Per JT on twitter...Langford cut

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Thanks Kendall!!!!! He will get signed before we get a chance to get him back. I hope Westbrooks shines with the opportunity. We really needed the $6M to resign Britt and Kendricks and for our draft class. It's a forgone conclusion that Long or Wells or both are going to be cut also. Then we can bring in a FA C or OG or both. Might as well get the hard cut out of the way first.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I don't like this move at all. Brockers has never played a full season. So who's going to start if one of the DT goes down? Wells and Long better get cut or I'm going to be pissed.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I don't like this move at all. Brockers has never played a full season. So who's going to start if one of the DT goes down? Wells and Long better get cut or I'm going to be pissed.
My bad he has played a full season but every one be has stuggled with his ankles

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I doubt he clears waivers. If he does, I hope we take a crack at him at a lower rate.

jjab360

Legend
My bad he has played a full season but every one be has stuggled with his ankles
I was about to say where you were the last two seasons lol. I don't remember hearing much about his ankles since his rookie year, though..

jjab360

Legend
We saved 6 million in cap space and Langford is out of a job. It seems the exact opposite of good for Langford but not good for the Rams...

Good luck to Langford on his next team btw, he's still a really good player, just not as good as the two guys we've drafted since he got here

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
First off, thanks Langford...for the hard work and production as a Ram. Best wishes to you.

It's possible that releasing Langford could just be the first step in orchestrating a trade.

Also, if it came down to releasing Langford vs Eugene Sims i'd rather keep Sims and find another young DT to develop in the draft.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

there's nothing wrong with being a class organisation. i like it. langford gave the rams 3 good years, the rams weren't gonna pay him $6m this year, the rams release him early to give him the best chance on the open market. class. why wouldn't free agents be persuaded by this move? they don't want to get dicked around.

i hate it when teams screw players and i'm very happy the rams aren't one of them.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
That sucks, he was a good player for us. Yes he made a lot for a rotational guy, but he played hard and did his job well

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
Guess Fisher likes Danny Shelton

I could actually see the Rams taking Shelton if the O-line and WR value is not there at #10 and Shelton is still available. After the Senior Bowl and Combine I thought Donald might be a possibility last year at 13 for the Rams and I could see the Rams going back to that well again. With Brokers set to be a FA in 2016 (maybe) and the Rams now lacking depth at DT, especially another big body type to backup Brockers, Shelton kind of makes sense at the 10 spot and I think he would be good value pick if he is still there.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
OK not happy about this, I am worried. Brockers as pointed out above has not always been healthy or UN-gippy...who do the Rams have that can play the Brockers post so Donald can best be used as the LOS disruptor? Do I hear crickets????? Scary!

Free Agent DE/DT Alec Carrington...no longer a Ram but Carrington has a dismal 2014 season, Alec does not need to be a Ram. Rams have Mason Brodine under contract. Mason was a DE all his college playing yrs then a Raider DE then a Ram DE then a Ram TE then moved inside when Brockers was hurt again. Mason is over 6-7 in a thinly built frame of about 285 pounds.

The only real possibility of any DL'er who could plug the NT post of Brockers is Doug Worthington. Collegiality, Worthington started 35 games at Ohio State, finishing with 103 career tackles, 12 tackles for loss and four sacks. He was named honorable mention All-Big Ten his senior season.

Worthington was originally a seventh-round pick by the Pittsburgh Steelers in the 2010 draft. He was let go during final roster cuts, spending some time on Pittsburgh's practice squad. After being let go by the Steelers, Worthington signed with Tampa Bay's practice squad in November 2010. The Buccaneers released Worthington in August of 2011, and he was claimed off of waivers by Washington Redskins.

At 6-foot-5 and 318 pounds, Worthington spent the last three years with the Washington Redskins, but was released by that team after the first preseason game. Worthington totaled three tackles in six games in 2012 for Washington. But he spent all of 2013 on the injured reserve list after suffering a torn biceps tendon during offseason workouts. Worthington was signed by the San Diego Chargers in 2014. Worthington was released by the Chargers in 2014. But Worthington has a history of being released by four teams.

This release is important! Brockers being a UFA this time next yr add in that Kendall was the main reserve DT last season for both interior DL posts. Rams must be looking into the future here due to this release, & the draft may contain some NT's that Snead & Fisher have fallen in love with.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
IKrFf3A.jpg

(I KEED, I KEED!)