Pet Peeve

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tano

Legend
How many games did we play with our best 5 OL?

Unfortunately Edwards was terrible in that game

And Noteboom and Havenstein both were fairly poor

While Allen was so so

The only strong performer in that game was surprisingly Shelton

Tano

Legend
If our primary OL stayed healthy the entire year (with maybe an injury here or there), we would be at worst 8 & 4 maybe even 9-3

Buffalo - loss
Atlanta - Win
Arizona - Win
San Francisco - I think we win believe it or not
Dallas - Win (Rush was not that great in that game)
Carolina - Win
San Francisco - Loss (Morris was horrible that game)
Tampa Bay - easy win
Arizona - Win
New Orleans - Win
Kansas City - Loss
Seattle - Win

And if you think 8-4 is too high - I might go as low as 7-5 but still in the thick of games with a fairly easy 5 games remaining

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
@BrooklynRam

Time to stop calling our players "bums" and saying you "prefer truth over happy feelings". That's never what this forum has been about.

This forum was specifically made for homers, people who are shooting the shit in a bar along with their buddies, being respectful to each other and the players, coaches, and management. Yes, that is exactly what ROD came about to do. That's been the mission statement for the entire forum, to treat people the way they want to be treated - including Rams personnel. If they aren't good, leave it at that, but calling them names like "bums", "stiffs", etc. has never been allowed.

Honestly, I think a lot of us (and I include myself in that statement; fate knows I haven't been perfect) have forgotten that. It's been a bad year, but that doesn't mean that we should forget about just relaxing at a bar, shooting the shit, being respectful to one another, as well as the team.

If I'm out of line, mods, please tell me, and I'll apologize.

BrooklynRam

Rookie
@BrooklynRam

Time to stop calling our players "bums" and saying you "prefer truth over happy feelings". That's never what this forum has been about.

This forum was specifically made for homers, people who are shooting the shit in a bar along with their buddies, being respectful to each other and the players, coaches, and management. Yes, that is exactly what ROD came about to do. That's been the mission statement for the entire forum, to treat people the way they want to be treated - including Rams personnel. If they aren't good, leave it at that, but calling them names like "bums", "stiffs", etc. has never been allowed.

Honestly, I think a lot of us (and I include myself in that statement; fate knows I haven't been perfect) have forgotten that. It's been a bad year, but that doesn't mean that we should forget about just relaxing at a bar, shooting the shit, being respectful to one another, as well as the team.

I will abide. I'll save the truth for my other board from now on. I sincerely apologize. I will just come here to root root root for the home team from now on.

Tano

Legend
@BrooklynRam

Yeah I have been bad as well since I gave the nickname the Matador to Blythe.

And I know I haven't been kind to Turnstyle Evans

Last edited:

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Injuries obviously made things much worse, but I doubt our “starters” would’ve faired well. We skated on OL investment for years. I really hope McSnead aren’t blaming our failure on injuries (to “starters” with well-established injury histories) to the point they fail to see the need to invest again this off-season. The Atwell pick indicates an ongoing blind spot they need to wake up to imo, and I hope they do.

It doesn’t make any sense to me to risk our investment in Stafford. He needs a running game.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
This is the perfect time to share a pet peeve of mine since a) I'm not a Wolford fan, and b) it didn't impact Rams chances of making playoffs.

Here it is: How can the helmet to the face of Wolford not get called (or even mentioned by the announcers), while the "potentially flagrant" call in the secondary against the Rams gets penalized and discussed ad nauseum?

The league is supposed to watch out for QBs, yet refs and broadcast crew ignored the hit on Wolford. While the penalty against the Rams was only caused because the receiver bobbled the ball and dipped his head before contact. When the defender made the tackle, he was aiming for the dude's torso...

How can we possibly have a 10 minute discussion about whether this "obvious" penalty should be flagrant or not and whether there will be a fine? While the backup QB playing a position the league has gone out of its way to protect (and in for the billion dollar QB who is out due to concussion and spine issues) not only doesn't get a penalty, but nobody on the broadcast even points it out???

I continue to be baffled by shit like this.
I would say that the league cares about QB’s a lot…..unless they’re nobody backups or guys the league isn’t going out of their way to promote ad nauseum.