per Mortsen

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Trio of high-profile Texas A&M prospects to work out for Rams

By Mike Huguenin
College Football 24/7 writer

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...ofile-texas-am-prospects-to-work-out-for-rams

Texas A&M has three players who could go in the top 10, and the St. Louis Rams will have a group of officials in College Station, Texas, on Friday to work out the trio.

NFL Media insiders Albert Breer and Ian Rapoport report that the Rams -- who have the No. 2 and No. 13 picks in the first round -- will work out A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel, wide receiver Mike Evans and offensive tackle Jake Matthews. First, though, the Rams' group will be in Tuscaloosa, Ala., on Thursday to work out Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron before they head west.

The Rams' contingent will include general manager Les Snead and coach Jeff Fisher.

St. Louis reportedly is entertaining trading the No. 2 pick, but if the Rams keep the second selection, they have a chance to shape the first round.

The Rams already have Sam Bradford at quarterback, but the front office might figure Bradford is not the long-term answer. Taking Manziel would be proof of that being the case.

Matthews would improve the offensive line, while taking Evans would mean the Rams could pair him with Tavon Austin, last year's first-round pick, to give their quarterback -- whether it's Bradford, Manziel or even McCarron -- two potentially potent weapons on the outside.

Manziel and Matthews would be legitimate No. 2 picks; neither seems likely to be available at No. 13. Taking Evans at No. 2 would be a reach, though, and he also seems unlikely to be there when the Rams pick at No. 13. If the Rams do trade the No. 2 pick, Evans could be their choice -- depending on the trading partner and what pick the Rams acquire.

McCarron is seen by most as a second-round selection; the Rams pick 12th in that round (44th overall). McCarron, though, says he has been told he could go anywhere from 16th to 35th.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Believe nothing you hear this time of year. From "Bradford is our guy" to interest in Manziel.. it's all just head games and smoke screens.

Vag you are right and I am to the point of giggling about this. If all the options that have been discussed actually happened it would take nearly a century of drafts for it all to happen!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Rams to work out Manziel,Mathews and Evans.
Per Chris Mortensen

Do u guys think this is a smoke screen on Manziel?
Manziel is Evans QB, of course he will throw to him.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I love the Manziel rumor. It can't hurt.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Why wouldn't they. If you're going to check out one and you have two #1 picks, why wouldn't you look at all of them? Is there a lose scenario here?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 2m
I'd be careful about reading too much into the Rams' group being in one spot or another. They've been all over the place the last few days.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 3m
The Rams have a habit of leaking multiple names of eleventh-hour workouts -- and zealously hiding one or two with guys they really want.
Yeah... cuz they can hide a workout with all the restrictions in today's game. In other words, we missed a few of them while intently watching almost every other team.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
I hope one of the workouts we're keeping hush-hush is a trip made to Auburn to check out Robinson.. Haven't heard much on his end recently:bueller:

jjab360

Legend
I hope one of the workouts we're keeping hush-hush is a trip made to Auburn to check out Robinson.. Haven't heard much on his end recently:bueller:
It seems like it's usually the guy you hear the least about that we end up taking.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Let's hope, brotha! Robinson is my preference, but Matthews in a trade down wouldn't upset me.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
"Matthews would improve the offensive line, while taking Evans would mean the Rams could pair him with Tavon Austin, last year's first-round pick, to give their quarterback -- whether it's Bradford, Manziel or even McCarron -- two potentially potent weapons on the outside."

Where the hell did McCarron's name come from in the article posted by @RamBill at the top of this page? Did I miss the interest we have in him? Or did he pull it out of his ass?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I have begun to warm up to the thought of Evans with the second first round pick. But I still hope they take Matthews at two.