Peter King - Open mouth insert foot yet again...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RFIP

@SI_PeterKing: Apologies, Devon Still. I called him "wasted pick" after Bengals cut him. Unaware of real-life situation, w/daughter battling cancer. Sorry.

@SI_PeterKing: I wish @Dev_Still71 and his 4-year-old daughter the best. He's got life in the proper perspective. I should have done my research better.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
@SI_PeterKing: Apologies, Devon Still. I called him "wasted pick" after Bengals cut him. Unaware of real-life situation, w/daughter battling cancer. Sorry.

@SI_PeterKing: I wish @Dev_Still71 and his 4-year-old daughter the best. He's got life in the proper perspective. I should have done my research better.

Why the bile man? he admitted his mistake ,I gotta respect the guy for making a point of sayin' so

Alan

Legend
I fail to see how he inserted his foot again. Seemed like a good apology to me.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
Peter King needs to go away. He such a terrible NFL coverage media guy. He never did the research..typical of media.

Alan

Legend
GreeneCounty with unreal expectations:
Peter King needs to go away. He such a terrible NFL coverage media guy. He never did the research..typical of media.
Let's see, 32 teams with 90 players each = 2,880 players. How many players would you expect this guy to be up to speed on concerning their private lives during the preseason? 32 teams with 53 + 10 players = 2016 players. Should he be using his army of researchers to keep up with the private lives of all these players or just the top 1000 or so?

King looked at where the guy was drafted and made an appropriate comment about him. After learning about some mitigating circumstances he apologized. Nothing to see here IMO.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Why the bile man? he admitted his mistake ,I gotta respect the guy for making a point of sayin' so

Misunderstanding maybe? Title was just pointing out that he made a mistake, this the apology?

I ripped King on the mmqb thread for calling Still a wasted pick without knowing the details. I am glad made good.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Let's see, 32 teams with 90 players each = 2,880 players. How many players would you expect this guy to be up to speed on concerning their private lives during the preseason? 32 teams with 53 + 10 players = 2016 players. Should he be using his army of researchers to keep up with the private lives of all these players or just the top 1000 or so?

King looked at where the guy was drafted and made an appropriate comment about him. After learning about some mitigating circumstances he apologized. Nothing to see here IMO.

I thought Stills situation was well known and has been reported on more than one occasion. Plus the Bengals have a good team "another wasted pick" implies the suck at drafting players.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

doughboy isn't gonna vote for kurt to get into the hall because he has a donut hole in the middle of his career. just stick to donuts doughboy and leave voting for the hall to professionals like bernie.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
It was PARTICULARLY classy that the Bengals put him on the practice squad so that Devon Stills would still have insurance. They could have just cut him lose and called it a "football decision".

See Pete Carroll if you need clarification on how that's done...

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Peter King is far from the worst NFL analyst. I actually like him but that's because he covers teams other than New England, Dallas, New York, and San Francisco.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Peter King is far from the worst NFL analyst. I actually like him but that's because he covers teams other than New England, Dallas, New York, and San Francisco.
Yeah I have profound differences with him on some issues, but he's one of the better writers despite how I like/dislike his content .

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Probably, because like King said himself, he should have done some damn research before opening his mouth. 5 seconds is all it takes to keep yourself from looking like an asshole. The apology is nice, but it still shows King didn't do his research and threw out whatever came to him, not good for a journalist.

Athos

Legend
After SI harped on Josina Anderson for her moronic diarrhea of the mouth, you'd think he might do some actual research before vomiting at the mouth himself.

At least he offered a real apology though, unlike her.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Probably, because like King said himself, he should have done some damn research before opening his mouth. 5 seconds is all it takes to keep yourself from looking like an arsehole. The apology is nice, but it still shows King didn't do his research and threw out whatever came to him, not good for a journalist.

Yeah maybe

Irish

Starter
King is an idiot, Miklasz doesn't know anything, Wagoner hates the Rams, Florio sucks, Silver is a hater, Barnwell is inane, the entirety of Deadspin, Grantland, and Bleacher Report can suck it...

I am sensing a pattern of late

***edit*** Sorry, forgot: Schefter is a blowhard

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
King is an idiot, Miklasz doesn't know anything, Wagoner hates the Rams, Florio sucks, Silver is a hater, Barnwell is inane, the entirety of Deadspin, Grantland, and Bleacher Report can suck it...

I am sensing a pattern of late

***edit*** Sorry, forgot: Schefter is a blowhard

That nobody likes the media? :LOL: