Peter King: MMQB - 5/11/15

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Not one mention of the Rams by Peter King but there was one nugget of good news about known Rams-hater Bill Simmons.

"ESPN announced last Friday it would part ways with Bill Simmons at the end of his current contract in September."
:banana: :banana: :banana:

PK spends much of his time wringing his hands over his boy Tom Brady. So if you want to read the whole article click the link below.

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/05/11/dante-fowler-jaguars-tom-brady-deflategate-nfl-peter-king/

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
So King is trying the old reliable "it wouldn't have mattered" tack.

Stay tuned for next weeks episode: "everybody cheats".

Alan

Legend
He completely ignores the vastly reduced amount of fumbles in his article. If wonder what the results would be if those fumble stats could be broken down even further by dividing the stats into home games versus away games?

In addition, it isn't as much about the actual gains that under inflating the football might give you, as it is about the perceived gains that might cause a person to cheat.

That's only some of the things I didn't like about his article. I'm not saying the article was slanted in Brady's favor but he didn't portray the whole picture IMO.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
1) Even if it didn't affect that one game - Nobody can honestly believe that was the only time it had ever happened. Believing it was the first time is legal grounds in 7 states I think for a lobotomy.

2) It wouldn't matter if it didn't make a difference - it was cheating, and Brady lied to try to cover it up. That's grounds for a harsh punishment. The league CANNOT have players lie to them during investigations. And they cannot have cheating, even if the cheating is ineffectual.

I still think he'll get 4 games, though he deserves more of course.

rking4441

Rookie
Name
Richard
I love the new line Pats/Brady apologist have come up with, he only wanted them deflated to 12.5PSI.... Um hey dummy you wouldn't need to deflate it then, tell the equipment manager to INFLATE the ball to the lowest regulation PSI and there would be nothing to talk about. No need to have press conferences where you had to tell additional lies at and more to cover up!

Last edited:

iced

it's really laughable to hear all these ignorant adherents spout this garbage

The text messages clearly show malicious intent - especially with a guy calling himself "The Deflator" (Lol love that name)...then, we have brady lying and refusing to cooperate...

I swear it's like Brady's the White OJ...

The Patriot organization reminds me of the Manson family "Everyone drink the coolaid and follow our line of bs!!"

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Well, let's dial things back a bit... OJ killed two people and the Manson family killed a number of people and terrorized a region.

Brady cheated at football.

Yeah, he sucks ass. Yeah, he's a terrible person. But it doesn't help to make the case about how much of a terrible person he is if you lump him in with Manson and OJ. Because next to them, he's a damned Boy Scout... and the last thing I want is someone putting forth the argument that nothing should happen to him "because it's not like he killed anybody..." ahem...Aaron Hernandez...

Cheating is bad enough and he's terrible enough AS A CHEATER.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
So... when are we gonna hear about the Brady NON-suspension?

It was supposed to be days, not weeks... and it's getting closer to weeks now...

I swear, I think Kraft asked Goodell what the penalty was, he was told, freaked out and now there's all sorts of back channel negotiating going on so that the league can look tough AND Kraft can look vindicated.

I mean, negotiations take TIME, man!

V3

Hall of Fame
1) Even if it didn't affect that one game - Nobody can honestly believe that was the only time it had ever happened. Believing it was the first time is legal grounds in 7 states I think for a lobotomy.

2) It wouldn't matter if it didn't make a difference - it was cheating, and Brady lied to try to cover it up. That's grounds for a harsh punishment. The league CANNOT have players lie to them during investigations. And they cannot have cheating, even if the cheating is ineffectual.

You're absolutely right it didn't happen in just that game. I have no idea why so many writers and NE fans only think it was just that one game. It's been going on for a while and all you have to do is go back ONE week to that playoff game against BAL. I think that game was decided by a field goal. You can't tell me it wouldn't have made a difference in a game that close. They could have easily lost that game and not even made it to the SB. It's not minor cheating when it could have easily decided if they won the SB this year.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Well, let's dial things back a bit... OJ killed two people and the Manson family killed a number of people and terrorized a region.

Brady cheated at football.

Yeah, he sucks ass. Yeah, he's a terrible person. But it doesn't help to make the case about how much of a terrible person he is if you lump him in with Manson and OJ. Because next to them, he's a damned Boy Scout... and the last thing I want is someone putting forth the argument that nothing should happen to him "because it's not like he killed anybody..." ahem...Aaron Hernandez...

Cheating is bad enough and he's terrible enough AS A CHEATER.
I get the comparison.
The results have vastly different outcomes. However, the arrogant, narcissistic dishonesty, is where the similarities lye.

V3

Hall of Fame
it's really laughable to hear all these ignorant adherents spout this garbage

The text messages clearly show malicious intent - especially with a guy calling himself "The Deflator" (Lol love that name)...then, we have brady lying and refusing to cooperate...

I swear it's like Brady's the White OJ...

The Patriot organization reminds me of the Manson family "Everyone drink the coolaid and follow our line of bs!!"
I'm still amazed at how well the NFL swept the taping scandal under the rug. No one even acknowledges it anymore. It's like it never happened. Damn, what I wouldn't give to have the tapes Goodell burned. NE's three other SB's shouldn't even count either.

iced

I'm still amazed at how well the NFL swept the taping scandal under the rug. No one even acknowledges it anymore. It's like it never happened. Damn, what I wouldn't give to have the tapes Goodell burned. NE's three other SB's shouldn't even count either.

they don't in my mind - and I really question how good of a QB Brady is w/ Spygate, the extra headset in his helmet and ernie adams, deflategate, etc.

I don't consider him elite, great, or even good. Just like the patriot's superbowls, he's in a little category that has an asterisk and a question mark next to it

Greg Stone

Rookie
Peter King's opinion that the football pressure didn't matter is contradicted by an expert, Tom Brady. Since Brady was willing to cheat to get under inflated footballs he obviously thought they were giving him an advantage. To think that he wasn't getting an advantage would mean that he was cheating just for the hell of it.

Also, the fact that Bellichick kneecapped the NFL on Spygate means that the current lying that Brady is doing is something the NFL cannot afford to ignore.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So... when are we gonna hear about the Brady NON-suspension?

It was supposed to be days, not weeks... and it's getting closer to weeks now...

bcnews.go.com/Sports/timetable-nfls-decision-tom-brady-deflategate-ruling/story?id=30951100

League officials told ABC News that the NFL hasn’t determined a timetable for a decision for any punishments against Brady, but many speculate an announcement could come as early as this week.

V3

Hall of Fame
they don't in my mind - and I really question how good of a QB Brady is w/ Spygate, the extra headset in his helmet and ernie adams, deflategate, etc.

I don't consider him elite, great, or even good. Just like the patriot's superbowls, he's in a little category that has an asterisk and a question mark next to it
Damn, I forgot about the extra headset. Shit the Patriots are dirty. How the F do they keep getting away with this?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

when peter king thinks of tom brady this is his fantasy

lockdnram21

Legend

Aaron Rodgers said Patriots are not the the only team that takes air out of balls

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Aaron Rodgers said Patriots are not the the only team that takes air out of balls

And the people responsible there need to be penalized also. However, at least so far THEY haven't lied to investigators about it, unlike Brady.

lockdnram21

Legend
And the people responsible there need to be penalized also. However, at least so far THEY haven't lied to investigators about it, unlike Brady.
Rodgers said a lot of teams do it. I'm not saying it was right but just saying what I remember him saying when it first came up