PFT’s Week 16 picks: Let's prove Florio and MDS wrong

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/24/pfts-week-16-picks-5/

PFT’s Week 16 picks
Posted by Mike Florio on December 24, 2015

For the second straight week, MDS and I agree on all 16 games. Which means that, for the second straight week, it’ll be impossible for me to close the two-game gap in the season-long competition.

Last week, we both got 13 of 16 games correct.

For the year, MDS is 145-79 (64.7 percent), and I’m at 143-81 (63.8 percent).

For all Week 16 picks, scroll.
---------------------------------
Rams at Seahawks

MDS’s take: The Seahawks don’t have a lot to play for in the final two weeks of the season, as they’re locked into a wild-card berth. But they’re playing some of the best football in the league right now, and they should beat the Rams comfortably.

MDS’s pick: Seahawks 24, Rams 21.

Florio’s take: Both teams have changed a lot since Week One, when the Rams upset Seattle. It would be a major upset if the Rams complete the sweep.

Florio’s pick: Seahawks 34, Rams 20.
-------------
Chargers at Raiders

MDS’s take: Charles Woodson’s last appearance in Oakland is the most interesting reason to watch this Christmas Eve game between two teams that are out of playoff contention. I think Woodson will go out a winner.

MDS’s pick: Raiders 24, Chargers 17.

Florio’s take: It could be the last NFL game in Oakland. It’s definitely the last home game for Charles Woodson. Advantage Raiders, which actually is an advantage for the Chargers, since a loss will help them land higher on the draft order.

Florio’s pick: Raiders 27, Chargers 20.
-------------
Redskins at Eagles

MDS’s take: The Redskins can clinch the NFC East with a win, but I think the Eagles, with their backs against the wall, will come out with a surprisingly good game and keep the division competitive into Week 17.

MDS’s pick: Eagles 21, Redskins 20.

Florio’s take: I apparently helped give Jay Gruden ammunition for motivation before the season by putting his team at No. 32. Here’s a little more motivation for Gruden’s gang.

Florio’s pick: Eagles 24, Redskins 17.
----------
Panthers at Falcons

MDS’s take: The Panthers should cruise to 15-0 and clinch home-field advantage throughout the NFC playoffs with a big win over a Falcons team that looks like it doesn’t have much gas left in the tank.

MDS’s pick: Panthers 24, Falcons 20.

Florio’s take: Carolina has outscored the Falcons 72-3 in the last two games between the two teams. Analysis: That’s not good.

Florio’s pick: Panthers 30, Falcons 13.
------------
Cowboys at Bills

MDS’s take: Rex Ryan’s defense has been one of the biggest disappointments in the NFL this season, but with Kellen Moore making the first start of his young career, I figure the Bills should be able to bring enough pressure to shut the Cowboys down.

MDS’s pick: Bills 30, Cowboys 10.

Florio’s take: A Super Bowl rematch involving a pair of teams that have fallen on hard times, and that could benefit from losing now in order to win in April. Advantage Cowboys.

Florio’s pick: Bills 24, Cowboys 21.
----------
49ers at Lions

MDS’s take: The Lions have been disappointing this season, but the 49ers have been disastrous. Neither team has anything to play for, but Detroit is playing at a higher level and should win comfortably.

MDS’s pick: Lions 28, 49ers 17.

Florio’s take: Four years ago, Jim Schwartz and Jim Harbaugh nearly came to blows after a game between these teams. Current coaches Jim Tomsula and Jim Caldwell aren’t quite as intense. Which could have something to do with the current status of both franchises.

Florio’s pick: Lions 27, 49ers 17.
------------
Browns at Chiefs

MDS’s take: The Chiefs are playing some of the best football in the NFL right now and are going to be a tough team to beat in January. They won’t have any problem with the Browns.

MDS’s pick: Chiefs 35, Browns 14.

Florio’s take: The Chiefs have won eight in a row. The Browns have managed to win at least eight games in a season only once since 2002.

Florio’s pick: Chiefs 30, Browns 17.
------------
Colts at Dolphins

MDS’s take: Both of these teams looked pretty awful last week, but I have a feeling the Dolphins’ defense will play a little better this week against a beaten-up Colts offense, and Miami will win at home.

MDS’s pick: Dolphins 17, Colts 14.

Florio’s take: Chuck Pagano has been linked to the Dolphins’ coaching vacancy. After Sunday, maybe he won’t be.

Florio’s pick: Dolphins 23, Colts 13.
------------
Giants at Vikings

MDS’s take: Depending on how the Philadelphia-Washington game goes, the Giants might not have anything to play for by kickoff on Sunday night. The Vikings, however, are still fighting for the NFC North title, and I think they’ll turn in a good game on both sides of the ball.

MDS’s pick: Vikings 31, Giants 17.

Florio’s take: The Giants have two great players and 51 who are average at best. And one of the great players has been suspended. And that pretty much sums this one up.

Florio’s pick: Vikings 27, Giants 17.
----------
Jaguars at Saints

MDS’s take: Blake Bortles has showed some promise recently, and the Saints’ pass defense is terrible. I like Bortles to have a big game and the Jaguars to win in New Orleans.

MDS’s pick: Jaguars 28, Saints 24.

Florio’s take: The up-and-down Jaguars face the up-and-down Saints in a game that is relevant only to moving up and down in the draft order. Given the struggles the Saints are experiencing when trying to win with Drew Brees, it’s hard to imagine them winning without him.

Florio’s pick: Jaguars 27, Saints 20.
-------------
Patriots at Jets

MDS’s take: If the Jets can pull the upset, it turns the whole AFC playoff race on its ear. But I think the Patriots will win, and take a lot of the drama out of the playoff picture.

MDS’s pick: Patriots 21, Jets 17.

Florio’s take: To ensure they won’t have to risk a repeat of the 2010 divisional round in the 2015 postseason, the Patriots should do all they can to knock the Jets out of the playoffs now.

Florio’s pick: Patriots 34, Jets 20.
---------
Bears at Buccaneers

MDS’s take: The Buccaneers have taken a step backward in the last couple of weeks, but I think Jameis Winston can put together a big game against the Bears’ defense, and the Bucs should win this one comfortably.

MDS’s pick: Buccanners 28, Bears 14.

Florio’s take: Lovie Smith gets a shot at his old team. More importantly, he continues to lay the foundation for future playoff runs in Tampa.

Florio’s pick: Buccaneers 20, Bears 10.
---------
Texans at Titans

MDS’s take: Brandon Weeden vs. Zach Mettenberger isn’t exactly the kind of quarterback matchup the NFL wants to showcase, but the Texans are fighting for the AFC South crown and should win in Tennessee.

MDS’s pick: Texans 24, Titans 21.

Florio’s take: The Texans are trying to win the division. The Titans are hoping to secure the No. 1 pick in the draft.

Florio’s pick: Texans 20, Titans 9.
-----------
Packers at Cardinals

MDS’s take: This looks at first glance like the best game of the weekend, although the reality is that it probably won’t affect either team’s playoff position: The Cardinals will likely be the No. 2 seed win or lose, and the Packers’ seed will likely come down to next week’s game against the Vikings. I like the Cardinals simply because they’ve been a better team all season.

MDS’s pick: Cardinals 34, Packers 20.

Florio’s take: The Cardinals will have a hard time replacing Tyrann Mathieu. But they’re still good enough to outscore a Packers team that has been winning despite a spotty offense in recent weeks.

Florio’s pick: Cardinals 30, Packers 24.
----------
Steelers at Ravens

MDS’s take: This rivalry always seems to involve close games, but I can’t see this depleted Ravens team keeping up with the Steelers. Pittsburgh should win big.

MDS’s pick: Steelers 35, Ravens 13.

Florio’s take: If Ryan Mallett beats the Steelers . . . his alarm clock eventually will go off and he’ll wake up from that dream.

Florio’s pick: Steelers 33, Ravens 13.
-----------
Bengals at Broncos

MDS’s take: After a lot of lousy Monday night games, we get a great one to end the season, with a first-round bye likely at stake. I see the Broncos winning a close, low-scoring game.

MDS’s pick: Broncos 20, Bengals 17.

Florio’s take: A.J. McCarron is about to realize the difference between the San Francisco defense and the Denver defense.

Florio’s pick: Broncos 23, Bengals 20.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Huge challenge for Offensive Coordinator Rob Boras and QB Case Keenum. If Keenum plays well, IMO, Jeff Fisher will really take notice, however, the Seachickens are rolling right now and IMO, Keenum will be exposed the same as Clemens in 2013 and Hill in 2014.

Bad Guys...23
Good Guys...10

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
The Rams will play well but it seems like they have a penchant for one big mistake in a game like this, then a total meltdown, after having consecutive good games...sigh...the life of a Rams fan.

I hope I'm wrong. I am actually a crazy optimist. I usually believe the best 'til the end. I was disappointed after Bradford was traded that "it never happened for him."

What the heck- Rams 24 Searats 20