Pead vs Stacey vs Cunningham

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Rabid Ram said:
CGI_Ram said:
RamFan503 said:
CGI_Ram said:
We've got a lot more data on Pead that we do Stacy and Cunningham.

To me, the depth chart is;

Richardson
Stacy
Cunningham
Pead

Hater! :tooth:

That wasn't an option! I chose realist! :sly:

I'm not rooting against anyone.
more like
Richardson
Cunningham
Stacy
Pead

Cunningham got a nice boost last night. I like him!

But; one night (against mostly 2nd stringers) doesn't catapult him up that far, IMO.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
bskrilla said:
Rabid Ram said:
Pass blocking can be improved and i think cunningham has the drive to do it. Pead has talent dont get me wrong but he isnt consistent enough for the nfl. I really dont care of your comparisons of sj to him they are 2 different styles of running back. Pead rarely waits for a hole and is to fast to the hole, or he bounces outside way to fast yet agan not giving a hole time to develop. Pead also dances to much instead of just planting and taking 1 to 3 yards he ends up with negative yards.

I haven't noticed this as a major trend and it definitely didn't happen last night. Here are his runs.

And then he had the 28 yarder called back on holding.

Also caught 2 passes for 16 yards.

it's not a major trend, or even a minor trend, because it doesn't happen. the only time I've seen him get negative yards is when the defender shoots the gap and pummels him as soon as he gets the handoff.

these people will change their tune soon enough.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
CGI_Ram said:
Cunningham got a nice boost last night. I like him!

But; one night (against mostly 2nd stringers) doesn't catapult him up that far, IMO.
Playing against 3rd stringers didnt catapult Pead much further either in the 2nd half. :ww:

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
How it will be - Drich, Pead, Stacy/Benj.

This is how it will look at 1st because Drich did well last year, Pead was a high pick so you gotta give home development time and Stacy & Benj are new to the show.

How I would like to see it - Stacy, Drich/Benj, Pead.

After watching Stacy in college, this kid looks like a bigger MJD and most of all? a every down back. Drich & Benj look great, cant complain. Pead... I'm hoping can get on track. He was fantastic in college but just cant get a hold of the NFL. MELTDOWN?

These are just my opinions/predictions, wtf do I know lol

lockdnram21

Legend
LosAngelesRams said:

This is how it will look at 1st because Drich did well last year, Pead was a high pick so you gotta give home development time and Stacy & Benj are new to the show.

After watching Stacy in college, this kid looks like a bigger MJD and most of all? a every down back. Drich & Benj look great, cant complain. Pead... I'm hoping can get on track. He was fantastic in college but just cant get a hold of the NFL. MELTDOWN?

Switch Stacy and cunningham thats how I see it

jjab360

Legend
Calling it right now, Cunningham is our RB of the future.

He has the burst of Richardson and the power of Zac Stacy all mixed into one. And I'm not just basing this off of Thursday's game, this guy has it all as a runner. No wasted movements, always breaks the first tackle, flashy open field moves when he needs them. You can tell he has that speed and extra gear from his kickoff returns, and his game against Georgia Tech, where he had 5 TD runs and 2 called back by penalty, was nothing less than amazing. He was rumored to be a 4.3 guy before the injury, and it looks like he's fully healthy. Physically, he's built like the Muscle Hampster down in Tampa Bay, and he runs like it too.

Remember where you heard it first, this guy is going to be a stud.

jap

Legend
jjab360 said:
Calling it right now, Cunningham is our RB of the future.

He has the burst of Richardson and the power of Zac Stacy all mixed into one. And I'm not just basing this off of Thursday's game, this guy has it all as a runner. No wasted movements, always breaks the first tackle, flashy open field moves when he needs them. You can tell he has that speed and extra gear from his kickoff returns, and his game against Georgia Tech, where he had 5 TD runs and 2 called back by penalty, was nothing less than amazing. He was rumored to be a 4.3 guy before the injury, and it looks like he's fully healthy. Physically, he's built like the Muscle Hampster down in Tampa Bay, and he runs like it too.

Remember where you heard it first, this guy is going to be a stud.

You are not nearly the first to say this. Several people on this very forum remarked very positively on Benny's potential just based on his collegiate production alone. He still has to do against NFL starters, but his pre-season growth is what some have been hoping for.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
lockdnram21 said:
LosAngelesRams said:

Switch Stacy and cunningham thats how I see it

It could happen, Benj looked like a stand and up guy too during interveiws, real humble.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
CoachO said:
I know I am in the minority here, but I am seeing something totally different in Pead than the majority. Before I say why, I will be the first to acknowledge the back security is an issue, especially on the kickoff returns.

But for those of you who seem to think he hasn't shown any production carrying the ball out of the backfield, I guess we are just watching different things. Last night, his cuts were decisive, and his BEST run was called back on a holding penalty.

There isn't another RB on the roster who gets to the corner, and out runs a guy who has an angle on him on the 28 yard run. And please don't tell me he doesn't get the corner without the hold. He was already on the edge BEFORE the hold took place.

They ran him on 2 or 3 stretch plays, and his cuts were decisive, and gained 6-7 yards per carry.

I really don't understand what some people EXPECT out of him, but he has shown me he is more than capable of being a PRODUCTIVE RB in this league.

His blitz pickup is BY FAR, the best of anyone on the roster. And he seems to be showing much more confidence as the preseason as gone on.

For those of you who continue to question his role, how soon we forget about how many of Steven Jackson's typical game would be. Plenty of 1-2 yards carries, more than his share of carries for loss, then he would "break" loose for a 12-14 yard gain.

This is what I envision to happen throughout this year with BOTH Pead and Richardson. Plenty of less than stellar carries, but this difference being, when they "break" one, its going to be for 20+ yards.

Stacy will get his carries in "crunch time" short yardage situations. HE will split those reps with Richardson, most likely getting the majority of his reps to help close out games when we have the lead in the second half.

I agree with you Coach. Pead is a little frustrating sometimes that's for sure. But he took 2-3 swing passes in the preseason that should of went for a loss or little gain. But he put moves on the DB that I don't know anyone else would of or could of for a first down. Let's be fair also, some of the carries he got he was absolutely stuffed from zero blocking. I think we all agree Pead has done the best job in blitz pickup and in this offense that's pretty damn important. He doesn't always protect the ball very well which is a concern but just from an overall skill set he has the best upside of any of the RB's. Does he live up to it? That's the big question.

So, Richardson is # 1 for now. Only thing with him is once he gets hit, he's down. He's not going to break tackles or get too many extra yards after contact.

I have Pead #2. Just me, but for the reasons above, he just is the most explosive option we have. Maybe risk/reward but just my opinion.

#3 Cunningham. Maybe I'm a homer but I've liked the kid since day 1. I don't clame to be an expert but when I look at Bennie VS Zac I see essentially the same players only Bennie having a little more speed. Call me nuts but if he was the starter I would be ok with it. :boing:

#4 Stacy. - I was never a huge fan of him. He is a good, hard runner but nothing fancy and is probably never going to break the long run unless everything is perfect.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I fully expect we give Pead every opportunity to nail down the #2 spot in week 2.

The only reason this won't happen; if Stacy or Cunningham blow it up week 1.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I don't think any of these guys are the future unless Pead can start playing up to his potential.

All the rest seem like back ups or 1b types of players. DRich runs like a powerback and doesn't even meet the 200lb mark. That won't make for a long career.