PF's Training Camp take from Day 1

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
Day One, but...

I didn't come away too impressed with Stacy. He had a bad fumble, may have some ball control issues because he carries it precariously.

They alternated Pead and Richardson with the ones, usually leading with Richardson. To me, Richardson looks better catching the ball and when he can hit the corner he accelerates better, Pead looks better weaving through traffic. Can't really get a feel for either's pass blocking yet, defense isn't going hard enough.

Givens and Pettis were the main wideouts working with the ones. So far, Austin, Bailey and Cook look the most dynamic. Givens was targeted on a deep ball and nearly came up with a difficult catch, but Jenkins was really in his pocket (Jenkins was awesome). Pettis to me still just looks like a guy.

Tavon is spectacular. Get ya popcorn ready.

Line looks good. Barring injury, I'd say Williams has won the starting LG spot.

Corey Harkey running with the ones with Kendricks out as the second TE. Looks smooth.

Jenkins and Finnegan look like they're in mid season form already, they're covering tight and getting up talking about your momma. Jenkins and Givens got in to it on one of the first plays from scrimmage.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Nyshe. Thanks PF.
Are you on Twitter?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
PrometheusFaulk said:
I'm not, my technological short bus-ness knows no bounds.
Ah well. You'll just have to give summaries instead of real-time updates. Either way is great. So you think Pettis looks like a JAG, eh? That's surprising, considering he was getting all the accolades early on.

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:
PrometheusFaulk said:
I'm not, my technological short bus-ness knows no bounds.
Ah well. You'll just have to give summaries instead of real-time updates. Either way is great. So you think Pettis looks like a JAG, eh? That's surprising, considering he was getting all the accolades early on.

Part of it could have been the nature of this practice - Pettis' (and Quick's) game is going to be more physical in terms of creating space, and mostly the DBs were playing a vanilla scheme instead of any tight man coverage. As a result, the offense was going for home runs with Austin, Bailey, Givens and Cook. That being said, I didn't see anything special about Pettis' game today. I think Quick (or maybe Bailey) could beat him out for snaps.

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
Thanks for the report. Stacy probably had rookie jitters. In college he was very sure handed when it came to ball security I have read. Nothing to stress about at all just yet.

V3

Hall of Fame
Not too worried about the fumbles. That stuff can be coached.

Thanks PF.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
What did you think of Benny, and were you as impressed with Helmick as a lot were? And you get a chance to see Saffold?