PFF: Trades we'd like to see after the first quarter of the season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
BLT-Ravens-Header.png

Player acquired: Jamon Brown, Guard, Los Angeles Rams
Compensation: 5th round pick

The 2015 third-round draft pick has mainly played right guard throughout his career so far, but he has had multiple starts at left guard in his career, too, and graded solidly when he’s been there. Left guard is one of the weaker spots on the Ravens’ offensive line, with Alex Lewis producing a PFF grade of just 48.8 so far this season, and with Brown being kept out of the starting lineup by the impressive play of Austin Blythe, this is a trade that makes sense all around.

LA-Rams-Header-2017.png

Player acquired: Ezekiel Ansah, EDGE, Detroit Lions
Compensation: 3rd round pick

If there’s a weakness on the Rams’ defense, it’s on the edge. Ansah brings a productive player who can compress the edge while Aaron Donald and Ndamukong Suh dominate in the middle.
---------------------------------
To read the whole article click the link below.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/ne...-to-see-after-the-first-quarter-of-the-season

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
with Brown being kept out of the starting lineup by the impressive play of Austin Blythe, this is a trade that makes sense all around.

Well, no it doesn't. Why would the championship targeting Rams trade a starting caliber backup for a 5th? They will likely get a draft pick if he leaves after this season, and frankly, if Saffold or Blythe get hurt he would be needed, possibly desperately if injuries stacked up and Noteboom was needed elsewhere. Not likely to occur. If he were to be traded, it would be for a player that the Rams needed elsewhere, like an edge rusher that Wade felt could contribute.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
that said.... is there not an EDGE out there somewhere that's close to his talent that's looking for a new home?? I guess there's no way to tell for sure if Snead's got his eye on someone, but who would be out there that could be had for a 3rd?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Nah, I don't trade Brown. In my honest opinion, I think he re-signs over Saffold next year. Even if he doesn't, what happens if - fate forbid - Saffold or Sullivan go down this year?