Peek into what McVays Offense Will Look Like

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Route concepts to get a guy open on a target defender and bringing those plays back with twists later to attack the same defender from a different route then attacking that spot on the field again later with yet another receiver. What's not to like with these passing concepts.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Route concepts to get a guy open on a target defender and bringing those plays back with twists later to attack the same defender from a different route then attacking that spot on the field again later with yet another receiver. What's not to like with these passing concepts.

I think the fact that he has passing concepts, period, is something to like. I'm pretty sure that our passing plays from Fisher were designed through a new form of pin the tail on the donkey. Pin the route on the passing play. :LOL:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
It would sure be nice to see McVay have this kind of success with the Rams Offense!!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I keep thinking...if you haven't played Madden for at least $100 a game..you don't know how to design plays under pressure. This is what McVay brings that Boras lacked.

At least none of that was the silly double outs in the same area....

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I finally see a design scheme that will keep a lot of our guys productive. Can't wait to see what we muster up.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I think the fact that he has passing concepts, period, is something to like. I'm pretty sure that our passing plays from Fisher were designed through a new form of pin the tail on the donkey. Pin the route on the passing play. :LOL:

Why the blue font?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

The sad part is that would imply a random if narrow chance at success...

Scirca

Rookie
Imagine what Jared Goff is going to do in this type of pass happy system with solid coaching.

Tell me guys who does this sequence of events remind you of. @Dxmissile @FRO @-X- @den-the-coach @jrry32 @Zero @LACHAMP46 @Mackeyser @Ramlock @Legatron4 @thirteen28 @OldSchool @RamFan503 @DaveFan'51

@ anybody whose worried about Jared Goff.

Aaron Rodgers

:
arodgers.0.gif

Must be a Cal thing ;)

Jared Goff
Angle 1:
source.gif

Angle 2: From Goff's perspective (same play)

d1f32c54d746f1f32f0ca78e532d98c2.gif

P.S: Jared Goff confirmed today on Dan Patrick show that though Joe Montana is his guy,
his favorite player in the NFL is Aaron Rodgers. He also worked out with him last summer.

Last edited:

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
That's a good call, Scirca.

That pass is just damned hard no matter what.

Scirca

Rookie
That's a good call, Scirca.

That pass is just damned hard no matter what.

The more and more I think about it, I wouldn't be suprised if there is a drastic change like there was in 1998 Rams (4-12) to 1999 GSOT Ram's (13-3). You know what they say... HISTORY REPEATS ITSELF. We already coming from a 4-12 season (same as 1998) ;).

We just need wide receivers and an average offensive o-line. Doesn't even have to be good, just average. I can picture it now if we get both Desean Jackson and Garcon.

Our wide receivers: DJax, Garcon, Pharoh Cooper, Tavon Austin, Mike Thomas. :fuelfire:

Last edited:

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
The more and more I think about it, I wouldn't be suprised if there is a drastic change like there was in 1998 Rams (4-12) to 1999 GSOT Ram's (13-3).

I dunno about that, but I think we get off the winning schneid...even with our actually hard schedule (suck it Patsies!).

Even if we go from 4-12 to 9-7... that'd be huge, not just as improvement goes, but to demonstrate that winning is the coherent blending of players and coaches, executing at the top of their respective games.

Even if our roster stayed exactly the same, I think we'd improve, but with roster changes as well, I expect we should see significant improvement.

Now if we had a schedule like those 1999 Rams or New England's schedule every year where every hard opponent is without their best player... then yeah, I could see that. Otherwise, I'm more seeing 9-7.

But it's still so early, we're still months away from FA, let alone the Draft...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff isn't Rodgers. He doesn't have the same arm talent. But he can be a damn good QB in his own right.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That's an incompletion in the NFL. :neener:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's an incompletion in the NFL. :neener:

This is true. We don't even have to get to the point of one foot vs. two feet. He's throwing to Rams WRs. The ball would bounce right off their hands. :LOL:

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Imagine what Jared Goff is going to do in this type of pass happy system with solid coaching.

Tell me guys who does this sequence of events remind you of. @Dxmissile @FRO @-X- @den-the-coach @jrry32 @Zero @LACHAMP46 @Mackeyser @Ramlock @Legatron4 @thirteen28 @OldSchool @RamFan503 @DaveFan'51

@ anybody whose worried about Jared Goff.

Aaron Rodgers

:
arodgers.0.gif

Must be a Cal thing ;)

Jared Goff
Angle 1:
source.gif

Angle 2: From Goff's perspective (same play)

d1f32c54d746f1f32f0ca78e532d98c2.gif

P.S: Jared Goff confirmed today on Dan Patrick show that though Joe Montana is his guy,
his favorite player in the NFL is Aaron Rodgers. He also worked out with him last summer.
When he do that in the pros in a playoff game then we can compare. College rules against a college defense doesn't equate

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'm gonna just stay quiet.....maybe chuckle under my breath. Nope I can't...

Aaron Rodgers may be the most complete athlete to EVER PLAY PRO FOOTBALL....ARM & LEGS TO MATCH A FOOTBALL INTELLIGENCE UNSEEN IN THIS GAME. HIS ATHLETIC ABILITY IS MATCHED BY HIS MENTAL ACUITY. DID YOU SEE THE BEGINNING OF THE GAME? MAYBE WON THE GAME RIGHT THERE...CAUSING PENALTIES...CONTINUING PLAYS AFTER THE WHISTLE. Definitely made Dallas LOOK out-coached.
I was looking at how some of these guys were throwing yesterday...Whose ball was floating...whose ball was zipping through my TV screen. How some guys threw outdoors...Who had the cannons? Who put the touch throws where they wanted it?
2 elite arms remain...and Big Ben's cannon isn't what it used to be...he also does that hard to tackle/sack thingy.
2 decent arms also....and I like the way Brady throws...Matty Ice too...
Something about the elite arms...on the road. They have a chance...a throwers chance. That's usually enough.