Peter Schrager interview of Les Snead

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Really great perspectives in that interview. I'll still say that Snead is very difficult to listen to. Glad he's in our front office though.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Les is a character. I always enjoy his interviews though, because unlike McVay he'll let shit slip at times.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Les was certainly truthful in his willingness to lie for AD. I thought of it immediately when remembering a fairly recent question and answer session as to where AD was and he said something like "AD's getting in shape like he always does in his own way." Both he and Sean certainly knew at that point that Donald was retiring.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Les was certainly truthful in his willingness to lie for AD. I thought of it immediately when remembering a fairly recent question and answer session as to where AD was and he said something like "AD's getting in shape like he always does in his own way." Both he and Sean certainly knew at that point that Donald was retiring.
Yep, the games they have to play.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
This was what I was talking about in another thread. I shared that draft on that thread and it was amazing. It's worth a look back. And we got Greg Robinson. Please don't draft a OL in the 1st this year Rams. I'm not quite over that one. What would we have become with just about anybody in that draft other than G ROB? Possibilities galore.

Last edited:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
That's it. AD comes back for the playoffs and gets to run the ball!!!!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jwEQXv_x8w

I didnt see this on here yet.
Very good interview, all about AD.
Sounds like AD let the Rams know he was going to retire after the playoff loss to Detroit.

Thank you Ram Ball - you know I had the honor to watch him work each year in the Bull Ring & before when The Rams didn’t have all the tents at UCI during training camps.
—He did sit out a couple of them as well,but being able to watch him drill & work the Sleds was special .I wonder how it will look in 2024 without him.I will say M. Brockers & Morgan Fox showed leadership,but AD99 was always the first in line to show the way when he was in Camp.

—Les Snead is always good telling a story. Thanks again for sharing.Hard for me to look back at AD99 only because I like watching the young players coming up & now how AD99’s Legacy effects those players.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you Ram Ball - you know I had the honor to watch him work each year in the Bull Ring & before when The Rams didn’t have all the tents at UCI during training camps.
—He did sit out a couple of them as well,but being able to watch him drill & work the Sleds was special .I wonder how it will look in 2024 without him.I will say M. Brockers & Morgan Fox showed leadership,but AD99 was always the first in line to show the way when he was in Camp.

—Les Snead is always good telling a story. Thanks again for sharing.Hard for me to look back at AD99 only because I like watching the young players coming up & now how AD99’s Legacy effects those players.
AD was fun to watch blow up plays in TC. And as you said he was always showing how the drills should be done. But nobody could do the things AD did with his combination of speed and power.

I liked how Les said the best thing to happen to McVay was AD missing OTAs and TC in 2017. It allowed McVay to install his offense.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
That's it. AD comes back for the playoffs and gets to run the ball!!!!

AD was fun to watch blow up plays in TC. And as you said he was always showing how the drills should be done. But nobody could do the things AD did with his combination of speed and power.

I liked how Les said the best thing to happen to McVay was AD missing OTAs and TC in 2017. It allowed McVay to install his offense.
I believe he let AD99 have a lot of extra time off as well.Letting him stay in Pittsburg.Les said something about his family & what that means to him.
—He used his oldest son’s names as Eric,which is someone we as Ram Fans have never really seen ? At least I haven’t but know he’s a family guy & keeps things private.
—WOW - never wanted to believe this was going to be how he retired.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

That's the exact same thing Todd Gurley said during training camp. They were recording on the sideline and Gurley was speaking to the other players. He said he likes it when AD isn't there as they can run the offense for a change.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Good interview; and, of course, Donald was an all-time-great.

Unfortunately, the story about the One-Arm third-and-one run-stop in the Super Bowl is simply not accurate.

Not Completely.

Donald was blocked; and did reach-out to tackle Perine with one-arm to force the fourth down.
However, Gaines was to Donald's right; and was also blocked. Gaines ALSO reached-out with his one free arm.
The two Rams' linemen each grabbed Perine at the same time, and took him down.

There is an angle from behind the quarterback that clearly reflects this but it is rarely the clip shown.

Perine was tackled with two arms ... one by Donald ... one by Gaines.

Facts are Facts; and Truth is Truth ... Although those two things often don't seem to mean a Damn.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
What a great interview. Still sad he's retiring but man were we lucky to have such an amazing talent on our team.
GOAT

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Unfortunately, the story about the One-Arm third-and-one run-stop in the Super Bowl is simply not accurate.

Not Completely.

Donald was blocked; and did reach-out to tackle Perine with one-arm to force the fourth down.
However, Gaines was to Donald's right; and was also blocked. Gaines ALSO reached-out with his one free arm.

There is an angle from behind the quarterback that clearly reflects this but it is rarely the clip shown.

Facts are Facts; and Truth is Truth ... Although those two things often don't seem to mean a Damn.
Gaines homer!

dang

Legend

Not Completely.

Gaines was the real Super Bowl MVP!!

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I wish the Rams had retained Greg Gaines; and ...

As the President, CEO, Master-At-Arms and Head Cheer-Leader of the Greg Gaines Fan Club ... FUCK You Guys!