Peter King on Sam's chance to make squad

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RFIP

@SI_PeterKing: Rams have 5 more cuts to make. Michael Sam is on the 58-man roster at this hour. Club has till 3 pm CT Saturday to get to 53.

@SI_PeterKing: Ethan Westbrooks still a Ram. Will make final 53. Question is whether Rams keep a 10th DL. Tough call. If not, practice squad poss for Sam.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I'd love to keep both Sam and Westbrooks. Both are too talented to let go, Westbrooks especially. But I've actually grown to really like Sam the more I've learned about him, and after seeing him play there's no doubt in my mind he can be a successful NFL player. Don't want to let such a good player walk. Not sure how feasible it is, but both guys should be Rams.

Mick

Pro Bowler
yeah...no way he gets to the PS...he has shown he can play at this level. Much respect for him going out and getting it done.

RFIP

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rivers walked last year, and the dude who plays for Dallas now too who's name escapes me.

Sam walking will be but a blip on the radar in 1 month.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Rivers walked last year, and the dude who plays for Dallas now too who's name escapes me.

George Selvie. I liked him as rookie, too. I preferred him to Sims, but I was wrong there. Sims has been good backup.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
they keep saying they have 5 to go,, its actually 4 since Bailey will go on the Suspended list.

RFIP

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
George Selvie. I liked him as rookie, too. I preferred him to Sims, but I was wrong there. Sims has been good backup.

That's him.

My point remains though, this is much to do about nothing, except social issues of course.

CoachO

Hall of Fame

and Rivers was just cut by Jacksonville today...

jjab360

Legend
That's him.

My point remains though, this is much to do about nothing, except social issues of course.
Well, these are guys' livelihoods, dreams, and years of hard work we're talking about here, and ultimately our depth and level of talent in the near and distant future. So I think it's pretty far from nothing.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Yep heard that too.

My bet is Fisher has grown weary of the whole Sam side show and he gets cut.
not sure what side show you are referring to,,, its the media who keeps bringing crap up, and once next week rolls around, most will die down. Whether he makes the roster or not, he is not likely to be on the 45 man game day roster, so it will just be about another guy on the team. If he is cut, I doubt seriously, it will because of Fisher tiring of anything the media does.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
I think it will be all about football. Noting media or social. Rams feel like Sam is a middle round draft choice they got on the 7th .. .so they value him. But the football question is how many DL do you keep? I think Fish and his staff will be totally professional about this. ESPN is the one who should have a couple of people cut.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Who underperformed? Only two I can think would be Carrington and Conrath, and that's not my analysis, I didn't watch them that close. They were often in game when Westbrooks and Sam were in and it's hard enough to watch two DEs at same time . . . I'd have to watch the games again to properly analyze Conrath and Carrington. Though I don't remember any major screw-ups by them. From a tecnique standpoint both could have done well, I just don't remember any "flash" plays by them.

RamWoodie

Legend
In my mind the wild card on Sam is Hayes...if Hayes can't go...Sam will make the team.