Per League Sources, Josh Gordon Suspension upheld following appeal, suspended one full year

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OkieRamFan

UDFA
Name
Harold
Look there is no pot tolerance in the US Military period. As a retired US Army officer I had many opportunities to pee in a cup while I was in the service. There was and never has been any tolerance, pop positive you're a civilian tomorrow. No appeals, no lawsuit, no nothing!

reggae

Well, I'll do some research when I get home. But from what I understand he was on and out in less than 2 hours and got 2 days credit for te served. It's pretty common knowledge out here.
Sheriff Smith also confirmed that Aldon Smith was allowed to shoot the department’s high-powered rifles at the fundraiser and ride in the department’s helicopter. But, as far as Sheriff Smith sees it, there was no conflict of interest as Aldon Smith was under investigation by her department and simultaneously a guest at a sheriff’s fundraiser.http://www.nbcbayarea.com/investiga...rom-Santa-Clara-County-Sheriff-228676411.html

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It was kind of brought up earlier today in class - fresh on the memory... but what got me thinking was the quote "they still got sued" - and i remembered the defamation lawsuit

And I think a full season is excessive for Ray Rice - I would expect more than 2 games though.

Lol nice. Bout to finish up at USF

Good to hear.

FWIW, the NFL just changed their policy on domestic abuse.

iced

No. Just don't feel comfortable enough in law school yet to make that sort of trip.

Really? Gainesville is a 2/2.5 hour drive from Tampa.

By the way going back to our discussions on Employers about conduct - one of my friends was arrested for domestic violence a couple weeks ago and his job was very, very quick to distribute discipline (unlike Goodell). He was at one of the highest levels at his position; the next morning after the incident the night before, they had taken away his work vehicle, tools, and are making him restart like a private again...he wasn't even bonded out before all of it was gone lol.. and yea, there was heavy alcohol involved too

Although as fucked up as it might sound (cause ya'll don't know the story), I actually feel bad for my buddy....he's the one that got royally screwed over

Kinda funny now that I think about it - the other branches of the military were more strict on Domestic Violence than Marijuana (and they should be). Navy was still zero tolerance, as they are for everything for the most part. Then again they have earned themselves the reputation, especially my job area lol :cool:

ShaneFalco

i live here in CO, pretty hilarious to watch the NFL hand out suspensions for something that is legal here.

sooner or later i hope they wake up.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Really? Gainesville is a 2/2.5 hour drive from Tampa.

Not about the length of the trip. About the time I have to spend on Sunday preparing for the week. ;)

iced

Not about the length of the trip. About the time I have to spend on Sunday preparing for the week. ;)

ahhh bummer...the smart ass in me wants to be like "so get all your crap done the day before!" :D

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Didn't know there was one?

Yeah, pretty big gathering. You can get all the specifics in the ROD Events tab. Check it out!

Well when Marty and Doc get back I'll show ya :D

Alright you got me...2012.

iced

Alright you got me...2012.
I actually went through my photos from that year but i didn't see where it was exactly... I remembered asking the guys at the park where the Rams buses are - that's where they organized at last time.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I actually went through my photos from that year but i didn't see where it was exactly... I remembered asking the guys at the park where the Rams buses are - that's where they organized at last time.
Gotcha. Thanks Brother. See you at the tailgate party!

reggae

"He's been to Court. He got 12 days less 2 for time served. Even though the San Jose Sheriff exedoted him through the process then took him to the shooting range."

I asked my ? based on the red quote above. Even if Smith wasn't convicted that would be highly irregular to take a person with an open firearm case to the range. That would be a major conflict of interest. It would also be considered unethical.
just in case you missed it.Sheriff Smith also confirmed that Aldon Smith was allowed to shoot the department’s high-powered rifles at the fundraiser and ride in the department’s helicopter. But, as far as Sheriff Smith sees it, there was no conflict of interest as Aldon Smith was under investigation by her department and simultaneously a guest at a sheriff’s fundraiser.http://www.nbcbayarea.com/investiga...rom-Santa-Clara-County-Sheriff-228676411.html