PFF: Rams Lead NFL in Yds/Run when Pulling Backside OL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
But to put that in perspective, the defense was ranked 2nd in the league in points allowed in the first half, and 4th worst in second half points allowed.

Slight correction. The team was 4th worst in points allowed in the second half, the defense was tied 13th in second half points allowed.

Edit: Sorry, that includes the kick off return TD by the Chiefs CBA going through every team removing second half kick off return TDs, the D was probably better than 13th.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Slight correction. The team was 4th worst in points allowed in the second half, the defense was tied 13th in second half points allowed.

Edit: Sorry, that includes the kick off return TD by the Chiefs CBA going through every team removing second half kick off return TDs, the D was probably better than 13th.
Good point and good catch. Still, that doesn't modify my opinion that a decent (or even halfway decent) QB wouldn't have made a huge difference in our second half points. Well, that, and receivers who weren't so damn raw and/or inconsistent. That's why I don't tend to lay everything at Schotty's feet when it comes to this stuff. As I said elsewhere, he's the 3rd coordinator in 5 years who wasn't able to turn water into wine.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Or maybe execution wasn't always on point because his playbook reads like a trigonometry exam. We do know that. And we do know that a few of these receivers had very little exposure to playbooks before they were drafted. That, coupled with the carousel of QBs these past couple of years, makes it very hard to put another team on the ropes. I understand what you're saying Barry, but I'm just not ever going to subscribe to the idea that Schotty didn't "adjust". We've had 3 offensive coordinators since the purge of 2009, and the results have always been the same. The only common thread I can find is that both head coaches aren't widely known for their offensive prowess.
You make valid points, just gonna have to wait to see if Cigs can be the difference.