PFF Ranks Rams Roster #11

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
For those who love PFF and as proof they don't know what they are saying, PFF now ranks the Rams roster at 11. This is below Denver and Washington! LMAO

Stafford IMO is a lock for the HOF with his numbers. He ranks in the top 20 all-time in pass attempts, completions, passing yards, and passing touchdowns, and ranks third all-time in passing yards per game. The only thing missing is a SB ring.

AD is an undisputed lock for the HOF

Ramsey is on track for a HOF type career. One of the top SHUTDOWN CBs in the NFL grades at 79? More PFF nonsense.

A roster with 3 future HOF players on it at the same time is #11 in the eyes of PFF? What a joke PFF is and continues to embarrass themselves to be. They are clueless in evaluating NFL play and every NFL coach knows this. Now, this stupidity just shows how poorly they understand the NFL and how they simply don't understand how to evaluate players and their impact.

A total headshaker.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
They should go back and overhaul their grading and improve it. Their statistical analysis is pretty good, but they are all over the map with their game grades.

Those grades feed stuff like that list.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The Rams were two wins from the Super Bowl. That makes them at least top 6 doesn’t it? Plus they added Stafford.

However the lost a top Safety and a good corner. So if just talking about roster, I guess that I understand outside of the top six. Coaching isn’t figured in I guess. That puts them back inside the top six.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I've ignored PFF for years now, positive or negative.

You know who really uses PFF? NBC (aka Foolio's world) and Skip Bayless. I've yet to see the actual NFL people use it. Imagine teaching a position group in film study.

"Hey, look at you, # 55? See that? PFF has graded you a 45! You need to get better!"

I'm not gonna lose sleep over what PFF says.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
PFF is not an end all be all. We all know our Rams are gonna put down this year. They'll be on the Rams nuts aka wagon once they see Stafford light it up.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
When someone at work shows me data that doesn't make sense I tell them try again! It's amazing how easy it is for one little mistake to make the results totally wrong. :rolleyes:

TexasRam

Legend
The meaning of the acronym pff literally means disappointment.

Isn't it ironic. Don'tcha think?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
For those who love PFF and as proof they don't know what they are saying, PFF now ranks the Rams roster at 11. This is below Denver and Washington! LMAO

Stafford IMO is a lock for the HOF with his numbers. He ranks in the top 20 all-time in pass attempts, completions, passing yards, and passing touchdowns, and ranks third all-time in passing yards per game. The only thing missing is a SB ring.

AD is an undisputed lock for the HOF

Ramsey is on track for a HOF type career. One of the top SHUTDOWN CBs in the NFL grades at 79? More PFF nonsense.

A roster with 3 future HOF players on it at the same time is #11 in the eyes of PFF? What a joke PFF is and continues to embarrass themselves to be. They are clueless in evaluating NFL play and every NFL coach knows this. Now, this stupidity just shows how poorly they understand the NFL and how they simply don't understand how to evaluate players and their impact.

A total headshaker.

Don’t forget about Andrew Whitworth.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
I really hate being the dissenting voice but PFF has SOME merit albeit with flaws. When they say AD is the most dominant football player for many years, nobody here complains. At least they get it better than the MVP voters. But when they grade linemen and linebackers without knowing their assignments, they simply get it wrong.

The real problem with this ranking is that it doesn't account for coaching decisions that put players in position to succeed or fail. It also doesn't put weight on performance against superior individual opponents. For example, how many offensive linemen in the league see their numbers dip against AD but get higher scores against other players? They also have no system for weighting the value of a QB over say, a punter. How would you even do that?

Their system here says the CUMULATIVE individual scores put teams in the order published with rosters as they are comprised today before the offseason is complete. The Rams have not retained Blythe so it's fair to say they probably have the worst center grade in football. That doesn't mean the position won't be addressed. There just isn't any statistical data to consider yet. So what? It's a snapshot before the draft and all the moves that will occur this summer. The rankings will all change considerably come August and projecting the impact of rookies is damned near impossible. The sum of the individual parts is all they published. It isn't intended to mean that the WFT or Broncos are better teams, just that the sum of their individual players have a higher score today. In short, there's no real reason to be emotional about this article. For all the flaws, it simply means the Rams have work to do this offseason...duh.

I too complain about the PFF flaws but at least they try to compile information based on an incredible amount of film study. The only alternative we all wish was available would be coaches' evaluations after each game. Now THAT would be amazing. Until then (it will never happen), at least they are trying to add some frame of reference beyond what the other media provides. I like PFF but like everything else, the information needs to be filtered by logic to derive its value.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
How can you take someone serious when they rank the Broncos at number 6? And they would be ranked higher if they signed JJ instead of Floyd? JJ's a good player but he's far from elite. The Rams have options for his replacement. They really had nothing at edge rusher if they let Floyd walk. Donald woulda been quadruple teamed.

Tano

Legend
How can you take someone serious when they rank the Broncos at number 6? And they would be ranked higher if they signed JJ instead of Floyd? JJ's a good player but he's far from elite. The Rams have options for his replacement. They really had nothing at edge rusher if they let Floyd walk. Donald woulda been quadruple teamed.
Donald has already been quadruple teamed on plays

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah it would have sucked to watch this defensive front minus Floyd. IMO making room for him will go down as a very smart decision.

tempests

Hall of Fame
What they are, is football fans who try and break down film. Yes, their insight is limited and their methodology has flaws but I can appreciate that they make an honest effort to go beneath the surface.

Remembering our issues on offense and special teams last year and I'm not going to get my back up over it.