Percy Harvin aims for Week 8 Seattle Seahawks debut

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
Marc Sessler
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000264704/article/percy-harvin-aims-for-week-8-seattle-seahawks-debut" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... awks-debut</a>

[nfl]0ap2000000264868[/nfl]
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-around-the-league/0ap2000000264868/Percy-Harvin-expected-to-return-soon" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-a ... eturn-soon</a>

The Seattle Seahawks initially targeted Thanksgiving for Percy Harvin's return, but it's looking more and more like he'll be catching passes long before the turkey is cooked.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Thursday that the dynamic wide receiver is scheduled to begin practicing next week, according to a team source.

Harvin's rehab from August hip surgery has been so rapid that a source with knowledge of his rehab tells Rapoport that there's a chance the receiver will return to game action on Monday Night Football versus the Rams in Week 8.

NFL Media columnist Michael Silver reported on NFL Network's "NFL Total Access Kickoff" that the Seahawks might be more cautious than Harvin hopes.

The Seahawks are "looking at the long game," Silver said. "They know when Percy Harvin comes back he'll give that offense a boost simply as a decoy, let alone as a threat. However, he's never practiced with them, he's not familiar with their offense, they'd like him to practice for a while. Maybe that Monday night game on Dec. 2 against the Saints coming off the bye, would be a more realistic date from the team's perspective."

"He's getting really close," coach Pete Carroll said Monday, telling reporters that Harvin "ran well last week and ran well in pregame."

Harvin's impending return bodes well for a Seahawks offense with big plans for the former Minnesota Vikings playmaker.

Seattle spent plenty of time in the offseason installing plays for Harvin before he was lost to surgery. Those wrinkles will be unleashed upon his return, and it will be fascinating to watch what Harvin's presence does for Russell Wilson and a team we already consider the most talented in the NFC.

RamzFanz

Damnit
He's not scary week 8. Rusty, new offense, coming off injury? Na.

My bet is they don't let him. He would be much better off practicing healthy for a couple of weeks and shaking off the rust.

Week 17? That's scary.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think our D will gladly put a hit on his widdle hip.

But, I suspect he's more than two weeks away. This is all talk. Running and game shape are two very different things.

jap

Legend
On draft weekend (2013) Sherman welcomed Tavon to the NFC West. A week from Monday, I hope Tavon introduces Sherman to primetime Tavon Austin football. And I want Brian Quick's play ramped up so he can truck right through Sherman on his way to pay dirt. :ww:

RamzFanz

Damnit
jap said:
On draft weekend (2013) Sherman welcomed Tavon to the NFC West. A week from Monday, I hope Tavon introduces Sherman to primetime Tavon Austin football. And I want Brian Quick's play ramped up so he can truck right through Sherman on his way to pay dirt. :ww:

I wouldn't mind a Bailey sighting or two on top of his very good special teams playing. Something tells me he can block well and could be key in getting his little buddy open.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
jap said:

I would like to see Zac with a head of steam plant his bowling ball body high into Shermans chest.

Just sayin