Penix is a drama queen

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I’m starting to think that this crazy Good QB draft class may not be as good as pundits thought it would be.
Early returns on last season's class are impressive. Stroud looks like a generational QB. AR looked good for Indy before he got hurt. O'Connell showed a little something with da Raiduhs. Levis looking good with the Titans. Young getting the crap beat out of him in Carolina but there's a lot of time.

Thinking the 2023 class will go down as the best in many years once the dust settles.

2024 class who knows but I do admit I'm not as impressed by them as I figured I would be. But maybe that hype was a setup in many ways too. You could easily still end up with a few good starters out of the group.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Early returns on last season's class are impressive. Stroud looks like a generational QB. AR looked good for Indy before he got hurt. O'Connell showed a little something with da Raiduhs. Levis looking good with the Titans. Young getting the crap beat out of him in Carolina but there's a lot of time.

Thinking the 2023 class will go down as the best in many years once the dust settles.

2024 class who knows but I do admit I'm not as impressed by them as I figured I would be. But maybe that hype was a setup in many ways too. You could easily still end up with a few good starters out of the group.
Yeah, I was referring to the guys in the 2024 draft class

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I assumed he was good as gone but if he were to stay he very likely could end up going #1 the following year.
I'm not so sure about that. If he improves, yes, he'll be in the running. There are some other guys who could also take the #1 spot if they improve. It's more wide open than #1 this year, though. That's definitely true.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As much as I'd like to see kids stay in school and get their degrees, I also believe that if you're a QB projected to get drafted in Day 1 or 2, you should go pro.
The NIL money is surely attractive, but I think the risk far outweighs the reward. Nowadays it seems like a player's prospect can only go down the longer he stays.
In the case of Ewers, between his history of being injury prone and the spector of Arch Manning looming large at UT he could find himself missing a lot of playing time and that could crush his draft stock.
Caleb Williams will still likely go #1 overall but it's not nearly as clear as it would have been had he been allowed to enter the draft in 2023