Pending Roster Additions??

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
With the release of Bud Sasser the Rams only have 89 players signed for camp so they will probably add another body and if Gurley starts the season on PUP they could also add another.

Maybe the addition will be a vet on a prove it contract like CB Aaron Ross??

June 19, 2015 2:05 pm - Report: CB Aaron Ross not giving up on NFL, worked out for Rams
by Ruben Palacios | Staff Writer
Former Giants and Ravens cornerback
Aaron Ross wants to play in the NFL again, sources told Aaron Wilson of The Baltimore Sun. Ross worked out with the Rams earlier this week with the hope of resurrecting his career. Ross was with the Ravens last season, but spent the entire year on injured reserve because of a torn Achilles. The 32-year-old won two Super Bowl rings with the Giants. For his career, Ross has 250 tackles, 41 passes defended and 11 interceptions.

Link:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/page/STL/st-louis-rams

Or maybe although unlikely it is a vet lineman like Mathis..........

It is the slow time so even a back end roster addition in June/July is news.

fearsomefour

Legend
I still think a DB, although I am not a fan of Ross. There are a few other guys out there at CB.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I'm thinking it would be good to pick up an experienced vet lineman on offense. Going with little to no NFL experience is going to make things tough on the right side and middle. Heck, even our LT only has one year.

fearsomefour

Legend
Who is still out there that you think has a shot to make this roster?
For example...Javier Arenas CB or Terell Brown CB.
I wonder too if they were bring in Ross because McDonald is healing up still. A vet guy who can take reps at a couple of spots.
In reality any signing now, be it Ross or a guy like Arenas or whoever, will take some reps and is competing for a 5th or 6th DB spot. If this is the case it makes enough sense to me to fill that back end spot with a veteran guy, a guy without much of a learning curve. There is a lot of young talent in the D backfield, but, that was the weakness of the D last year.
I don't see the Rams signing an O lineman at this point because there are so many already here. There are several "young vet" types already, guys either with a little playing experience or guys that have been on the team/practice squad for a couple of years. To me it makes more sense to bring in a vet DB or LB to secure some low maintenance depth.
Who knows? Maybe working out Ross was just doing someone a favor and he would have had to have blown them away to get a vet minimum deal.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
With the release of Bud Sasser the Rams only have 89 players signed for camp so they will probably add another body and if Gurley starts the season on PUP they could also add another.

Maybe the addition will be a vet on a prove it contract like CB Aaron Ross??

June 19, 2015 2:05 pm - Report: CB Aaron Ross not giving up on NFL, worked out for Rams
by Ruben Palacios | Staff Writer
Former Giants and Ravens cornerback
Aaron Ross wants to play in the NFL again, sources told Aaron Wilson of The Baltimore Sun. Ross worked out with the Rams earlier this week with the hope of resurrecting his career. Ross was with the Ravens last season, but spent the entire year on injured reserve because of a torn Achilles. The 32-year-old won two Super Bowl rings with the Giants. For his career, Ross has 250 tackles, 41 passes defended and 11 interceptions.

Link:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/page/STL/st-louis-rams

Or maybe although unlikely it is a vet lineman like Mathis..........

It is the slow time so even a back end roster addition in June/July is news.

Serious Ram interest in a 32 year old Ross would surprise me, Noregar.

We have good depth at CB and youngsters that need reps desperately in order to properly develop. I just don't see the value of bringing in an elder statesman and pricey vet coming off an Achilles.

Now OL is a different story. Three new starters, two being true rookies and a third being an inexperienced C, is an entirely different scenario. OL is a position group that might benefit from a vet's experience.

Then again, maybe the coaches are comfortable with Reynolds as an early starter at RG (for example) until a rookie can claim that starting position. Hav looks very much like their choice ar starting RT.

If this were a betting proposition, I would put my money on OL much more heavily than CB for any late FA acquisition.

At least that's the way it appears from my recliner. Lol.