Peter King: Player You Need To Know This Weekend - Austin Davis

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://mmqb.si.com/2014/10/24/nfl-week-8-preview-london-morning-game/2/

PLAYER YOU NEED TO KNOW THIS WEEKEND

Austin Davis, quarterback, St. Louis (number 9). As Davis leads the Rams into Arrowhead Stadium for a rare cross-state game with the cross-conference Chiefs, I don’t think the road will intimidate or affect him much. In two road starts in his young and stunningly good NFL career, he’s been a revelation: 65 percent completions, three touchdowns, no interceptions, 7.78 yards per attempt.

Davis is getting more confident as the weeks go by. He was in total control against the Seahawks last week, completing 17 of 20 and taking no sacks in St. Louis’ upset win. To beat the Chiefs, though, I think he’s going to have take a few chances downfield against a secondary that’s had a few plays made against it. Kansas City’s defense has only three interceptions and surrendered a passer rating of 94.8 to opposing quarterbacks.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Trouble is the Chiefs have an excellent pass rush and our deeper routes take too long to develop. This is the game to run the ball to set up the pass. Run run run and then sneak in a long pass. Put Tavon on the outside and let him go deep like the Colts game last year. They need the speed with that K.C pass rush. But mostly run mason to the edge and pound Stacy up the middle. They cannot allow the K.C. Dline to pin their ears back.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Get that from Davis and we win imo.

Agree, if he has a good game the team wins unless the effing defense hands over another one. The Chiefs don't give up a lot of points so he will need to get some scores.

Davis should be 4-2 as a starter but this defense keeps snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Trouble is the Chiefs have an excellent pass rush and our deeper routes take too long to develop. This is the game to run the ball to set up the pass. Run run run and then sneak in a long pass. Put Tavon on the outside and let him go deep like the Colts game last year. They need the speed with that K.C pass rush. But mostly run mason to the edge and pound Stacy up the middle. They cannot allow the K.C. Dline to pin their ears back.

Yup they need to get a lead and run draws and screens to slow down the Chefs. Unleash Austin and Austin then hammer their poor run defense into the turf.

V3

Hall of Fame
Get that from Davis and we win imo.
Depends on which Rams defense shows up. Davis had better than that against Dallas and Philly, yet the Rams still lost. I think our D line is playing better now but I still worry about our LB's and I think they'll be key against Charles, a mobile QB, and the dink and dunk.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
I wouldn't mind this being a game where Tavon Austin helps pad Davis's stats by showing why he was a 1st round pick.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
http://mmqb.si.com/2014/10/24/nfl-week-8-preview-london-morning-game/2/

PLAYER YOU NEED TO KNOW THIS WEEKEND

Austin Davis, quarterback, St. Louis (number 9). As Davis leads the Rams into Arrowhead Stadium for a rare cross-state game with the cross-conference Chiefs, I don’t think the road will intimidate or affect him much. In two road starts in his young and stunningly good NFL career, he’s been a revelation: 65 percent completions, three touchdowns, no interceptions, 7.78 yards per attempt.

Davis is getting more confident as the weeks go by. He was in total control against the Seahawks last week, completing 17 of 20 and taking no sacks in St. Louis’ upset win. To beat the Chiefs, though, I think he’s going to have take a few chances downfield against a secondary that’s had a few plays made against it. Kansas City’s defense has only three interceptions and surrendered a passer rating of 94.8 to opposing quarterbacks.
Given these facts, as presented by Mr. King, and I do believe this week our D will 'Come out of it's Shell', I think our chance are Really good this week! The Chief's are NOT anywhere near the Team the SeaHags have!! And I think, when it's all over, Davis's Arm will make the difference!! (y)

Depends on which Rams defense shows up. Davis had better than that against Dallas and Philly, yet the Rams still lost. I think our D line is playing better now but I still worry about our LB's and I think they'll be key against Charles, a mobile QB, and the dink and dunk.

I'm hoping Sunday was a kick up the ass for Ogletree, he's got the ability if he plays up to it everything will be OK (please let everything be OK :unsure:)

I'm hoping Sunday was a kick up the ass for Ogletree, he's got the ability if he plays up to it everything will be OK (please let everything be OK :unsure:)

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
All of the publicity Davis has been getting lately has me worried. Anytime things go well for the Rams something happens. With our luck he will throw 5 ints and get hurt now.