Peter King: Rams to Use 7 Man D-Line Rotation --Audio

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Peter King talks Rams with 920AM. Fisher told King that the Rams would use a 7 man rotation on the D-Line, with 6 players getting about equal amount of reps, and Quinn getting more than anyone. Gregg Williams feels like he woke up on Christmas with an incredible present under the tree: Aaron Donald. They’re also really happy with Joyner due to his ability to play nickel CB, which he played the majority of the time at Florida State. 58% of the Rams defensive snaps were with 3 CB’s on the field. They’re really happy with Kenny Britt so far, both on and off the field. King says there’s nothing left to be said about Bradford, he just has to do it on the field this year. He goes on to talk about the situation in LA.

Listen to Peter King Talk Rams
Rams Talks Starts at 24:30

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Peter King talks Rams with 920AM. Fisher told King that the Rams would use a 7 man rotation on the D-Line, with 6 players getting about equal amount of reps, and Quinn getting more than anyone.
Is it the below seven?
Quinn- Long- Sims- Hayes- Langford- Brockers- Donald

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Is it the below seven?
Quinn- Long- Sims- Hayes- Langford- Brockers- Donald

100% certain that's the seven. Wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being eight with Carrington getting more snaps though.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I think Carrington may be the 7th and Sims the 8th as Sims tends to spell Quinn.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
here is 2013
upload_2014-8-6_20-28-57.png

here is 2012
upload_2014-8-6_20-30-0.png

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Why would Donald, Long, and Brockers play the same number of downs as the others? That makes absolutely no sense.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Why would Donald, Long, and Brockers play the same number of downs as the others? That makes absolutely no sense.
Do not question the Fish, for you will suffer his wrath.

wrijy1qnsby1dzifg.jpg

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Quinn Sucks!

I wish we could get a defensive line that's worth a crap

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I remember in the mid-90's, Kentucky basketball used a ridiculous number in rotation, 10 players. They would wear the other teams down by constantly putting fresh bodies on the floor, and even if your starting five were better than their starting five, their second five was always better than that of the opposition.

The Rams DL is in a similar position, only deeper. Our first 4 on the DL will have an advantage over the OL of most teams, and even our next 4 will match up well. We should be able to keep our DL fresh well into the 4th quarter, and that will only make them more effective as the game wears on.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
We should be able to keep our DL fresh well into the 4th quarter, and that will only make them more effective as the game wears on.

I think that's the most underrated part of our dline. The talent to bring the heat is exceptional, but so is the depth.

This unit is going to wear teams out!

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I think that's the most underrated part of our dline. The talent to bring the heat is exceptional, but so is the depth.

This unit is going to wear teams out!

No kidding. Can you imagine being an OL in the 4th quarter, thinking you got a break because Langford needs a breather only to see Donald come in to take his place? I almost feel sorry for an OL in that situation ... almost :D

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
No kidding. Can you imagine being an OL in the 4th quarter, thinking you got a break because Langford needs a breather only to see Donald come in to take his place? I almost feel sorry for an OL in that situation ... almost :D

(y)

I know. These olinemen play the whole game... We just rotate in fresh bodies to kick their tired asses!

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
It's not just the quality of the 7. The madman running the D will come up with combo's and schemes to get the max effect from them.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
There was a line in that interview that stuck with me,it was during the conversation about the meaning the Cardinals and other teams like the Packers hold for the cities they represent ,just a short little comment that, Stan Kroenke WANTS the Rams to (and I interpret he intends to do what it takes) mean to St.Loius something very similar to what the Cards do.

IOW his goals are not just profit but pride as well, it fallls right in line with all I've thought he was after ,if he brings a Super Bowl to the Lou, he will be canonized.