Peter King: Rams One of the Mystery Teams This Year

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Watch Rams reporter Dani Klupenger talk with Sports Illustrated’s Peter King about the Rams practice with the Cowboys. King is a fan of Nick Foles at QB for the Rams, plus he thinks the Rams could go in a bunch of different directions making them one of the most interesting teams for 2015.

Watch Peter King Talk Rams

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
SI's Peter King likes Foles for Rams' Offense
By Myles Simmons

View: http://www.stlouisrams.com/news-and-events/article-1/SIs-Peter-King-likes-Foles-for-Rams-Offense/d23d3743-8706-42e3-98d4-62a2873cdd7a

OXNARD, Calif. -- When you think of the most widely respected NFL reporters, Peter King of Sports Illustrated’s The MMQB is right at the top of the list.

And yesterday, the longtime football columnist had some words of praise for new Rams quarterback Nick Foles.

“I’ve always been high on Foles,” King said in an interview with stlouisrams.com. “Nick Foles is a guy who knows when to push the envelope, but he’s not one of the guys who will make the dumb throw that leads to the interception.”

While King called Foles’ first year as a starter in Philadelphia “magical” based on his 27 touchdowns to only two interceptions, the columnist added the quarterback’s demeanor has likely endeared him to head coach Jeff Fisher and general manager Les Snead.

“I think one of the reasons why Jeff Fisher, Les Snead, why they really like him a lot, is his attitude is, ‘You just tell me what the offense is, and I’m going to do it,’” King said.

King added an intriguing comparison to a Super Bowl winning quarterback.

“He reminds me a lot of Phil Simms in that regard,” King said. “When Simms played for the Giants, he wouldn’t care whether Bill Parcells told him to throw for 4,000 or whether he was going to throw for 2,500. Whatever it took. And I think that’s Foles’ attitude.”

Ramfreak

UDFA
Name
Ramfreak
The mystery is this. Is Fisher capable of coaching at an elite level each and every game to help this team achieve an elite status?
Everything else falls in place if Fisher is capable. Belichick, Parcells, Noll, Landry, and Walsh had it. Fisher will show us this year whether he has IT or not. Let's hope so but its not like he doesn't have a long tenure in the NFL already.