PFF Has 4 Rams topping their list of week 5 worst performances

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stel

Starter
Plenty of things about which to criticize our offense and they criticize two blockers for poor blocking in the run game for a team that had the second most rushing yardage on the week? Odd.

RamzFanz

Damnit

PFF...so useful in context, so useless without.

Yes, 2 o-line (TE blocking) efforts failed, I think it should be WAY more. Foles failed almost only because of it.

Hekker? GZ misses 3 (1 blocked) and Hekker? That's why stats make people idiots. (not you, just sayin')

Hekker should be a nomination for Rams' player of the game!

RAMBUSH

Starter
Plenty of things about which to criticize our offense and they criticize two blockers for poor blocking in the run game for a team that had the second most rushing yardage on the week? Odd.
Odd indeed!!! I thought the same exact thing!!!!

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yes, 2 o-line (TE blocking) efforts failed, I think it should be WAY more. Foles failed almost only because of it.

Hekker? GZ misses 3 (1 blocked) and Hekker? That's why stats make people idiots. (not you, just sayin')

No need to even qualify @RamzFanz, We know each other better than that.
I just posted it for something fresh to read. I thought the same thing. A touchback in that situation sucked but not all on him. I guess when you miss from the mid 50's they give you a pass, Whatever.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
I didn't even read the article but it is not odd... gurley has been the difference in our running game. If Cunningham or mason would have had 30 carries do you honestly think they come remotely close to the same production... or even the week before have 9 carries with the same production as gurley? If you do believe that just revert back to the 1st 3 ga m es and how the runners performed. Also go back to the last 3 years and how the runners performed... I think gurley has at least 6 runs of 20yrds or more in 3 games. Im not a stats guy but I bet in the last 5years we proably just totaled his 20+yards in 2 games than we have had per season in 5 or so years. Now that's production and Gurley is the common denominator.

I blame our bad run blocking on the run blocking scheme. You draft guys that are big, strong, and slow and have them attempt to zone block instead if just beating the man in front of them. That's the coaches fault but I have no idea on the pass blocking, they are just bad individually it seems

RamzFanz

Damnit
No need to even qualify @RamzFanz, We know each other better than that.
I just posted it for something fresh to read. I thought the same thing. A touchback in that situation sucked but not all on him. I guess when you miss from the mid 50's they give you a pass, Whatever.

(y)

RamzFanz

Damnit
I didn't even read the article but it is not odd... gurley has been the difference in our running game. If Cunningham or mason would have had 30 carries do you honestly think they come remotely close to the same production... or even the week before have 9 carries with the same production as gurley? If you do believe that just revert back to the 1st 3 ga m es and how the runners performed. Also go back to the last 3 years and how the runners performed... I think gurley has at least 6 runs of 20yrds or more in 3 games. Im not a stats guy but I bet in the last 5years we proably just totaled his 20+yards in 2 games than we have had per season in 5 or so years. Now that's production and Gurley is the common denominator.

I blame our bad run blocking on the run blocking scheme. You draft guys that are big, strong, and slow and have them attempt to zone block instead if just beating the man in front of them. That's the coaches fault but I have no idea on the pass blocking, they are just bad individually it seems

Yep, it seems. Foles got DESTROYED by this line.

Quite frankly, while they made a big hole for Gurley in his debut for a big gain, Gurley smoked the Packers despite no holes, not because of them.

TheBunk

Rookie

A couple of his punts had no business being a touchback but I mostly agree.

DenverRam

Starter
harkey did suck blocking. he would take the 2nd guy coming at gurley most of the time last game.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

I'd say the Ravens and Detroit have fallen back the hardest so far. Dolphins and Chiefs, too.