in Week 10 win over Chargers.

DOLPHINS DE Cameron Wake had 2 of team’s 3 sacks (team-leading 7 total) in Week 10 win over Chargers.

DOLPHINS QB Ryan Tannehill had 17-24-240-2 TDs-0 INTs (130.6 QB rating) and was sacked only once in Week 10 win.

DOLPHINS RB Jay Ajayi ran for 79 yards in Week 10, ending his streak of three straight 100-yard games, but he had big runs to set up two TDs by fellow RB Damien Williams.

DOLPHINS WR Davante Parker had 5-103 receiving on 8 targets in Week 10, while WR Kenny Stills (2-47) had 39-yard TD catch.

DOLPHINS WR Jarvis Landry (only 18 catches in previous 4 games) had team-leading 6 catches for 53 yards receiving in Week 10 win.

RAMS defense keeps moving up the charts, spearheading 9-6 road victory over Jets in Week 10, allowing Jets only 296 yards.

RAMS MLB Alec Ogletree’s INT with just 2 minutes left clinched Rams 9-6 win over Jets, and he also had team-leading 10 tackles.

While RAMS defense is playing quite well, Ogletree’s INT was team’s only 2 ndtakeaway in last 5 games.

While RAMS fans have been clamoring for No. 1 overall pick Jared Goff to play, QB Case Keenum had a ho-hum 17-30-165 passing, but zero turnovers in Week 10 win after throwing 8 INTS in previous four games.

RAMS RB Todd Gurley has yet to run for 100 yards in a game this season after rushing for 125 or more 5 times last season. He finished with 64 yards on 21 carries in Week 10.

RAMS Gurley's longest run of the season, 21 yards in the fourth quarter, was wiped out by OT Greg Robinson’s holding penalty.

RAMS WR Kenny Britt continued to do well with 7-109 receiving on 10 targets in Week 10 win.

Kicking was influential in RAMS Week 10 win, with PK Greg Zuerlein offering 3 FGs, including go-ahead 34-yarder with 6:52 left, and P Johnny Hekker connecting on a 78-yard punt one week after blasting a 75-yarder.

Check status on RAMS DE Robert Quinn, who began week suffering from non-football illness.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
With the OL playing poorly, and Rams starting C Barnes being replaced by Rhaney for his first start and going up against Suh, expect a lot of rollouts by Goff and maybe even an extra back (Harkey) to pick up what gets through the OL.

In passing situations I expect the Dolphins DL to be in Goff's face A LOT. Suh is drooling at the opportunity to welcome Goff to the NFL.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Dolphins corner Tony Lippett is the former Mich. St. wr??? wow, guess he COULD play both ways...

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
http://www.profootballweekly.com/nfl/schedule/2016/week11/dolphins-rams/index.xml

The Miami Dolphins are as hot as any club in the NFL right now, having won their last four after a 1-4 start and averaging 29 points a game during the win streak. Ryan Tannehill seems to be blossoming now in rookie head coach Adam Gase’s system and Jay Ajayi has emerged as a legitimate number one running back.

The Dolphins have been in California all week after knocking off the Chargers in San Diego last Sunday and preparing to go an hour-and-a-half north now to take on the L.A. Rams.

The story for the Rams is this will be the first start for number one overall draft choice Jared Goff who’ll be asked to pump some life into one of the NFL’s worst offenses, which has not only struggled under Case Keenum but has also been unable to unleash Todd Gurley who many expected to be the NFL’s number one running back coming into the season.

MIA 22ND OFF; LA 7TH DEF

MIA 6TH RUN; LA 17TH vs. RUN

MIA 28TH PASS; LA 8TH vs. PASS

MIA 19TH PTS; LA 10TH PTS ALLOWED

LA 31ST OFF; MIA 19TH DEF

LA 29TH RUN; MIA 30TH vs. RUN

LA 25TH PASS; MIA 9TH vs. PASS

LA 32ND PTS; MIA T14TH PTS ALLOWED

MIA T15TH TO/TA; LA T21ST TO-TA

DOLPHINS moved over .500 with dramatic 31-24 road win over Chargers on LB Kiko Alonso’s 60-yard pick-6 with 1:01 remaining.

DOLPHINS i ntercepted Chargers QB Philip Rivers 4 times in a 13-minute span in the fourth quarter in Week 10 win over Chargers.

DOLPHINS CB Tony Lippett had 2 INTs and team-leading 7 tackles (1 TFL) in Week 10 win over Chargers.

DOLPHINS DE Cameron Wake had 2 of team’s 3 sacks (team-leading 7 total) in Week 10 win over Chargers.

DOLPHINS QB Ryan Tannehill had 17-24-240-2 TDs-0 INTs (130.6 QB rating) and was sacked only once in Week 10 win.

DOLPHINS RB Jay Ajayi ran for 79 yards in Week 10, ending his streak of three straight 100-yard games, but he had big runs to set up two TDs by fellow RB Damien Williams.

DOLPHINS WR Davante Parker had 5-103 receiving on 8 targets in Week 10, while WR Kenny Stills (2-47) had 39-yard TD catch.

DOLPHINS WR Jarvis Landry (only 18 catches in previous 4 games) had team-leading 6 catches for 53 yards receiving in Week 10 win.

RAMS defense keeps moving up the charts, spearheading 9-6 road victory over Jets in Week 10, allowing Jets only 296 yards.

RAMS MLB Alec Ogletree’s INT with just 2 minutes left clinched Rams 9-6 win over Jets, and he also had team-leading 10 tackles.

While RAMS defense is playing quite well, Ogletree’s INT was team’s only 2 ndtakeaway in last 5 games.

While RAMS fans have been clamoring for No. 1 overall pick Jared Goff to play, QB Case Keenum had a ho-hum 17-30-165 passing, but zero turnovers in Week 10 win after throwing 8 INTS in previous four games.

RAMS RB Todd Gurley has yet to run for 100 yards in a game this season after rushing for 125 or more 5 times last season. He finished with 64 yards on 21 carries in Week 10.

RAMS Gurley's longest run of the season, 21 yards in the fourth quarter, was wiped out by OT Greg Robinson’s holding penalty.

RAMS WR Kenny Britt continued to do well with 7-109 receiving on 10 targets in Week 10 win.

Kicking was influential in RAMS Week 10 win, with PK Greg Zuerlein offering 3 FGs, including go-ahead 34-yarder with 6:52 left, and P Johnny Hekker connecting on a 78-yard punt one week after blasting a 75-yarder.

Check status on RAMS DE Robert Quinn, who began week suffering from non-football illness.
I like this^ But I don't fear the Dolphin "D" one little bit! And here's why, forget about their Ranking, let's look at the actual stats!!
Miami:
* Gives up 364.3 Yards per Game .... Rams give up 327.0 per Game.
* There "D" Gives up 235.6 Passing Per Game .... Rams give up 223.9.
* They give up 128.8 Rushing YPG .... Rams 103.1 YPG.
* there D gives up 22.9 Points per Game .... The Rams give up 19.2 PPG.
The more I look at this game, the better I feel, Starting a Rookie QB or not. I'll take the 2 point spread and our D!

RamzFanz

Damnit
With the OL playing poorly, and Rams starting C Barnes being replaced by Rhaney for his first start and going up against Suh, expect a lot of rollouts by Goff and maybe even an extra back (Harkey) to pick up what gets through the OL.

In passing situations I expect the Dolphins DL to be in Goff's face A LOT. Suh is drooling at the opportunity to welcome Goff to the NFL.

With Pouncey also out, I'll take Donald over Suh. Want to bet $300 ROD on which one gets more combined sacks and strips?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
With Pouncey also out, I'll take Donald over Suh. Want to bet $300 ROD on which one gets more combined sacks and strips?
I'll bet Suh get the 1st "Un-Sportsmen like Conduct" Penalty!! Maybe "Stepping on someone!!
And I forgot, one more thing, IF Quinn is in, who ever they have in as a replacement for there OLT is going to have a rough day!

RAMNATION

Rookie
Doesnn't mean he hasn't, but I don't remember any personal fouls or unsportsmanlike calls against Robinson...The 10-yard holding and 5-yard false start flags are flying A LOT around him for sure...
all those penalties aren't deserved, he has a reputation now and is being targeted by the officials. All I want is that they called the same way on the OT that is blocking Quinn.