Peyton to Titans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
That's my prediction... because:

- Bud Adams will give Peyton a post-player role in team ownership and/or executive staff
- Peyton's college home
- one of two AFC teams bidding for Peyton (Peyton won't go to NFC & compete with Eli), so Cardinals are out.
- other "serious" AFC contender (Denver), has already given their franchise QB the kind of exec role that Peyton wants, so Denver is out

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
I just want this to end lol. Im sure Peyton would LOVE to face the Colts for the next few years.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Oh you. You and your tricky lead-in thread titles. :fk:

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Peyton worked out for Harbaugh & the 49ers early... oh crap... really? I just don't see those two co-existing. Actually, I don't see Peyton having the patience for Harbaugh.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
interference said:
Peyton worked out for Harbaugh & the 49ers early... oh crap... really? I just don't see those two co-existing. Actually, I don't see Peyton having the patience for Harbaugh.

Harbaugh + Moss + Manning = San Fransego forty egoers.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Now we learn that Alex Smith is visiting the Miami Dolphins. This is nuts.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Let's talk scenarios, just for fun....

Peyton to Titans
Tebow to Dolphins (rumors he now wants out of Denver)
Alex Smith to Broncos (leaves 'cause pissed at n*ners for chasing Peyton)
And who do the Whiners get? Still wondering. Matt Flynn? David Girrard? Hasselbeck?

How weird would all of that be?

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
interference said:
Let's talk scenarios, just for fun....

Peyton to Titans
Tebow to Dolphins (rumors he now wants out of Denver)
Alex Smith to Broncos (leaves 'cause pissed at n*ners for chasing Peyton)
And who do the Whiners get? Still wondering. Matt Flynn? David Girrard? Hasselbeck?

How weird would all of that be?

Its gotta be fascinating to see these other teams scramble at QB after Peyton makes his choice.

Titans are in a solid spot no matter what because they still have Hasselebeck as the bridge QB and Locker as the future.

Broncos are in a tricky situation with Tebow.

Alex Smith is smart to do visits with other teams now, but he wont sign anywhere soon, if Niners dont land Manning, they will probably resign him, and he knows that team/cocaching staff is the best situation for him.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
FLynn just went to the Seahags... so the SOAP Opera thickens

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Broncos, really? I can't believe he signed with the Broncos. Oh well.

Now, I'll have to see if Tebow goes to the Dolphins, that would be the ultimate irony.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
LOL....

I'm hoping Smith goes to Miami ,,, forcing the whiners to trade for Tebow .

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Broncos not expecting much in Tim Tebow trade

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 19, 2012, 1:17 PM EDT

Getty Images
The Broncos are expected to move quickly to trade Tim Tebow as soon as the Peyton Manning signing becomes official, and they’re not going to hold out for a great offer.

ESPN’s Chris Mortensen reported that the Broncos aren’t confident at all that they’re going to get much of value for Tebow, who two years ago was a first-round draft pick in Denver and two months ago was a winning quarterback in a playoff game in Denver.

As we’ve previously noted, Mortensen mentioned that Jaguars owner Shad Khan would love to see Tebow in a Jaguars uniform from a business perspective, even if the football people tell him that it doesn’t make sense from a football perspective because Blaine Gabbert was the Jaguars’ first-round pick last year and Chad Henne has been signed as well. This might just be a move where the owner overrules the football people, especially if Tebow can be had on the cheap.

Tebow’s popularity in Florida could also lead to Miami or Tampa Bay seeking his services, and the Patriots could have some interest, as offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels was the man who drafted Tebow in Denver, and head coach Bill Belichick has said he liked Tebow after studying the Urban Meyer offense that Tebow ran at Florida.

But no matter which of those teams are interested in Tebow, they won’t be interested in giving up a bounty of draft picks for him. Former NFL general manager Charley Casserly told USA Today, “I’d be surprised if he went for much better than a fifth rounder.”

Mortensen said that if the Broncos can’t trade Tebow, they would likely release him. Bottom line: Tebowmania in Denver is dead.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Looks like the party is over for Tebow.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
interference said:
Broncos, really? I can't believe he signed with the Broncos. Oh well.

Now, I'll have to see if Tebow goes to the Dolphins, that would be the ultimate irony.

Cap room had to be a big factor. They can go out and get Saturday, Clark and maybe Mike Wallace now. The defense still needs a lot of work but it has a similar setup to what the Colts had all those years with the 2 pass rushers being a strength for them.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Man, I almost feel sorry for Tebow. The guy got them to the playoffs in his first full year as a starter and won them a playoff game in overtime. You have to wonder what more he could have possibly done to make Elway want to keep him. The Broncos front office was against him from the start.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Memento said:
Man, I almost feel sorry for Tebow. The guy got them to the playoffs in his first full year as a starter and won them a playoff game in overtime. You have to wonder what more he could have possibly done to make Elway want to keep him. The Broncos front office was against him from the start.

Throw a better football?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah - the guy was in a no win situation. I actually hope he goes somewhere and lights it up and then puts up 50 on the Broncs. That would be classic.

I'm not saying he will ever become a great NFL QB but I gotta admit, I'm pulling for him if for no other reason than to prove all the "people in the know" wrong.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
RamFan503 said:
Yeah - the guy was in a no win situation. I actually hope he goes somewhere and lights it up and then puts up 50 on the Broncs. That would be classic.

I'm not saying he will ever become a great NFL QB but I gotta admit, I'm pulling for him if for no other reason than to prove all the "people in the know" wrong.
Yeah, I'd like to see the kid rock all the naysayers.