Personal Thoughts on During and After (A Day After!) the Rams Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
I will be the first to admit that I didn’t know much of anything about the players (Except Cam Akers) except for what I had read on the computer and one Draft Magazine so evaluating/judging the Rams picks as they were being selected was kind of foolish and unfair on my part! To be honest the only pick I was happy with at the time they were picked was RB Cam Akers and being an FSU Fan I absolutely LOVED the pick!!! And, I have to confess that was the LAST pick I was Happy with (At the time they were selected!)! Like a few other Rams Fans I wanted to see them pick a quality MLB and a quality Offensive Lineman (A CENTER!)! But, As the Draft went on the Rams would not address either position until the VERY LAST ROUND so needless to say I was pretty (OK/VERY!) DISAPPOINTED! But, I started reading up and watching videos of the Rams Draft Picks (As well as the Undrafted Players that they had signed!) and to be quite honest I came away with a totally different opinion on the Rams Draft from the initial opinion that I had too quickly made!

I wasn’t happy with WR Van Jefferson and then I watched some videos of him and find out that many coaches consider him one of the best (If not, The Best!) Route Runners in this Draft with great work ethics whose Father happens to be a former NFL WR and now a NFL Coach).

I wasn’t happy with OLB/EDGE Terrell Lewis but then I watch some video and this player looks like a MONSTER on Defense and I read that if it was not for his Health/
Injury concerns he probably would had been a definite 1st Round pick!

I wasn’t happy with the Safety Terrell Burgess pick and then watched some clips on him and he definitely showed the anticipation and aggressiveness you like to see in your Safeties!

I wasn’t happy with the TE Brycen Hopkins pick (Still impatiently waiting for that MLB and CENTER picks!)!
Then I watch some tapes of Hopkins (Whose Father also played many years in the NFL) and wow did I come away impressed! Even though the Rams already have some good Tight Ends (Higbee, Everett, Munster) on their roster Hopkins was just too good to pass up (Goff will LOVE this Player!)! Brycen Hopkins IS very good!!

I wasn’t happy with the Safety Jordan Fuller pick until I found out that Sinbad is his Uncle! Well, While I do like Sinbad the real reason I changed my mind on this pick was that like Terrell Burgess he looks very aggressive and can cover pretty well for a Safety!

I wasn’t happy with LB Clay Johnston! Finally, A MLB pick! But, He wasn’t the one I was hoping for! Then I watched some tapes on him and he looked like a really good MLB who seemed to really like to Hit and seemed to always be in the right place! And, Then I saw his interview after he was drafted by the Rams and WOW, I was IMPRESSED! He had so much energy and intensity and he looked like and sounded like he wanted to get on the field right then and start playing! He definitely seemed to have the makeup for what you want in your MLB! The only real concern with Clay Johnston like Terrell Lewis is his Health/Injury issues. If he can stay on the field I think he will be playing MLB quite a bit for the Rams in the near future!

I was ok with the K Sam Sloman pick even though there were still some players I preferred but the Rams definitely need a Kicker even though they recently added 2 in Free Agency(Competition is a good thing!)!

And, I WAS HAPPY with the pick of Offensive Lineman Tremayne Anchrum! I had never heard of him before the Rams selected him but I have read some pretty good reviews on him and AT LEAST HE WAS AN OFFENSIVE LINEMAN that some of us were waiting so IMPATIENTLY for!!!

So, I went from very Disappointed/very Discouraged throughout the Rams Draft to being really excited about seeing all these picks playing for the Rams this coming season!!!

Just proved to me once AGAIN that I shouldn’t judge something/someone until I have ALL the Facts (And, That I am CERTAINLY NOT an NFL Head Coach or General Manager!!!)!

Last edited:

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Bravo Sir

if there is one thing this Rams draft has pointed out, is that Rams management and ROD experts are reading completely different blueprints

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Bravo Sir

if there is one thing this Rams draft has pointed out, is that Rams management and ROD experts are reading completely different blueprints

I used to think I was pretty knowledgeable about the Rams UNTIL I found RAMSONDEMAND!!! You guys are AWESOME!!! Have been a Rams Fan for over 50 years but have never had the pleasure or good fortune to keep up with the Rams (Have lived in Florida for the past 50 years after moving from California/I was a Military Brat!) as much as I do now thanks to the Internet AND RAMSONDEMAND!!!

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
I used to think I was pretty knowledgeable about the Rams UNTIL I found RAMSONDEMAND!!! You guys are AWESOME!!! Have been a Rams Fan for over 50 years but have never had the pleasure or good fortune to keep up with the Rams (Have lived in Florida for the past 50 years after moving from California/I was a Military Brat!) as much as I do now thanks to the Internet AND RAMSONDEMAND!!!
Hola to a fellow Floridian. Transplant of course like most in this state.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hola to a fellow Floridian. Transplant of course like most in this state.

Hello! Some people don’t think I live in Florida! Some people actually think I moved from LA to LA (Lower Alabama!) since I live way up in NW Florida close to the Alabama State Line!

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
Hello! Some people don’t think I live in Florida! Some people actually think I moved from LA to LA (Lower Alabama!) since I live way up in NW Florida close to the Alabama State Line!
I am down in the SW dealing with red tide.