Peter King: MMQB - 9/1/14

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I like Peter King in general but in this case he needs to look a little further into the situation. Devon Stills 4 year old daughter was diagnosed with neuroblastoma, a form of brain cancer. He immediately was so distraught that he wanted to retire, stating that there is no way he could be playing football while she was going through what she was about to go through. I don't fault the guy.

A thing I think I think: King looks like a dick this week.

I think they added him to the practice squad. Sad to hear about his daughter tho.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
In this deeper draft, I felt they overlooked several talented players with "character issues" in the later rounds, for what seems to me, were questionable picks....I get that Reid & Westbrooks had concerns, but every other pick, it seemed we overlooked some serious talent, from bigger programs...To load up on, Van Dyke, Rhanney, Gilbert and Bryant...UDFA's usually go where they have a better chance & are comfortable. So I really can't say why the udfa's are who they are. But the 6th, an 7th rounders...all on the scouts & management.

7th rounders are crap shoots anyway. Basically they are UDFAs that cannot turn you down. Very few ever make the team. Might as well go with a small school guy that has potential and measurables, than a big school guy that had production but lacks measurables, in many cases. It is a small gamble.

BTW Rainey looked pretty good in camp from reports. Maybe when he is healed he gets resigned.