Pead

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Played well ,IMO he puts Richardson on the bench next year

bluecoconuts

Legend
Did Richardson get hurt or what? I didn't see what he did at all, saw Pead averaged over 4 yards per carry though.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
bluecoconuts said:
Did Richardson get hurt or what? I didn't see what he did at all, saw Pead averaged over 4 yards per carry though.

Richardson has been running out of gas lately , hasn't looked that good in weeks.

I think Pead hits the hole better, more power, just was pressing a little early in the year.

GcBean

Rookie
Name
Gil
I know we all wanted the Rams to win tonight, but I absolutely enjoyed seeing Pead get his opportunity in a clutch moment. And he did well. I believe that was Fisher giving us all a glimpse of what's to come next season.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Pead looked good in that small dose.

I think Richardson is nothing more than a complementary player. I don't know if you could ever depend on Richardson to be the main back. Pead on the other hand still has the potential to be. Next season a lot of these second year players are going to turn some heads.

PhxRam

Sum1BTRthnU said:

I think Richardson is nothing more than a complementary player. I don't know if you could ever depend on Richardson to be the main back. Pead on the other hand still has the potential to be. Next season a lot of these second year players are going to turn some heads.

Care to explain where you had this opportunity to see his potential?

Sum1

Hall of Fame
PhxRam said:
Sum1BTRthnU said:

He was a second round draft pick. He was sat early on because of ball control issues. I think there is plenty of potential left to be shown.

I posted on stltoday the other day Peads rookie numbers compared to Darren Sproles...Peads are better.

Although his snap count was very little, in my opinion Pead looks much more like a back that can play a more featured role than Richardson...and I really like Richardson, I just don't see him being able to carry the rock for an entire game if needed.

PhxRam

Sum1BTRthnU said:
PhxRam said:
Sum1BTRthnU said:

He was a second round draft pick. He was sat early on because of ball control issues. I think there is plenty of potential left to be shown.

I posted on stltoday the other day Peads rookie numbers compared to Darren Sproles...Peads are better.

Although his snap count was very little, in my opinion Pead looks much more like a back that can play a more featured role than Richardson...and I really like Richardson, I just don't see him being able to carry the rock for an entire game if needed.

I understand he is a second round pick and that is precisely why I expected more out of him. I am still willing to give the guy time but I am not so ready to write off Richardson. Richardson beat out pead in camp and for good reason.

Btw.. What is stltoday???

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think Richardson is an impressive young back. Like any successful runner, he needs a block.

Pead looked okay. He just hasn't gotten the touches to show what he's capable of.

SJ is the only sure thing on this roster.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Sum1

Hall of Fame
PhxRam said:
Sum1BTRthnU said:
PhxRam said:
Sum1BTRthnU said:

I understand he is a second round pick and that is precisely why I expected more out of him. I am still willing to give the guy time but I am not so ready to write off Richardson. Richardson beat out pead in camp and for good reason.

Yes, ball control.

Not writing him off at all. I just really feel Pead has a bright future. Being a second round pick doesn't always mean you are an instant difference maker.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
One thing I noticed, being at the game, was SJ has kinda taken Richardson under his wing a bit. I didnt see Pead interact with the two of them at all. During RB warmups, it was SJ and Richardson, Pead was MIA.

Just found that to be interesting.

Pead played his game game by far today tho. He showed why he garnered a second round pick.

PhxRam

I guess I missed it all. The only thing I seen was a guy hit a few wide open holes aided by some end around trickery. If that is good for him, so be it.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
They'll both be fine.

Fumbling, missing holes, blocks at times. That's all rookie shit. Neither one was a heralded pass blocker coming out either as we know/knew haha. They'd be getting more snaps and proving it if Steven fucking Jackson wasn't the one in front of them obviously.

They're fine though. They both have good skill sets. The future is bright for the Rams backfield.

Even more of a reason to invest in the line.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Sum1BTRthnU said:
PhxRam said:
Sum1BTRthnU said:
PhxRam said:
Sum1BTRthnU said:

Yes, ball control.

Not writing him off at all. I just really feel Pead has a bright future. Being a second round pick doesn't always mean you are an instant difference maker.

Pead has good vision in setting up his blockers, and how the guy runs through tackles I'll never know, but he makes people miss. I said it after the draft. It's weird watching him run on film. It's like he's running through guys, but he's not trucking them, if that makes sense haha. It's almost like he just really good at making himself skinny, then he drives through people.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5hlYxkBJ0s[/youtube]

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'm rooting for Pead.

When I look at those highlights I see very good vision. That's probably his strength.

But I'm not sure I see much more? :peek:

He's breaking arm tackles NFL players don't miss. I also don't see dynamic "moves" (they are okay) or anything special with speed or power.

Will he succeed? I sure hope so! But I worry about this pick more than any of the others in the top of this draft.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I think Pead's just a slow developer. Which is fine. Some guys get to the dance and become a bit overwhelmed by how large it is, or they take a little longer to absorb an entire NFL offense. Granted we haven't seen a bunch from him this year, but that doesn't say much to me. He just needs to get to that next level where he realizes what he's capable of doing, and nothing else around him matters. He just doesn't seem to have a ton of confidence right now, but it should come. Quick is the same way, and I'm not worried about him either.

bluecoconuts

Legend
X said:
I think Pead's just a slow developer. Which is fine. Some guys get to the dance and become a bit overwhelmed by how large it is, or they take a little longer to absorb an entire NFL offense. Granted we haven't seen a bunch from him this year, but that doesn't say much to me. He just needs to get to that next level where he realizes what he's capable of doing, and nothing else around him matters. He just doesn't seem to have a ton of confidence right now, but it should come. Quick is the same way, and I'm not worried about him either.

That's essentially exactly how I feel. Similar to Pettis, most people thought he was gone during camp last year, especially with his suspension, but I felt he would be kept because he can develop. Sure enough he's becoming a reliable redzone target.

Lesson

Oh, really?
I think that Richardson wasn't as anxious as Pead was to start the preseason/season in terms of finding the hole. He'd let the play develop and find the hole while I think Pead was going where he was supposed to go but as the play would go on, the predetermined hole would close.

But I'm glad to not see Pead as anxious and perform how he did yesterday.

Speeps

Starter
X said:
You're spot on. Especially about that confidence comment. In Fisher's presser today he stated that he made sure Pead got touches so he can go into the offseason with confidence.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Speeps said:
You're spot on. Especially about that confidence comment. In Fisher's presser today he stated that he made sure Pead got touches so he can go into the offseason with confidence.

If that's the case; mission accomplished. He had some nice runs.

Of all the positions... RB is usually a quick transitioning one. Either you can run or you can't.

I realize that's a tremendous over-simplification. NFL offenses are complex. To perform, you need to be confident in the calls, the reads, blocking, etc.

Of our top selections; Pead worries me most.