Perception by Other Fans That Goff will Bust

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I feel at times there is an East Coast bias from ESPN for example, I get so tired of the damn Philadelphia Eagles because of Sal Paolantonio, how about winning a Super Bowl at least Patriots have won although that is another story.

Now I don't mean any disrespect to the Gateway City, but now being back in Los Angeles the Rams will get more coverage and I expect that to increase over the years with a Head Quarters for NFL Network being included in the City of Champions project so I expect more positive coverage, but the Rams need to start winning consistently before that becomes par for the course.

Nobody outside of Rams fans are going to give a shit about the team until they start winning, it's true of every team in every sport. The media isn't going to waste much valuable air time or bandwidth covering any losing team. It just doesn't happen.

Remember 99-01? You could turn on SportsCenter and the Rams got double or triple the coverage of any other team because they were killing it. Coverage of the Browns, Falcons, Bengals, and any other team that wasn't any good those years could fit in a thimble.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Remember 99-01? You could turn on SportsCenter and the Rams got double or triple the coverage of any other team because they were killing it. Coverage of the Browns, Falcons, Bengals, and any other team that wasn't any good those years could fit in a thimble.

Points well taken and the Eagles have won over the years, however, they still more coverage IMO then other teams that have won over the years, but I guess it's always going to be that way.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Let's look at it this way Ram fans, whereas Non Ram fans and pundits will not look at this way...Do you believe Jared Goff will be an improvement over Kellen Clemens, Shaun HIll and Case Keenum? I believe he will be and everything else is icing on the cake!
goff%20can%20wait_small2.jpg
Just being an improvement would not be nearly enough for the price they paid...Hope the icing is lathered thick on the cake...

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One, the price we paid wasn't steep and it was well worth it. We will still have at least 7 draft picks next year which means we did NOT mortgage our future.

Two, the thing that outside fans don't get is that we don't NEED Goff to be elite...we need him to be a league average starter.

Three, they keep comparing him to other number 1 picks when this is the best situation a number 1 overall pick has ever walked into.