PFF: Top 25 offensive linemen of the 2017 NFL season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-top-25-offensive-linemen-of-the-2017-nfl-season

Top 25 offensive linemen of the 2017 NFL season
BY SAM MONSON

After 14 weeks of the NFL season, offensive line play continues to dominate the landscape for several teams across the league. Teams have persevered through injury on their respective offensive lines, while others have suffered through tough injury stretches that may or may not have completely effected their seasons.

PFF’s Sam Monson highlights the list of top 25 offensive linemen through 14 weeks of football, with several noteworthy players on this list who have certainly had their part in pushing their teams to where they are now.

*Editor’s Note: This list is largely based on our Pro Football Focus Player Grades, but does not stick to them 100 percent, rather Senior Analyst Sam Monson has adjusted for scheme and/or role variances between select players in certain instances.

15. RODGER SAFFOLD, G, LOS ANGELES RAMS – 84.2 OVERALL GRADE
PFF Elite Stat:
Saffold has given up just one sack all season, across 445 snaps in pass protection.

After a tough start to the season, Rodger Saffold has been a force for the Rams in their run this season. On the year, he has given up just one sack, and 18 total pressures, but his most dominant aspect of play has been run blocking. Saffold’s brute strength is impressive and his ability to make blocks on the move has led to some highlight reel plays in opening space for Todd Gurley to exploit for big gains.

16. ANDREW WHITWORTH, T, LOS ANGELES RAMS – 83.6 OVERALL GRADE
PFF Elite Stat: Whitworth has allowed just 21 pressures this year, across 443 pass blocking snaps.

He may be 36-years old, but Andrew Whitworth remains one of the best tackles in the game, and has done so outside of the protection of the Cincinnati offensive scheme which has been one of the easier to block within for the past several seasons. Whitworth has represented a monstrous upgrade over what the Rams have had at left tackle over the past few years. Whitworth has surrendered 21 total pressures on the season, and has positive grades in every facet of play PFF measures.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
A great honeymoon season since the marriage of these two massive LEFT side OL'ers began in September. Can we please use of of the 12 plus million from Rob Quinn or the TA 8 million in 2018 to keep Saffold here after next season?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-top-25-offensive-linemen-of-the-2017-nfl-season

Top 25 offensive linemen of the 2017 NFL season
BY SAM MONSON

After 14 weeks of the NFL season, offensive line play continues to dominate the landscape for several teams across the league. Teams have persevered through injury on their respective offensive lines, while others have suffered through tough injury stretches that may or may not have completely effected their seasons.

PFF’s Sam Monson highlights the list of top 25 offensive linemen through 14 weeks of football, with several noteworthy players on this list who have certainly had their part in pushing their teams to where they are now.

*Editor’s Note: This list is largely based on our Pro Football Focus Player Grades, but does not stick to them 100 percent, rather Senior Analyst Sam Monson has adjusted for scheme and/or role variances between select players in certain instances.

PFF Elite Stat:
Saffold has given up just one sack all season, across 445 snaps in pass protection.

After a tough start to the season, Rodger Saffold has been a force for the Rams in their run this season. On the year, he has given up just one sack, and 18 total pressures, but his most dominant aspect of play has been run blocking. Saffold’s brute strength is impressive and his ability to make blocks on the move has led to some highlight reel plays in opening space for Todd Gurley to exploit for big gains.

16. ANDREW WHITWORTH, T, LOS ANGELES RAMS – 83.6 OVERALL GRADE
PFF Elite Stat: Whitworth has allowed just 21 pressures this year, across 443 pass blocking snaps.

He may be 36-years old, but Andrew Whitworth remains one of the best tackles in the game, and has done so outside of the protection of the Cincinnati offensive scheme which has been one of the easier to block within for the past several seasons. Whitworth has represented a monstrous upgrade over what the Rams have had at left tackle over the past few years. Whitworth has surrendered 21 total pressures on the season, and has positive grades in every facet of play PFF measures.
The way these two have played, I'm surprised they don't rank Higher!! JMHO!

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
A great honeymoon season since the marriage of these two massive LEFT side OL'ers began in September. Can we please use of of the 12 plus million from Rob Quinn or the TA 8 million in 2018 to keep Saffold here after next season?

Quinn has been playing great since coming back. Hopefully we can work out a deal on both. I think you'll get your with TA tho

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Couple names for next season....
https://www.drafttek.com/2018-NFL-D.../Top-College-Offensive-Tackles-2018-Draft.asp

Connor Williams-Texas,

Chukwuma Okorafor, Western Michigan

Desmond Harrison, West Georgia

Orlando Brown, Oklahoma

Williams should be available late in the first...

the others in the 4th round or later.
Its possible that that Texas Longhorns LT Connor Williams who is a Jr comes out after that early season knee surgery just might be there late first round.....appears to be a outstanding smart kid. Those OT's from Iowa & the U ( good OL schools) would also need to be seriously scouted too. Brown is monster sized LT.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Couple names for next season....
https://www.drafttek.com/2018-NFL-D.../Top-College-Offensive-Tackles-2018-Draft.asp

Connor Williams-Texas,

Chukwuma Okorafor, Western Michigan

Desmond Harrison, West Georgia

Orlando Brown, Oklahoma

Williams should be available late in the first...

the others in the 4th round or later.
Williams will be gone and if you think Brown makes it out of the first much less the 4th round you need to lay off the drugs. Both are gone in the first by pick 20. Okorafor looks like he is getting 2nd round talk.

My small school crush is Alex Cappa from Humbolt St. Third maybe fourth round range.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Williams will be gone and if you think Brown makes it out of the first much less the 4th round you need to lay off the drugs. Both are gone in the first by pick 20. Okorafor looks like he is getting 2nd round talk.

My small school crush is Alex Cappa from Humbolt St. Third maybe fourth round range.
Somewhere in space, LACHAMP46 responds...

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
PFF Elite Stat:

Cop: Roger, we need you to put your hands on the vehicle. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be ...
Roger: What's the charge?
Cop: Assault and battery. Many, many counts.
Roger: Seriously?
Cop: Seriously. We have a significant amount of video evidence.
Roger: Oh really ... and where did you get all of this evidence?
Cop: Chuck Pagano provided us with the first evidence back in September. Jay Gruden provided some, a number of prominent NFL coaches did. And this past Monday morning, Doug Pederson provided video evidence of a particularly severe assault against two of his players. I'm sorry Roger, but we've got you dead to rights on these charges.
Roger: But I've got a game Sunday!
Cop: Sorry, Roger. Besides, those guys are way too scared to face you. Now, where was I? Oh yeah, anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of law ...

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
if you think Brown makes it out of the first much less the 4th round you need to lay off the drugs.
that's medication to you, bud......LOL
images

The little I've seen of Brown makes me think he's not that highly coveted....Personally, I'm really looking at him as a RT....and only because his daddy was a beast.
Ok, how about the 3rd round? We all know we gave away our 2nd.....

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
that's medication to you, bud......LOL
images

The little I've seen of Brown makes me think he's not that highly coveted....Personally, I'm really looking at him as a RT....and only because his daddy was a beast.

Ok, how about the 3rd round? We all know we gave away our 2nd.....
I'd bet both those tackles go in the top ten.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Williams maybe....I still don't see first round talent on Brown...what makes you like Brown so much?
Size and agility as well as footwork. His size and ability to anchor seems to make it hard to beat him with speed. He has some questions like lateral speed and of course the offense he comes from. But with his size, footwork and tape vs good competition he will go early. Hell I've seen mocks with him taken as the first OT.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Size and agility as well as footwork. His size and ability to anchor seems to make it hard to beat him with speed. He has some questions like lateral speed and of course the offense he comes from.
yeah...he's huge...in fact, I've never seen so many huge tackles in college football....6'7 and up...

I definitely see that slow lateral speed...I hope Oklahoma wins their first game...so I get to see him 2 more times vs top competition from the SEC.