Peter King on the Rams (101ESPN)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[rp3]http://icestream.dev-cms.com:8000/stl/2012/08/08172012114811.mp3[/rp3]
http://www.101sports.com/templates/audi ... e=s&a=9256

Notes (loosely transcribed)

Your general impression
Uh, Bernie, uh, first of all, it's quite possibly the youngest team I've ever seen a training camp in the NFL. They could have 32 guys on their final 53 who are 25 or younger. This team has a good chance to be the youngest, maybe, that I've ever seen.

How many wins?
If SB plays 16 games, and plays the way he did as a rookie, they'll win a few games. I dunno. 4-5-6? I dunno. The good thing is, they have the most talented QB in the division. The bad thing is, every other team in the division is ready to win now. The defenses in SEA, AZ, SF are ALL significantly better than the defense the Rams have today. I think they're behind the 8-ball as far as winning on opening day.

I know the fans are sick of it, but the fact is, if you tear it up and you try to build it all up over again, you have to go in with a plan, and you have to say, "Hey, I'm sorry, we're not gonna be great this year. But the only chance we have to be good over the long haul is to tear it down and build it up the way we think it should be built, and that's the way Snead and Fisher are doing it.

Tell people (fans) why they should have faith that Snead & Fisher will be the ones to get this done.
The only reason is because they have done it before. Snead has learned in a good, good scouting environment. He learned from Dimitroff, who I believe is a really, really good scout. And obviously, they've learned together that the best way to do this thing is to do it with your own core beliefs. And your own core beliefs is what you have to have in order to succeed in anything. I just know this. Yesterday I spent 45 minutes with Fisher, and I expected him to roll his eyes a bunch about the questions, but Fisher is really excited because he's never had the opportunity to build a team from scratch the way he's wanted to do. There's cap room, some high draft choices, and the opportunity to build it in his own way. Will they make the right picks? Will everyone stay healthy? Nobody knows. But both of these guys are smart football guys.

Other stuff about Bradford, Steven Jackson, Jason Smith, Jeff Fisher, Pead, etc.