PFF: Who is the top cornerback in the NFL?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Gotta disagree that Peters will be a 2 year rental, Merlin.

His ability to wear out his welcome is impressive 43, particularly considering how good he's been in the NFL thus far. So I hope you're right, but I'll leave it at that.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
I don’t know who the top guy is, but in terms of a unit (CB1, CB2, nickel), the Rams are clearly in the top 5 in the league.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I don’t know who the top guy is, but in terms of a unit (CB1, CB2, nickel), the Rams are clearly in the top 5 in the league.

My thoughts as well.

I can’t wait to watch this team.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
No way. One year does not a best cornerback make. Promising? Absolutely. Elite? Possibly. The best? Not even close.

Last year he was the best. In the NFL you're only as good as your last body of work. One year is absolutely enough to say he's the best at this current moment. Whether he can do it consistently is a different question.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
I guess we'll find out this year. I don't take any stock in predictions until they play. The rankings are pretty much based on last year, obviously.

I'm not buying into the Rams as having the tops yet because we'll never know until the regular season is underway. I've seen too much potential and ratings based on the previous seasons in all my years of following the NFL to fall for that. Got high hopes though.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
His ability to wear out his welcome is impressive 43, particularly considering how good he's been in the NFL thus far. So I hope you're right, but I'll leave it at that.

Only time will tell, Merlin.

My take?

MP loves football and loves winning.

He has McVay as his HC and Wade/Pleasant as his DC/Position coach, respectively. The best of the best, I think.

The team seems to have a sincere “we, not me” philosophy these days that should have a positive and calming effect on MP.

MP has millions of reasons to keep his nose clean in order to earn a juicy extension in 2 years, if you catch my drift. Lol.

His previous problems were not of the wife beater, alcohol, or drug abuser variety. They were more of the temper type resulting from frustration with ref calls or playing mistakes. The former are serious deal breaking types that will likely occur again and again. But I can kinda sympathize with the latter.

So, color me cautiously optimistic until shown otherwise.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There has been one moment with Marcus Peters, that I saw, where my butt cheeks sort of clenched my chair a bit. No one else caught it but me, I'm sure..and I acknowledge that what I saw might not be real...but I think it is.

It was one of MP's first press visits, and he was asked about Aaron Donald's contract situation. Mind you, Peters hasn't been on this team and hasn't really worked with AD yet. Peters is new with this organization and when most have been a little more circumspect in such a case. Not Peters...He got a tough look on his face for a second (oh shyte, what's he gonna say?)

"Pay the Man," he said. Most of us like that comment, which he said without qualification and without any care what his new employer might think about it.

What happens when he says something that we don't like?

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
There has been one moment with Marcus Peters, that I saw, where my butt cheeks sort of clenched my chair a bit. No one else caught it but me, I'm sure..and I acknowledge that what I saw might not be real...but I think it is.

It was one of MP's first press visits, and he was asked about Aaron Donald's contract situation. Mind you, Peters hasn't been on this team and hasn't really worked with AD yet. Peters is new with this organization and when most have been a little more circumspect in such a case. Not Peters...He got a tough look on his face for a second (oh shyte, what's he gonna say?)

"Pay the Man," he said. Most of us like that comment, which he said without qualification and without any care what his new employer might think about it.

What happens when he says something that we don't like?

I caught it too, and I agree. Another player gave a more neutral answer to that later, which I liked better. Not trying to read into it as too serious, but I filed MP's answer with "things that make me go hmmm."