Peyton Manning wanted less money than Brady was making...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
He knows he's on the last leg or his career. Why would you not want to take less money to win a championship. This kind of stuff only happens after these guys become millionaires many times over.

This is the only time in an NFL career that money doesn't mean more than a championship.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
He knows he's on the last leg or his career. Why would you not want to take less money to win a championship. This kind of stuff only happens after these guys become millionaires many times over.

This is the only time in an NFL career that money doesn't mean more than a championship.

I'm not sure about that.....
That's a pretty broad statement, but I do agree money does indeed talk.

Ram_of_Old

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Manning won his Super Bowl without the benefits of a Cam Corder...

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Players that are truly invested in their teams are willing to take pay cuts in order to bring in better talent around them. I think it's a smart idea. The alternative is to make millions but also make your job more difficult. The way the Broncos are signing people in free agency, they are obviously shooting for one last Super Bowl opportunity before Manning has nothing left in the tank.

Ram_of_Old

Players that are truly invested in their teams are willing to take pay cuts in order to bring in better talent around them. I think it's a smart idea. The alternative is to make millions but also make your job more difficult. The way the Broncos are signing people in free agency, they are obviously shooting for one last Super Bowl opportunity before Manning has nothing left in the tank.

I totally agree. I hope he gets it. He is a class dude.

RamzFanz

Damnit

...and it does mean money down the road. That ring carries a lot of weight in endorsements and such. Not that it would matter.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
...and it does mean money down the road. That ring carries a lot of weight in endorsements and such. Not that it would matter.

Yea, I'm just tired of the people that think, "Why doesn't Bradford do this." I'm not saying that anyone here has said that, but you know what all the know-it-all's are saying. Two different times in two different careers. He would have never taken a paycut on his second deal. Neither would have Brady.

Media hype at it's finest.

Ram_of_Old

He has to match little brother.