PFF wr rankings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
So I am to believe that by the end of the 2021 season the 9ers WR trio put up better numbers than than the Kupp, VJ, and OBJ/Woods combo?

This can be debated all day, but…
At least our guys ended up getting a ring. So there’s that.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Yeah no doubt. Assuming Odell is the same guy upon return, that he's fully back, what you have there is an All Time level WR corps, in that type of range. Because Kupp's elite and Robinson is probably going to be elite in this offense too.

That's the kind of passing trio that you don't stop. You pray you can get to the QB quick.
Which is why we need to pray Noteboom and Bruss are up to the task.

But, I think that's a very possible scenario.. and, if it is? I think we'll see some RIDICULOUS numbers put up by Stafford.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
btw...
If OBJ signs and is close to what he was last year? The Rams WR group is number one and it's not even a conversation.

BC Ramfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
BC Ramfan
IMO Lockett, Metcalf, and maybe Robinson.

BC

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Really?

Which one of the following is Deebo better than:

1. Kupp
2. Robinson
3. DK Metcalf
4. Tyler Lockett
5. DeAndre Hopkins
I would put him at #2 on this list. Hopkins has been hurt and is now suspended.
He averaged 18 yards a catch last year. I don’t care where he’s catching them if he’s producing that yardage. And that’s separate from his incredible run production.
Hate him because he’s a 9er… but he’s a fucking baller.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I would put him at #2 on this list. Hopkins has been hurt and is now suspended.
He averaged 18 yards a catch last year. I don’t care where he’s catching them if he’s producing that yardage. And that’s separate from his incredible run production.
Hate him because he’s a 9er… but he’s a fucking baller.

Never said he wasn't a baller. But I would put him #6 on that list, particularly if you are considering him only as a pure WR and not as a guy coming out of the backfield. He's not as good as a pure WR as any of those 5 I listed.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Never said he wasn't a baller. But I would put him #6 on that list, particularly if you are considering him only as a pure WR and not as a guy coming out of the backfield. He's not as good as a pure WR as any of those 5 I listed.
Tyler Lockett's best year... 100 catches for 1075 yards and 10tds. And we're saying Deebo doesn't run routes?
Metcalf.. 83 for 1303 and 10 TDS.
Robinson 80 for 1400 and 14 tds.

Deebo 77 for 1405 and 6.

Peak Hopkins is in the conversation with Kupp.. but we haven't seen peak Hopkins in a couple of years, imo.

Robinson and Deebo are very much on par as WRs, even if they're different types of targets.

Here's a little stat to show he's much more than people think.. when it comes to going downfield..

View: https://twitter.com/BenjaminSolak/status/1455622506291814406?s=20&t=GIzMA2F2gMIS6BtRmgmI-A

If he had a true downfield threat as a QB.. we'd see a different kind of Deebo than what we see now.

Then.. you ADD his running stuff on top of the rest of the stuff?? He's number 2 in that group.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Tyler Lockett's best year... 100 catches for 1075 yards and 10tds. And we're saying Deebo doesn't run routes?
Metcalf.. 83 for 1303 and 10 TDS.
Robinson 80 for 1400 and 14 tds.

Deebo 77 for 1405 and 6.

Peak Hopkins is in the conversation with Kupp.. but we haven't seen peak Hopkins in a couple of years, imo.

Robinson and Deebo are very much on par as WRs, even if they're different types of targets.

Here's a little stat to show he's much more than people think.. when it comes to going downfield..

View: https://twitter.com/BenjaminSolak/status/1455622506291814406?s=20&t=GIzMA2F2gMIS6BtRmgmI-A

If he had a true downfield threat as a QB.. we'd see a different kind of Deebo than what we see now.

Then.. you ADD his running stuff on top of the rest of the stuff?? He's number 2 in that group.

Robinson also caught 102 balls for 1200 yards in 2020 with a combination of Trubisky and Foles as his QBs. And the other season you listed he had Blake Bortles as a QB. And while I certainly agree that Deebo hasn't had a very good QB throwing to him, he's been on much more talented rosters than Robinson has for his entire career. He'd be #3 on our depth chart if he was with the Rams.

And he's still #6 on the list.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Robinson also caught 102 balls for 1200 yards in 2020 with a combination of Trubisky and Foles as his QBs. And the other season you listed he had Blake Bortles as a QB. And while I certainly agree that Deebo hasn't had a very good QB throwing to him, he's been on much more talented rosters than Robinson has for his entire career. He'd be #3 on our depth chart if he was with the Rams.

And he's still #6 on the list.
I think there's a good argument for Robinson.. but there's not a statistical argument, that's for sure.

And, again.. when you add his WR numbers.. including better ypc than anyone else on that list for a single season.. it becomes really difficult to make any case for anyone else on that list.
Hopkins would be the clear number 2 if he's healthy and ready to go. .. but I have my doubts, that's why I've dropped him down.
Deebo? No one in the league is better with the ball in his hands.

ARob is a true number one in my book.. and I think he's gonna be a beast with the Rams. It'll be interesting to see what his performance and numbers look like at the end of the season.

Deebo has had his own injuries.. so that's a fair concern.

But, for me.. there's not even a discussion to be had when it comes to Metcalf and Lockett. DK is a good two tiers down in the league.. and Lockett is another tier down from there.

We can hate him... but let's not ignore how good the guy is.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I think there's a good argument for Robinson.. but there's not a statistical argument, that's for sure.

And, again.. when you add his WR numbers.. including better ypc than anyone else on that list for a single season.. it becomes really difficult to make any case for anyone else on that list.
Hopkins would be the clear number 2 if he's healthy and ready to go. .. but I have my doubts, that's why I've dropped him down.
Deebo? No one in the league is better with the ball in his hands.

ARob is a true number one in my book.. and I think he's gonna be a beast with the Rams. It'll be interesting to see what his performance and numbers look like at the end of the season.

Deebo has had his own injuries.. so that's a fair concern.

But, for me.. there's not even a discussion to be had when it comes to Metcalf and Lockett. DK is a good two tiers down in the league.. and Lockett is another tier down from there.

We can hate him... but let's not ignore how good the guy is.

My hatred toward Deebo and my evaluation of his talent are mutually exclusive from one another. I'd just rank him behind the 5 I listed upthread. I think that what makes him special is his ability to operate out of the backfield in a hybrid RB/WR role. But as a pure WR, I'd take the 5 I listed above him, all day, every day.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
My hatred toward Deebo and my evaluation of his talent are mutually exclusive from one another. I'd just rank him behind the 5 I listed upthread. I think that what makes him special is his ability to operate out of the backfield in a hybrid RB/WR role. But as a pure WR, I'd take the 5 I listed above him, all day, every day.
Like I said… you can prefer them.. but the stats support the argument that he’s the best of the bunch. And that’s purely as a WR. Unless you don’t think YAC matters.

Deebo’s running is a bonus that makes him one of the top 5 weapons on offense in the NFL (non QBs).

Sure, you can choose who you want.
I just like to back my takes up.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Deebo is definitely 6th on that list if he isn't used as aggressively underneath any more. Take him out of the backfield and put him out there running deeper routes and he's not nearly as special.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I can't fucking stand Metcalf. And still I agree with this. :laugh4:

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Deebo is definitely 6th on that list if he isn't used as aggressively underneath any more. Take him out of the backfield and put him out there running deeper routes and he's not nearly as special.
Did you miss the downfield completion rate?

And.. he is used aggressively underneath.. and turns those into big gains.

And can leverage that into coverage looks that benefit him and the team downfield.

What are we even taking about?

I mean… 3rd & 8… you’re telling me you’d rather have DK?!?

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Hot Shots Idiot GIF
Looks like he picked a bad week to stop sniffing glue.

Tano

Legend
Did you miss the downfield completion rate?

And.. he is used aggressively underneath.. and turns those into big gains.

And can leverage that into coverage looks that benefit him and the team downfield.

What are we even taking about?

I mean… 3rd & 8… you’re telling me you’d rather have DK?!?
I'd rather have Deebo if Reeder is the linebacker.