Pead

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Speeps

Starter
CGI_Ram said:
Speeps said:
You're spot on. Especially about that confidence comment. In Fisher's presser today he stated that he made sure Pead got touches so he can go into the offseason with confidence.

If that's the case; mission accomplished. He had some nice runs.

Of all the positions... RB is usually a quick transitioning one. Either you can run or you can't.

I realize that's a tremendous over-simplification. NFL offenses are complex. To perform, you need to be confident in the calls, the reads, blocking, etc.

Of our top selections; Pead worries me most.
I think Pead will be fine. He has the talent, and did get past by Richardson which shook his confidence. More touches and commitment from the coaching staff will bode well for him.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I like Pead and I think we will see a lot more of him next year but I think it's important to resign SJ because neither Pead or Richardson are ready to be a "tote the load" back in the NFL just yet. This backfield could be a 3 headed monster if the rookies continue to improve and SJ is back like a beast.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
I don't know breaking arm tackles in the NFL, but on one of Pead's last runs he slipped under one tackle like he was soaped up.

X has it right. And while we're thinking back, Pead was one of those that couldn't attend OTAs because his college didn't graduate until June.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ram Quixote said:
I don't know breaking arm tackles in the NFL, but on one of Pead's last runs he slipped under one tackle like he was soaped up.

X has it right. And while we're thinking back, Pead was one of those that couldn't attend OTAs because his college didn't graduate until June.
NOT to mention he was part of the rookie dog and pony show the league put on and MAY WELL have been less intent upon proving himself.
As a second round pick, you are pretty well guarateed a year or two , Richardson knew he was a long shot and probably put in more effort, a dose of humility sometimes is needed.