PFF: "There is little doubt that Aaron Donald is special"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Killgasm

Starter
Name
Alex
I'm betting Donald makes top 100 players after his rookie season. If you agree where do you think he will fall?
Because he is a ram in the #90s but if he played for another team like the patriots or cowboys in the#50's maybe even #40's

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Aaron Donald: DROY

The guy is an incredible athlete. Not only can he get into the backfield in a flash but, once he's there, he can change direction really quickly if a RB is trying to get outside.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I personally dont feel weremissing him that much. Hayes starting playing like his old self. I think the reason we were not getting pressure is because teams are just throwing it quicker. If im not Mistaken we didnt get any sacks wwith him on the field in preseason.
It's not so much about sacks it's leadership and accountability not to mention it would help our run defense a lot. CL sets the edge and a lot of those big runs doesn't happen if he is on the field. The Vikings ran that sweep with Patterson as soon as CL was out the game. That play never happens if he is on the field

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
He has proven me wrong. I thought he was too small to match up with bigger, faster, stronger NFL Olinemen. I didn't like the sample size in college where most of the teams he played we're UConn level talent. Many sited Fl. st. But in reality their line is not very good.

In this case competition faced means very little.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
He has proven me wrong. I thought he was too small to match up with bigger, faster, stronger NFL Olinemen. I didn't like the sample size in college where most of the teams he played we're UConn level talent. Many sited Fl. st. But in reality their line is not very good.

In this case competition faced means very little.

On the other hand I have never been anything but certain Aaron would be a dominant player.
Seeing him up close with other linemen going through pre game drills he's NOT small ,he just isn't tall and he uses that to beat taller players ,his quickness compares favorably to Dwight Freeny and IMO could spell Quinn outside,he is special and although we had needs at other positions when we used the pick for him,I have serious dobts there was a player available who rendered NEAR the value Donald did, has and will. Best pick IMO Snead has made since being here

Athos

Legend
GRob and Donald. Wasn't a total fan of both at the time, though one of my last mocks included Donald, but I'm sure as heck we have them now. Donald is probably our best player right now.

Wish we had been able to swing Martin as well.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
On the other hand I have never been anything but certain Aaron would be a dominant player.
Seeing him up close with other linemen going through pre game drills he's NOT small ,he just isn't tall and he uses that to beat taller players ,his quickness compares favorably to Dwight Freeny and IMO could spell Quinn outside,he is special and although we had needs at other positions when we used the pick for him,I have serious dobts there was a player available who rendered NEAR the value Donald did, has and will. Best pick IMO Snead has made since being here

Funny you say that I have been wondering how he would fare on the outside with his speed and skill set. I would guess that if he got a shot at it he would wreck things from there too.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
GRob and Donald. Wasn't a total fan of both at the time, though one of my last mocks included Donald, but I'm sure as heck we have them now. Donald is probably our best player right now.

Wish we had been able to swing Martin as well.

If we could have traded up to get martin that probably means we wouldnt have Joyner and Im sure that still wouldnt have been enough to get back into the first round without giving up a first next year. But good God that would have been an amazing draft to get Robinson, Donald, and Martin both lines would have then been set up to dominate for years to come.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Funny you say that I have been wondering how he would fare on the outside with his speed and skill set. I would guess that if he got a shot at it he would wreck things from there too.
Hell I want to see them use him as a RB in goal line situations like the Bears did the Fridge,his "getoff " is as quick as most RBs and he would make his own hole

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hats off to the young man. He is having a heck of a rookie showing. The way he shoots the gap is outstanding.

Agree with Thor, best pick by Snead and Fisher since they have been here. He could be really special.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Hats off to the young man. He is having a heck of a rookie showing. The way he shoots the gap is outstanding.

Agree with Thor, best pick by Snead and Fisher since they have been here. He could be really special.
And GRob could be the second best,I can't say it enough about how they NAILED IT with this draft ,now is NOT the time for a regime change and let someone else get the credit for the foundation that has been laid

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
He's the Mike Tyson of DT's. He'll be DPOY within a few years.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

If GRob develops like expected it is an incontestable success. Right now I could be just as happy if the picks were Kahlil Mack and Zach Martin. Both are playing great. But if GROb becomes a franchise OLT then the importance of that position trumps LBer and Guard.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Don't ya get tired of seeing QB's in the shotgun on 3rd and 1 ? I'm like, really? If I was an o-lineman I'd be insulted

I agree.......and that is a great down to do some PA and catch the backside of the defense off guard.

Athos

Legend
Hell I want to see them use him as a RB in goal line situations like the Bears did the Fridge,his "getoff " is as quick as most RBs and he would make his own hole

Jets have done it with Big Shell. I don't see why not when it's inside the 5. He'd be through before the tackles got up.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Donald is so much fun to watch. I find myself rewinding plays 3-4 times to see how he got through the line so quickly sometimes. He is devastating when the guy he is lined up on pulls. In that situation he is almost impossible to block.