Peter King: Rams fans might surprise the league

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
That's fair, I will try not to get worked up about random indirect quotes as long as they don't directly call out the STL fans. And I didn't feel like you were singling anyone out I just wanted to be clear to people here that I am in no way against LA or its fans even though I know I've had a few rants over the last 8 months about this whole move thing and ownership. I'm actually feeling a little less jaded as each game passes by and actual football is played again. It won't go away completely but manageable tolerance is slowly creeping in lol.
Yeah - I get it. I'm not thinking fans from the Lou should just get over it all. I know it took me a long time back in the 90's. It is a hard pill to swallow.

It's just that my hope is that we're all here because we are Rams fans. I haven't lived in LA for 40 years. This board was started by a guy (-X-) living in Florida at the time. I have met some pretty great fans from this board and done tequila shots with most of them. I've had a few of them in my restaurant and pub. Where they are from means pretty much nothing to me. Well except for @Selassie I cuz he has a cool boat in FL. :D

My hope is that Stl fans for the most part can eventually get past it. If they don't, I still can't blame them and I don't think it is anyone else's place to blame them either. But where I have the problem is when threads re-route to the Stl vs LA eye rolling blah blah blah. Oh well. Dead horse well beaten - eh?

I appreciate what you said here. Cheers to you and GO RAMS!!!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I can get any game I want on TV or through streaming and yet I flew to St Louis for a game and scheduled my vacation around the Tampa game the year before. I generally go up to Seattle to watch the game there with several other Rams fans and those tickets are not cheap - not to mention the travel and food expense. My sons attended their first game last season and absolutely can't wait to go to their next. They figure they will pay $250 or so for a decent ticket and still plan on going to at least one game even though we live nowhere near LA and they haven't been alive long enough to remember the LA Rams.

In most ways, watching the game on my HD screen is way better. But you simply can't replace the game day experience.

250 for a "decent" ticket??? What??? No way, scalpers baby, trust me that's the way to go.........and I can assure you that probably 25% of the season tickets got purchased by online sellers and a ton of those are going to be on the streets around the stadium on game day.

Now if you are a big fraidycat and buy online yeah you may pay well over face value but that's just silly to do.

I can show up in any market and get primo seats for less than fadce value

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I will say that though the turnout was extremely meager at the opening game last season, those that were there rocked the house.

Need to see some proof of that, (like a photo or something)...

...oh, wait.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
250 for a "decent" ticket??? What??? No way, scalpers baby, trust me that's the way to go.........and I can assure you that probably 25% of the season tickets got purchased by online sellers and a ton of those are going to be on the streets around the stadium on game day.

Now if you are a big fraidycat and buy online yeah you may pay well over face value but that's just silly to do.

I can show up in any market and get primo seats for less than fadce value
I've known people (not dumbasses either) who paid for fake tickets from scalpers. I tend to want to have my tickets before I hop on the plane.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I've known people (not dumbasses either) who paid for fake tickets from scalpers. I tend to want to have my tickets before I hop on the plane.

Cuz yer a fraidycat. I've got to STL many times without tickets..........hotel and air paid for.

I've never had a fake ticket..........and I am a dumbass.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Nothing matters except winning. Period. No team in any sport is immune to that fact. If a team puts up losing seasons fans will stay home, the stadium doesn't matter and in the case of some of the more expensive stadiums it will be an additional obstacle since the cost to go will be so high.

The 49ers are a good example of that. IIRC they have the highest cost to attend a game since they opened their new stadium. When they were winning it was sold out, but there were a lot of empty seats last year after an 8-8 season in 2014 and last years 5-11. A new fancy yet expensive stadium won't bring in fans. Only winning does that.

Kroenke is far from an excellent sports owner and in fact has a pretty spotty history..........

I get what your saying. As a long time Rams fan. I don't see that happening.

I think The Rams franchise is looking better than I have ever seen it.
Stan & Snead are not going play that York & Balky BS.
It was The old vets that just left. Same as The demise of The Rams. Bad ownership effects a franchise moe when lossing. Fans will protest.

Long time Ram fans have stayed loyal !!
Stan is a solid owner.. He will be a big face of this franchise. I see greatness ?