Perception by Other Fans That Goff will Bust

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I doubt that I post on that site. But I've been busy with work. Which is okay with me because this is the slow time of the year. I don't feel the need to defend Goff right now. I know the Rams got the right guy. Goff's play will do all the talking. Let them enjoy their ability to crow right now. The next 10-15 years will be rough for them.
It worked. That was my Lurch ring (Adams Family reference).
upload_2016-7-9_20-48-36.png

How you doin' man? Good to see you are lurking - and busy too of course. Just thought I'd see if you were around. I know we're all hoping you are right about Goff. Not that you are needing that but we all can acknowledge you were beating the loudest drum for him. Now that it is reality, I'm a huge Goff fan. Yeah - I can be a bandwagoner when it suits me.

Anyway, cheers to you. Hope you're doing well.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It worked. That was my Lurch ring (Adams Family reference).
View attachment 14673
How you doin' man? Good to see you are lurking - and busy too of course. Just thought I'd see if you were around. I know we're all hoping you are right about Goff. Not that you are needing that but we all can acknowledge you were beating the loudest drum for him. Now that it is reality, I'm a huge Goff fan. Yeah - I can be a bandwagoner when it suits me.

Anyway, cheers to you. Hope you're doing well.

I've been checking in from time to time. Having to do this adult thing until I start my last year of school. It gives me a lot less free time, unfortunately. Looking forward to upcoming year. The future looks bright, my friend. Hope things are good for you as well!

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
You forgot that most fans of other teams are much much much much much much much much dumber than the casual ram fan. So idiotic comments seem like smart and insightful ones to them. They are a rung down on the ladder of evolution. Don't pay mind to our neanderthall brethren.

Just look at @Rynie as an example
Hay. ime not dumm.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
If the whiners would have drafted Goff, they would be calling him the next Joe Montana. Because the Rams drafted him he is the next Sam Bradford in their minds. Remember when whiner fans thought krapondick was going to be the greatest QB ever? This just shows how little whiner fans know about QBs.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
My thoughts are;
  1. You can never over pay for a starting QB
  2. You can't teach Goff's pocket presence
  3. You can't teach Goff's ability to process the field
  4. You can't teach Goff's release
  5. You can't teach Goff's ability to handle the big stage
  6. You can't teach Goff's locker room presence
I have ZERO concerns about starting him too early.

We found our QB for the next 13-15yrs.

Like Corbin said, those guys are just scared.

7.Can knock a flea off a dogs ass at 25 yards
(with a D.E. in his face)

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I doubt that I post on that site. But I've been busy with work. Which is okay with me because this is the slow time of the year. I don't feel the need to defend Goff right now. I know the Rams got the right guy. Goff's play will do all the talking. Let them enjoy their ability to crow right now. The next 10-15 years will be rough for them.

I agree and anyone who has watched his head and feet would agree.

So people use attorneys less in the summer?

Or do you live in an area (like me) that is very seasonal?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree and anyone who has watched his head and feet would agree.

So people use attorneys less in the summer?

Or do you live in an area (like me) that is very seasonal?

I mean slow time of the year for sports. Attorneys are used throughout the year. Summer can be slower for some attorneys because kids are out of school so people take vacations but that can change quickly. Work tends to ebb and flow throughout the year. You'll be overwhelmed for a couple weeks and then have little to do the next week. It's just how the business is.

But I'm busier right now than I normally am because I'm normally in law school rather than working 55ish hours a week.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
@LoyalRam

I apologize for not reading this whole thread and if someone has already suggested this tact. I am pressed for time and when I originally read the first three posts I thought, "Those other fans are just jealous and can't be reasoned with". However, I was thinking about it and you could make them look foolish by asking some questions like. "So you think that Keenum is better than Goff will be?" or "So, you don't agree with the rest of the world, that the Rams needed to find their starting QB of the future?" or "You don't think that a good starting QB is the most important piece of an NFL roster, and without one your chances of making the playoffs dont exist?". Then follow it up with a smug " Nuff said" or " Ah, now I understand your problem" and dont respond again for a while.

So simply just look at the facts: The Rams needed a starting caliber QB. Many professionals feel that Goff is just as good if not better than Mariota and Winston, Teams rarely make the playoffs without a capable QB. The Rams best QB was Kase Keenum. Only an idiot wouldn't think that the Rams drafting Goff was a good and necessary thing to do.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Let's look at it this way Ram fans, whereas Non Ram fans and pundits will not look at this way...Do you believe Jared Goff will be an improvement over Kellen Clemens, Shaun HIll and Case Keenum? I believe he will be and everything else is icing on the cake!
goff%20can%20wait_small2.jpg

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Let's look at it this way Ram fans, whereas Non Ram fans and pundits will not look at this way...Do you believe Jared Goff will be an improvement over Kellen Clemens, Shaun HIll and Case Keenum? I believe he will be and everything else is icing on the cake!
goff%20can%20wait_small2.jpg
I really feel that the talking head "experts" rarely have watched the Rams play. They look at game stats on Mondays, or catch a little bit of the game on Red Zone. Their research has been about the Jets, Giants, Redskins, Cowboys, etc... Before this year, they could give three shytes about our team, and normally quote one another about how much we suck. Even in the Back up QB thread, they gave little credence to the fact that Keenum was 3-2 last year with this team (and should have been 4-1). They just looked at the meager passing yards stats and saw that it wasn't Aaron Rodgers worthy, so he sucked.....I wouldn't trade him for most any back up QB in the NFL, because he knows what he is...Butt Fumble, Bradford, and Kaep think they are starters still and would try to leave for greener pastures...

Anyway, they will be surprised as they always are when a team like the Rams rises out of nowhere. We are expecting it, but they will say "No one could have known the Rams would be this good!"

Whatever skippy.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Anyway, they will be surprised as they always are when a team like the Rams rises out of nowhere. We are expecting it, but they will say "No one could have known the Rams would be this good!"

Actually I believe they will start saying you could see the Rams were on the cusp of being a very good football team with the job of improving the roster that Jeff Fisher and Les Snead have done and then they will do their research and come up with why the Rams are better and say "You could see this coming." I expect them to say similar things about the Jaguars this year as they will have to back pedal on the Indianapolis Colts too IMHO.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Actually I believe they will start saying you could see the Rams were on the cusp of being a very good football team with the job of improving the roster that Jeff Fisher and Les Snead have done and then they will do their research and come up with why the Rams are better and say "You could see this coming." I expect them to say similar things about the Jaguars this year as they will have to back pedal on the Indianapolis Colts too IMHO.

Maybe...it seems like most of them have said the Rams are more than a franchise QB away from being good. They point to the "losses" on our defense without the context of play dropoff by older players and the replacement players being just as good...They hate the Rams because they feel burned when they said the Rams were a darkhorse playoff team over the years.....

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
They hate the Rams because they feel burned when they said the Rams were a darkhorse playoff team over the years.....

I feel at times there is an East Coast bias from ESPN for example, I get so tired of the damn Philadelphia Eagles because of Sal Paolantonio, how about winning a Super Bowl at least Patriots have won although that is another story.

Now I don't mean any disrespect to the Gateway City, but now being back in Los Angeles the Rams will get more coverage and I expect that to increase over the years with a Head Quarters for NFL Network being included in the City of Champions project so I expect more positive coverage, but the Rams need to start winning consistently before that becomes par for the course.

Psycho_X

Legend
Rookie QBs might as well just be called Schrodinger's QB before their first NFL season. You can view them as both bad and good but no one will really know until the games are played. Anyone who perceives them any other way is subjugated by emotion.

And Whiner fans making fun of other teams QBs is just hilarious.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rookie QBs might as well just be called Schrodinger's QB before their first NFL season. You can view them as both bad and good but no one will really know until the games are played. Anyone who perceives them any other way is subjugated by emotion.

And Whiner fans making fun of other teams QBs is just hilarious.
I am over-educated enough to understand this reference....:snicker: