Peyton Manning explains the meaning of "Omaha"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/r...-explains-the-true-meaning-of-his-omaha-call/

Now that Tom Brady's missing Super Bowl jersey has been found , the greatest mystery in pro football involves Peyton Manning and the true meaning of his "Omaha" call.

Over the past few years, several players have tried to explain mysterious audible call. Eli Manning was asked about it once, Aaron Rodgers tried to explain it once and at one point, we even had one of Manning's old teammates, Reggie Wayne, try to break down the meaning of Omaha.

Of course, there's nothing like hearing it from the horse's mouth, and now that Manning's retired, it appears that he's now willing to talk about the meaning of his favorite word.

peytonmanning2717.jpg

Peyton Manning finally shared his biggest secret: The meaning of Omaha. USATSI

During an appearance at the Adobe Summit in late March, Manning was asked what "Omaha" meant, and surprisingly, he actually answered the question.

"Omaha was just a indicator word," Manning explained from the Las Vegas event. "It was a trigger word that meant we had changed the play, there was low time on the clock and the ball needed to be snapped right now to kind of let my offensive lineman know that 'Hey, we'd gone to Plan B, there's low time on the clock.' It's a rhythmic three-syllable word, 'O-ma-ha, set hut.'"

Boom. Mystery solved.

Also, it's probably worth noting that this explanation was way better than the last one he gave. Back in January 2014, Manning joked that the call meant different things based on things like what color jersey the Broncos were wearing.

"Omaha is a run play, but it could be a pass play or a play-action pass depending on a couple things: the wind, which way we're going, the quarter and the jerseys that we're wearing," Manning said at the time.

After the audible call got huge, Manning says that people actually offered him money to use a different word instead of Omaha.

"I can't tell you how many solicitations I used to get for alternate words," Manning said at the Adobe event. "People would write me letters."

At the event, Manning also revealed that he has no interest in politics, doesn't want to be president of the United States and would prefer not to ever be the head football coach at the University of Tennessee.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
:sleepz: last two weeks before the draft. Get ready for more inane posts like this.:thinking::baghead:

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Hope Goff could be as knowledgable like Manning, dude is extremely smart and had ways to change up a game with simplicity.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Omaha. Omaha. Does anyone see my posts? Omaha. I'm just checking. Omaha. Omaha...

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Omaha stands for:
Offense
Make
A
Hastily
Audible

Or simply Offense MAke HAste.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
This thread can be inspiring because now McVay can devise a plan with his coaching staff to use this type of KISS method to insure time management fluidity on the field.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
All this time I thought in SB48 against Seattle he was saying "ohmaa" "ohmaa"!! Damn TV speakers!!

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Now if they could only unlock the mystery of Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster the trifecta will be complete! :D

Just kidding it was worth a read for sure.

I live on the shores of Loch Ness and there is nothing here except tourists. It's a gorgeous part of the world though so definitely worth a visit. I'll buy you a whisky.

CanRamFan

Starter
Name
Joe
I live on the shores of Loch Ness and there is nothing here except tourists. It's a gorgeous part of the world though so definitely worth a visit. I'll buy you a whisky.

I'd love to visit Scotland and enhance my whiskey collection. What's you favorite whisky ? I'm loving my bottle of 18 year old Dalmore right now and just waiting for a special occasion to crack my Old Pulteney 21 year old.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I'd love to visit Scotland and enhance my whiskey collection. What's you favorite whisky ? I'm loving my bottle of 18 year old Dalmore right now and just waiting for a special occasion to crack my Old Pulteney 21 year old.

YES! Dalmore is the best. It's the closest distillery to where I grew up. I'm also loving a Balvenie Carribean Cask at the moment (aged in old rum barrels... yeah. Is as good as it sounds).