Peyton Manning tells Broncos he’s ready to roll in 2015

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ning-tells-broncos-hes-ready-to-roll-in-2015/

Peyton Manning tells Broncos he’s ready to roll in 2015
Posted by Darin Gantt on February 13, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpthknjy0mtnkzwvkm2nlogzlztjlnte3ndk4njk3ntdj.jpeg

While it’s a step short of a declaration of their intentions, Peyton Manning has told the Broncos he’s ready to go again in 2015.

According to Chris Mortensen of ESPN, Manning told Broncos boss John Elway and team officials this week that he’s “physically and mentally prepared to play at a significant level in 2015.”

Manning has been working out and getting checked out in New Orleans in recent weeks, and is apparently confident that neither the neck issues nor the leg injuries which slowed him down the stretch will be an issue in the coming seasons.

Manning met with the Broncos braintrust Thursday, and some final decision on his status with the team is expected next week.

Of course, there are other hurdles to clear, such as compensation and structure thereof. He’ll be due $19 million in guaranteed salary if he’s on the roster on March 9. They could restructure the deal to create more cap room, since they have numerous free agents they’d like to keep.

jjab360

Legend
This guy deserves to go out on top imo. One of the smartest, most dedicated players in NFL history.

BelgianRam

UDFA
Name
Timoty
This guy deserves to go out on top imo. One of the smartest, most dedicated players in NFL history.

I agree, Always enjoy watching him play, he really brought to light the mental (intelligence) aspect of the game for me. And I consider myself very fortunate to have had the chance to watch him in live game action. Especially if that game action was with our Rams beating the broncos mercilessly :sneaky:

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
If he was smart he'd go to a team like ARZ or STL. Both teams are way better than DEN but need a dependable QB. Even Buffalo would be better than staying in DEN. That team sucks, no chance to hang with Brady.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
If he was smart he'd go to a team like ARZ or STL. Both teams are way better than DEN but need a dependable QB. Even Buffalo would be better than staying in DEN. That team sucks, no chance to hang with Brady.

He might not be able to sleep at night playing in the NFC West.

jjab360

Legend
Huh? Denver has a good O-line, one of the best receiving corps in the league, a never ending stable of RBs, a pair of elite pass rushers, and a number of good DBs.Was this post supposed to be tongue-in-cheek?

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Huh? Denver has a good O-line, one of the best receiving corps in the league, a never ending stable of RBs, a pair of elite pass rushers, and a number of good DBs.Was this post supposed to be tongue-in-cheek?

They. Suck. They're not as bad as Indi, but they are pretty bad.

And for a team with multiple good RB's and an excellent OL, their running game sucks. If Manning if off his game then they implode big time. Give them our schedule and watch them cower and crumble like a bunch of female dogs. Only two relaltive teams in the AFC are BAL and NE. That's what its going to boil down to again next year. Manning needs to retire before he leaves the NFL in a wheel chair. But shoot, he does play in the AFC after all. Their defenses are nearly as stout as the NFC.

jjab360

Legend
They. Suck. They're not as bad as Indi, but they are pretty bad.

And for a team with multiple good RB's and an excellent OL, their running game sucks. If Manning if off his game then they implode big time. Give them our schedule and watch them cower and crumble like a bunch of female dogs. Only two relaltive teams in the AFC are BAL and NE. That's what its going to boil down to again next year. Manning needs to retire before he leaves the NFL in a wheel chair. But shoot, he does play in the AFC after all. Their defenses are nearly as stout as the NFC.
Denver sucks? Indy sucks? My bad, I didn't know we were leaving reality behind in this discussion. :cautious:

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Denver sucks? Indy sucks? My bad, I didn't know we were leaving reality behind in this discussion. :cautious:

Meh, you're just like the usual crowd that just follows the media. Not much of a discussion to be had.

Indi had a graaaavy schedule and competes with 3 terrible rivals for their division title every year. They rarely beat actually good teams.

Denver looked way better before STL punch them in the mouth and exposed their weaknesses. They've sucked ever since. They're panzies and will be fortunate to play in the AFCC next year, very fortunate. In fact I think they'll do good just to have a competitive record. Those guys suck. Plus Manning is not the same guy anymore, he needs to hang them up. Of course he has nothing better to do though.

But they only suck because they don't live up to expectations of the media. We aren't talking TENN kind of sucking.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Well I wish the Rams would start sucking like Denver and start making some appearances in the post season.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Meh, you're just like the usual crowd that just follows the media. Not much of a discussion to be had.

Indi had a graaaavy schedule and competes with 3 terrible rivals for their division title every year. They rarely beat actually good teams.

Denver looked way better before STL punch them in the mouth and exposed their weaknesses. They've sucked ever since. They're panzies and will be fortunate to play in the AFCC next year, very fortunate. In fact I think they'll do good just to have a competitive record. Those guys suck. Plus Manning is not the same guy anymore, he needs to hang them up. Of course he has nothing better to do though.

But they only suck because they don't live up to expectations of the media. We aren't talking TENN kind of sucking.
You have a valid point, but I wouldn't go as far as to say Indy sucks. Teams that suck don't make the playoffs year after year.
But they do have a cake schedule and benefit from it constantly. To wit:

2012: 8 of their 11 wins came against teams with an overall losing record.
2013: 7 of their 11 wins came against teams with an overall losing record.
2014: 7 of their 11 wins came against teams with an overall losing record.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
You have a valid point, but I wouldn't go as far as to say Indy sucks. Teams that suck don't make the playoffs year after year.
But they do have a cake schedule and benefit from it constantly. To wit:

2012: 8 of their 11 wins came against teams with an overall losing record.
2013: 7 of their 11 wins came against teams with an overall losing record.
2014: 7 of their 11 wins came against teams with an overall losing record.
(y)

jjab360

Legend

Overrated is not the same thing as sucking.

Athos

Legend

Somewhat incorrect. They currently don't have the Thomas "brothers" on roster really. Both are UFA if I remember correctly, so they'd have to retain both to keep that label. They'll prolly wanna get paid.

Anyway, DEN's D kinda sucks honestly imo.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Denver looked way better before STL punch them in the mouth and exposed their weaknesses.

Yup, pretty much this. They weren't the same offensive juggernaut after the Rams game.

I also think Peyton needs to lighten up a bit during games.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Yup, pretty much this. They weren't the same offensive juggernaut after the Rams game.

I also think Peyton needs to lighten up a bit during games.
This is usually what happens! One team in the NFL exposes a Teams weaknesses, and the rest of that teams opponents see it and Finish them Off the rest of the Season!! I've seen it time and time again over the last 60+ years!!!