Peter Schrager Wants to see Goff vs Raiders

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I actually like Schrager. And he makes valid points. What I didn't like:

A) Do a little research. It's been known for weeks now, how McVay intends on using Goff in the preseason

B) He stated Goff played against the backup cowboys. That's mostly bullshit. We sat most of our defense and they sat most of their offense. That was mainly the cowboys starting defense.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know...I thought the comments were mostly fair. I too will be watching intently to see what Goff does under real pressure from elite non-Ram DLinemen. With all of the weapons available that he now has, he should beat this base defense more often than not. Burleson wasn't wrong to say there are no more excuses for Goff....Goff will start to reveal who is in a big way in this game...
Franchise QB or poser?

nighttrain

Legend
I actually like Schrager. And he makes valid points. What I didn't like:

A) Do a little research. It's been known for weeks now, how McVay intends on using Goff in the preseason

B) He stated Goff played against the backup cowboys. That's mostly bullcrap. We sat most of our defense and they sat most of their offense. That was mainly the cowboys starting defense.
^
what i was talking about!

train

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
I don't know...I thought the comments were mostly fair. I too will be watching intently to see what Goff does under real pressure from elite non-Ram DLinemen. With all of the weapons available that he now has, he should beat this base defense more often than not. Burleson wasn't wrong to say there are no more excuses for Goff....Goff will start to reveal who is in a big way in this game...
Franchise QB or poser?

Problem is if he plays good it won't be good enough and if he plays bad its I told you so.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Problem is if he plays good it won't be good enough and if he plays bad its I told you so.
I am not looking for their approval. I know good when I see it, and right now I need to see if Goff is a QB with good vision, intelligence, accuracy, and a killer's instinct. He needs to not telegraph his throws and go beyond one option before passing, which in the limited start this last week did not show. It's difficult to hide during a whole quarter if he is not THAT guy. HE HAS TO FREAKIN DO IT! We all want him to, well.. except maybe KOWALSKI

Ramfansince79

Rookie
Name
Ramsfan79
I couldn't care less what that fat fuck thinks. I don't understand why he's on the morning NFL show (which is a pretty good watch aside from him).

Seems like Burlseon would love to smack him

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I think this IS Goff's most important game of his life....Very easy defense...and McVay's offense...Time to shine.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
IT'S not About GOFF !! IT'S About The Rams & how they look as a team !!

There are lots of questions!!

I'm just excited to see The Rams Freaking Play & Play Well !!!

Is Gurley going to bust a run for more than 10 yards ??

How will Sammy look in Horns !!

First time watching Reynolds !!

Joyner playing FS , more than a handful of plays

Who starts at CB if Webster is out ?

How much improved will Jamon Brown be ?

There are so many cool questions

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
right now I need to see if Goff is a QB with good vision, intelligence, accuracy, and a killer's instinct.
That's the one thing that's been lacking around here for a while. Bradford had the other three, but the lack of the last one will always keep him 2nd tier. Keenum was a pretty all-around shitty QB, but he was absolutely fearless - which is why I kind of rallied behind him. Pop Keenum's heart out of his chest and transplant it into Bradford's body, and you really got somethin' there.

fearsomefour

Legend
Franchise QB or poser?
It's the second preseason of the second season for a 23 year old (I think) QB.
There will be bumps and ups and downs and things to work on. Things like seemlessly going through reads, presnap reads and even looking guys off consistently takes time.
It's not a 8 or 10 or even 30 game fix. Consistent progress is what I want to see. Consistent doesn't mean fast necessarily either. It takes time.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
That's the one thing that's been lacking around here for a while. Bradford had the other three, but the lack of the last one will always keep him 2nd tier. Keenum was a pretty all-around crappy QB, but he was absolutely fearless - which is why I kind of rallied behind him. Pop Keenum's heart out of his chest and transplant it into Bradford's body, and you really got somethin' there.
On the same page. Yet again. You're my brutha from a different mutha.....
download (2).jpg

Last edited:

nighttrain

Legend
There will be bumps and ups and downs and things to work on. Things like seemlessly going through reads, presnap reads and even looking guys off consistently takes time.
It's not a 8 or 10 or even 30 game fix. Consistent progress is what I want to see. Consistent doesn't mean fast necessarily either. It takes time.
22 yrs old

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
"The best competitor on the field has got to be your QB. By far he's got to be your top notch competitor."
- Mike Martz

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Watching next game. Eagles and Bills D look good, O not so much. Wentz has great targets a bit of time, thought he could have done better.

Eagles D legit. Not much time for Taylor.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am not looking for their approval. I know good when I see it, and right now I need to see if Goff is a QB with good vision, intelligence, accuracy, and a killer's instinct. He needs to not telegraph his throws and go beyond one option before passing, which in the limited start this last week did not show. It's difficult to hide during a whole quarter if he is not THAT guy. HE HAS TO FREAKIN DO IT! We all want him to, well.. except maybe KOWALSKI

I can't really agree with this. Goff can't prove anything with four passes, but he went beyond his first option on at least one of the passes.

I couldn't care less what that fat freak thinks. I don't understand why he's on the morning NFL show (which is a pretty good watch aside from him).

Seems like Burlseon would love to smack him

Schrager hasn't seemed bad to me. Admittedly, though, I didn't watch the video in this thread.

I think this IS Goff's most important game of his life....Very easy defense...and McVay's offense...Time to shine.

It's a preseason game, Champ. He's going to play 16 more important games this year (hopefully).

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's the one thing that's been lacking around here for a while. Bradford had the other three, but the lack of the last one will always keep him 2nd tier. Keenum was a pretty all-around crappy QB, but he was absolutely fearless - which is why I kind of rallied behind him. Pop Keenum's heart out of his chest and transplant it into Bradford's body, and you really got somethin' there.
Yes, I was thinking of Bradford when I said that....(good to see you)

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am not expecting perfection from Goff, but he should show that he has those qualities I mentioned earlier, right now. You can't find a killer's instinct simply by playing more games. Accuracy is also something a QB has, or he doesn't under pressure. The ability NOT to telegraph throws is maybe something that can be worked on (I hope) Going through reads should happen right now. I don't expect perfection in this, but vision for the field under pressure, is something franchise QB's do. We should see his capacity to do these things right now, in my opinion.