Peads final chance

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram4life11

Rookie
I feel tonight is a great opportunity for Pead to show his true value as playmaker and reliable back out of the backfield. He's been decent this preseason, could say he's been outplayed by Watts or maybe even Brown.

But I honestly feel tonight's the final opportunity for him, with Mason & Cunningham sitting out tonight, I would assume he gets the start, and also the bulk of the carries for the 1st half.

I feel he is not a lock on the 53 right now so tonight is BIG for him..

Thoughts?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
IMO Pead made the final roster when Watts got that four game suspension. Things might get interesting when Watts returns, but for now Pead can provide depth chart explosiveness at RB and he plays on teams. He's not on the bubble at all right now as far as I can see.

Brown is a solid rook but he doesn't have the big play ability that Pead brings. Fish is big on ability.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I think he's a lock for the first 4 games. Especially with Mason hurting. Outside of that I agree. But it's not like the OL has opened up any lanes for anyone in preseason thus far.

Big Game

Living The Dream
I agree with the other Posters Pead pretty much made the final 53 when Watts got the 4 games. And he has made a case to be on this team.

To be honest I think Chase Reynolds will be the one who gets cut.

We will see how they both play tonight.

FRO

Legend
I would cut bait. Give me Brown. He has looked better than Pead and Pead has had many chances already. Once Watts comes back he takes Brown's spot.

I know people will say Pead's special teams play is the reason we should keep him over Brown. With Gurley and Mason both questionable for the first game, I think we need the better RB. To me Brown is the better RB.

FRO

Legend
I agree with the other Posters Pead pretty much made the final 53 when Watts got the 4 games. And he has made a case to be on this team.

To be honest I think Chase Reynolds will be the one who gets cut.

We will see how they both play tonight.
Neither Pead or Reynolds are good RBs. If Pead is better than Reynolds on special teams, then he should make it. I really don't know who is better than who on special teams.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
The idea of watching the running backs tonight hit my head after work. It'll be very interesting to watch that battle as well. Seeing as right now Watts is out, Gurley is probably out, Mason is out (no idea on length of time - and hammies are bad). The start of the season is going to need someone like Pead to step up.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
The idea of watching the running backs tonight hit my head after work. It'll be very interesting to watch that battle as well. Seeing as right now Watts is out, Gurley is probably out, Mason is out (no idea on length of time - and hammies are bad). The start of the season is going to need someone like Pead to step up.

I mean Mason is out tonight. I think he'll be ready to play week 1 but you really don't know about hammies - he could reinjure right away too.

Maybe we'll see Gurley earlier than expected, I doubt this thought.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
and Pead has had many chances already.
I really do not know how people honestly believe this. He has been given very few chances. Then when he does get a chance he plays very well. He runs well, blocks well, and catches the ball well. Just because Fisher would not play him does not mean he sucks.
I would not be so quick to start cutting RB's until we see if Gurley survives.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seems like Pead has a job. I'd like to see him get more carries against Seattle. He's running with determination this year.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
I would cut bait. Give me Brown. He has looked better than Pead and Pead has had many chances already. Once Watts comes back he takes Brown's spot.

I know people will say Pead's special teams play is the reason we should keep him over Brown. With Gurley and Mason both questionable for the first game, I think we need the better RB. To me Brown is the better RB.

I think you could stash Brown on the practice squad and be safe.I'm pretty sure Peads not eligible.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
I really do not know how people honestly believe this. He has been given very few chances. Then when he does get a chance he plays very well. He runs well, blocks well, and catches the ball well. Just because Fisher would not play him does not mean he sucks.
I would not be so quick to start cutting RB's until we see if Gurley survives.
Pead has had many chances. In his rookie year he looked horrible in preseason. Very indecisive and couldn't find a hole... boucing everything to the outside. So they put him on kr. Omg he was horrible there too... being indecisive on when to bring the ball out, bobbling balls and fumbling. His fate was sealed in the 49ers game where he fumbled away the ball and he never so anymore kr action which was like the 4th game of the season. He had a few touches in regular duty and again fumbled a few times... His 2nd year the same continued as a rb. He got into a few games and fumbled a few times. He might have touched the ball 10 times and fumbled 3 up until the last few games of the season when he looked like he settled down. Then last year he gets hurt. He has looked decent this year but I'm not impressed.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Pead is a lock. We watched him all TC and he was very impressive. Tonight he showed why.

Brown won't make the practice squad because he'll be snatched up.

iced

Pead has had many chances. In his rookie year he looked horrible in preseason. Very indecisive and couldn't find a hole... boucing everything to the outside. So they put him on kr. Omg he was horrible there too... being indecisive on when to bring the ball out, bobbling balls and fumbling. His fate was sealed in the 49ers game where he fumbled away the ball and he never so anymore kr action which was like the 4th game of the season. He had a few touches in regular duty and again fumbled a few times... His 2nd year the same continued as a rb. He got into a few games and fumbled a few times. He might have touched the ball 10 times and fumbled 3 up until the last few games of the season when he looked like he settled down. Then last year he gets hurt. He has looked decent this year but I'm not impressed.

no his fate was sealed by his off the field immaturity at the time - since then he's pulled his head out of ass and contributed to this team.

The closet thing to a 3rd down back on this team, best in pass pro, and a stud on ST.

People that think that he was close to being cut are reacting more to his draft round instead of what he brings to the team. This coaching staff loves athletes and versatility, and he has an extremely low cap number - no way he was going anywhere