Pead's coming out party?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If you haven't listened to the audio in this post by username, give it a listen;

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.ramsondemand.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16480" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16480</a>

That was a great interview. He sounded different to me. Confident. Comfortable in his environment. Ready to play.

We all know the story with Pead. But... he really hasn't been used much in real games. This guy is potentially a goldmine. A high draft pick that we kind-of have forgotten about.

I'm not suggesting he gets more carries over DR... or unseats DR as the starter... But I DO think is possible Pead changes the conversation at RB in his favor over the next few weeks.

Let's get that process started this week!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
CGI_Ram said:
If you haven't listened to the audio in this post by username, give it a listen;

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.ramsondemand.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16480" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ramsondemand.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16480</a>

That was a great interview. He sounded different to me. Confident. Comfortable in his environment. Ready to play.

We all know the story with Pead. But... he really hasn't been used much in real games. This guy is potentially a goldmine. A high draft pick that we kind-of have forgotten about.

I'm not suggesting he gets more carries over DR... or unseats DR as the starter... But I DO think is possible Pead changes the conversation at RB in his favor over the next few weeks.

I guess it depends on how dinged up Richardson really is. I still don't think we know the full story there yet. And I'm not entirely sure that I want Pead to unseat Richardson unless he's just that much better. And Richardson is no slouch. For a small guy, he runs with lots of power, secures the ball, can get the edge, and has pretty decent hands. It certainly wouldn't break my heart if he actually becomes the feature back, because that will force Pead to work that much harder. I hope they both turn out great though. More good stuff for us.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
X said:
CGI_Ram said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.ramsondemand.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16480" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ramsondemand.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16480</a>

I guess it depends on how dinged up Richardson really is. I still don't think we know the full story there yet. And I'm not entirely sure that I want Pead to unseat Richardson unless he's just that much better. And Richardson is no slouch. For a small guy, he runs with lots of power, secures the ball, can get the edge, and has pretty decent hands. It certainly wouldn't break my heart if he actually becomes the feature back, because that will force Pead to work that much harder. I hope they both turn out great though. More good stuff for us.

Yeah watching DR last week you could tell he was playing with pain/on heart ,just apparent ,don't know how bad he's hurt but I was concerned it was worse than he was letting the Docs know.

A55VA6

Legend
I think being a kick returner is holding him back. He's not a returner. Make him just a RB.

I really hope Pead plays good. I want him to succeed.

Lesson

Oh, really?
While I want Pead to succeed, I want DR to as well. DR is performing right now how Pead should be performing. I like DR and his work ethic, but if Pead ever puts it fully together, I think he'll become the clear #1 RB based on his athleticism, while DR could slide into a #2 role if Pead ever reaches that potential.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
A55VA6 said:
I think being a kick returner is holding him back. He's not a returner. Make him just a RB.

I really hope Pead plays good. I want him to succeed.

Yeah I agree Pead doesnt need to be a KR. Besides, I like seeing Benny have the ball in his hands. He runs HARD! I like him a lot going forward. Stacy didn't show a whole lot last week but I'm sure the game hasn't slowed down for him yet.

If Pead Quick can come along, that draft class looks amazing!!!

If nothing else, Pead has GOT to hang onto the ball. Those Pre-season TO's may have taught him a lesson.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
I'm all for giving Isaiah his touches, just hold onto the ball ma man. We cannot afford many if any turnovers this week.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Thordaddy said:
Yeah watching DR last week you could tell he was playing with pain/on heart ,just apparent ,don't know how bad he's hurt but I was concerned it was worse than he was letting the Docs know.

Its an ankle & it was twisted & landed on by a Card in the late 2nd quarter. DR was not the same after that. Pead could help out a bunch Sunday along with Stacy too. DR lost a step & when he is touched he goes down. Pead should have a good day in place of an hurting DR.

iced

wouldn't be shocked to see the carries near 50/50 or maybe more for pead til DR's ankle is 100%.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
BonifayRam said:
Thordaddy said:

Its an ankle & it was twisted & landed on by a Card in the late 2nd quarter. DR was not the same after that. Pead could help out a bunch Sunday along with Stacy too. DR lost a step & when he is touched he goes down. Pead should have a good day in place of an hurting DR.

I thought they said it was a toe, and he was getting it looked at and taped up on the sidelines? Idk. Regardless he did practice all week right? Toe or an ankle either way it's not good. Let's hope he's 100% because we're gonna need him.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Username said:
BonifayRam said:
Thordaddy said:

I thought they said it was a toe, and he was getting it looked at and taped up on the sidelines? Idk. Regardless he did practice all week right? Toe or an ankle either way it's not good. Let's hope he's 100% because we're gonna need him.
He was held out of Wednesday's practice. Back in there the next day.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Pead fumbles, it's see ya later IMHO. I think he knows all eyes are on him and this is the last shot at glory with this unit, all depending on if he fumbles or not. Don't fumble, sleep with 2 balls at night, hold a ball 24/7, whatever it takes.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Pead can have all the talent in the world dont matter if he cant hold onto the ball. Some would argue about kick returns are why we worry about his fumbles. I say a hit is a hit and every one is gunning to turn you over especially since you have shown there are opportunities.

iced

RamsSince1969 said:
If Pead fumbles, it's see ya later IMHO. I think he knows all eyes are on him and this is the last shot at glory with this unit, all depending on if he fumbles or not. Don't fumble, sleep with 2 balls at night, hold a ball 24/7, whatever it takes.

I would hope he does every night :lol:

fearsomefour

Legend
I like Pead and Richardson as a combo. A good one two combo. Maybe it was his ankle but Richardson did not look good running side most of last week, he went down way to easy. Pead, being more of a traditional back, could have more success inside. I do like Richardson in the passing game, if teams are going to roll coverages and forget about Richardson that is fine with me. He is good in the open field, not much dancing around, gets squared up and picks up yards.
I am hoping that by the team we are entering the last third of the season teams are going to have to worry about mulitple threats at RB, TE and WR and multiple sets. Then it really comes down to just finding the mismatch.

Memphis Ram

Legend
CGI_Ram said:

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.ramsondemand.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16480" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16480</a>

Will he even be active this week? Or will they have 5 RBs active on gameday?

Richardson is the starter.
Reynolds seems to be a core special teamer.
Cunningham seems to be the kick returner.
And didn't Fisher state that he wanted Stacy to get more touches?

Surely, they wouldn't put him back there on kick off returns again!?!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Memphis Ram said:
CGI_Ram said:

Will he even be active this week? Or will they have 5 RBs active on gameday?

Richardson is the starter.
Reynolds seems to be a core special teamer.
Cunningham seems to be the kick returner.
And didn't Fisher state that he wanted Stacy to get more touches?

Surely, they wouldn't put him back there on kick off returns again!?!

Good question, Memphis.

Its going to be an interesting decision for Fisher. Pead as KR scares me... but I bet he does.

OcRamsFan

UDFA
I think we will get chance to see a lot of Pead Sunday.
You are right that he does sound confident, and I think that
is going to show on the field. I think these players believe
they can compete with anybody. Hopefully the coaches do
too, and stop with the conservative play calling on both
sides of the ball.

That Sig with Les Snead's hair is just fantastic.