Pead vs Niners

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Selvie stepped on D Rich's foot (the one with the issue) right away in the dallas game. Re-aggravating it. So he sat out Sunday's mess.

I did read something this morning that D Rich says he's playing Thursday. And let me just say this,,, I feel much more confident with D Rich playing than I do with Pead.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Speeps said:
Fisher needs to stop this Bennie Cunningham garbage and let Pead play. The guy has talent. If we're worrying about him making mistakes, how is that different from anyone else that played these last three weeks, because lets face it, we're not seeing good football. Let him play, make his mistakes, and coach him up. I fail to see why Cunningham is on this roster, and why he's retruning kicks. I mean, he's slow, and just doesnt have the vision.

I disagree. IMO, Benny Cunningham (who averaged 4.0 yards on his 4 carries btw), needs to keep getting reps (preferably behind a legit FB) and Pead should be the 3rd down back.

Pead had good vision in space (though he tends to trip over his own feet), but shows very little in between the tackles. In fact, the last few runs I watched it looked like he ran into the line and curled up into a ball.

The running game as a whole needs a lot of work during the break after this game. The timing is off. The linemen aren't moving anybody. AND I'll say it until I'm blue in the face. Lance Kendricks is not a FB. He's good for wham block on a unsuspecting defender. Good at setting the edge. But, leading a back through a hole? No freaking way. I was embarrassed for him Sunday. And even on those plays when he gets his block, he's just in the way. He's not punishing or moving anybody from the FB spot.

For the love of all things football, Jeff Fisher get FB John "The Terminator" Conner on this football team.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
X said:
Thordaddy said:
I probably saw a third of the game, after the first quarter i never saw more than three plays in a row , haven't had the time nor desire to watch it (wonder why?)
FWIW there was only one guy that impressed me from what I saw, Pead, IMO if you put him in and let him get a rhythm going ,hell do well.

Running back by committee is all well and good,if your personnel do well in their assigned capacity, but some guys don't do well with it, need to get hit a few time before they quit thinking and start playing, I'm not sayin' Pead is "that guy" I am sayin he was a damn good back when we drafted him and something happened.

I'm not second guessing the coach , but I'd like to give Pead the start and time to get into the flow, he's the best three down back we have ,I'll argue till my keyboard melts that is true.
I just noticed (again) that one of Fisher's better seasons was the result of having C.J. and Fat Boy toting the rock to the tune of over 2000 yards combined, and their best receiver (Justin Gage) had less than 700 yards. They were also 2nd in the league on defense in terms of points allowed. So his ball-control methodology can work (maybe), but not with the way the defense is playing lately. And yes, that did work against guys like Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers.
OK SO then |WHY TH|E H|ELL trade up for TA sign another rec to a fat FA contract, use a second on Quick, THE Ball control offense theory isn't consistent with his behavior ,did I mention he llet SJ walk too?
Nah, this is the worm tryin' to break out of the cocoon IMO

Gotta go take momma some water in the hosp .she won't drink nuthin but bottles.

iced

Selassie I said:
Selvie stepped on D Rich's foot (the one with the issue) right away in the dallas game. Re-aggravating it. So he sat out Sunday's mess.

I did read something this morning that D Rich says he's playing Thursday. And let me just say this,,, I feel much more confident with D Rich playing than I do with Pead.

Seriously? Drich reminds me of a lighter steven jackson - tackled at first contact, with injury lacks the burst and speed, needs everything to be blocked...doesnt make anyone else miss

Pead all the way - clearly the most talented of the backs, get him some reps

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
iced said:
Selassie I said:

Seriously? Drich reminds me of a lighter steven jackson - tackled at first contact, with injury lacks the burst and speed, needs everything to be blocked...doesnt make anyone else miss

But he's not getting the reps. He's getting beat out for playing time over Daryl and Benny freakin Cunningham. Hell, a WR (Tavon) started over him.

I'm sorry but so far Isaiah Pead has done nothing to earn playing time, until very late in games. People compare him to LeSean McCoy, please just stop. LeSean actually got time over Brian Westbrook and showed plenty while doing so. Isaiah Pead? Nothing.

I'm beginning to grow weary of waiting for this RB to step up. It's now or never, and if he doesn't, might be best to cut our losses. Hope I'm wrong, I just don't see it happening with Isaiah.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
iced said:
Selassie I said:

As long as his foot doesn't hinder his play... I'd take D Rich over Pead. Pead lacks confidence or has a screw loose upstairs... maybe both. I just don't trust him to do much more than block on passing situations.

The kid is clearly physically gifted. Young RBs should and do make the transition from college to the pros very quickly. Why not Pead ? It's not for a lack of ability physically... it's mental... and that shit leads to major mistakes. I just can't find a reason to trust him yet,,, and I get the feeling the coaching staff doesn't trust him either.

iced

Angry Ram said:
iced said:
Selassie I said:

But he's not getting the reps. He's getting beat out for playing time over Daryl and Benny freakin Cunningham. Hell, a WR (Tavon) started over him.

I'm sorry but so far Isaiah Pead has done nothing to earn playing time, until very late in games. People compare him to LeSean McCoy, please just stop. LeSean actually got time over Brian Westbrook and showed plenty while doing so. Isaiah Pead? Nothing.

I'm beginning to grow weary of waiting for this RB to step up. It's now or never, and if he doesn't, might be best to cut our losses. Hope I'm wrong, I just don't see it happening with Isaiah.

This is not true - Pead got most of the snaps last week.

He had 42 offensive snaps, Cunningham had 22, Richardson had 2 (Reinjured foot).

Pead is in the same boat as Quick for me - I don't get why they're not starting, because clearly they should be starting over whats in front of them. Just like some of you don't understand what some of us see in Pead - I feel the same way about Drich and Cunningham...

Pead is more athletic back and so far has shown he can break tackles/dodge them - haven't seen this from any other RB. Many times I've seen Pead make something out of nothing, and I've seen the other ball carriers just take a loss...

As long as his foot doesn't hinder his play... I'd take D Rich over Pead. Pead lacks confidence or has a screw loose upstairs... maybe both. I just don't trust him to do much more than block on passing situations.

The kid is clearly physically gifted. Young RBs should and do make the transition from college to the pros very quickly. Why not Pead ? It's not for a lack of ability physically... it's mental... and that shyte leads to major mistakes. I just can't find a reason to trust him yet,,, and I get the feeling the coaching staff doesn't trust him either.

I don't get how his screws are loose upstairs yet he's solid at picking up the correct assignments? (unlike the rest of the line).

I've seen enough of Drich - I don't want a back that needs perfect blocking on every play to have a positive carry... It's called MAKE a play - and i only see this in pead

Angry Ram

iced said:
Angry Ram said:
iced said:
Selassie I said:

This is not true - Pead got most of the snaps last week.

He had 42 offensive snaps, Cunningham had 22, Richardson had 2 (Reinjured foot).

Pead is in the same boat as Quick for me - I don't get why they're not starting, because clearly they should be starting over whats in front of them. Just like some of you don't understand what some of us see in Pead - I feel the same way about Drich and Cunningham...

Pead is more athletic back and so far has shown he can break tackles/dodge them - haven't seen this from any other RB. Many times I've seen Pead make something out of nothing, and I've seen the other ball carriers just take a loss...

Still not involved as much as the other two. He's not getting runs, he's not getting the start. Why, IDK. I also don't where you've seen him make something out of nothing. College? I haven't seen anything in the pros.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Memphis Ram said:
For the love of all things football, Jeff Fisher get FB John "The Terminator" Conner on this football team.

Oh my god yes! That kid lays the smack down on people.

iced

Angry Ram said:
Still not involved as much as the other two. He's not getting runs, he's not getting the start. Why, IDK. I also don't where you've seen him make something out of nothing. College? I haven't seen anything in the pros.

The other 2? Seriously? He led the team in catches AND carries, clearly has more involvement than cunningham. If what you said was true, cunningham would have had 42 snaps instead of Pead.

Pros? Easy - put on the tape from last year at Seattle. He had a couple runs where he is hit behind the line and turns something negative into a positive

and he did it sunday - broke a tackle from the DT hatcher that would have been no gain into a 11 yard gain

nighttrain

Legend
iced said:
Angry Ram said:

The other 2? Seriously? He led the team in catches AND carries, clearly has more involvement than cunningham. If what you said was true, cunningham would have had 42 snaps instead of Pead.

Pros? Easy - put on the tape from last year at Seattle. He had a couple runs where he is hit behind the line and turns something negative into a positive

and he did it sunday - broke a tackle from the DT hatcher that would have been no gain into a 11 yard gain
With DR hurting and not 100%, perfect time to start Pead and give him 30 touches, 20 by run, 10 by pass
train

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Pulling up SJAX's stats on ESPN, he wasn't all that productive, but still had over 20 carries against San Fran.

@9er's
29 carries, 101 yds., 3.5 avg., long of 10, and 1 TD

HOME
21 carries, 48 yds., 2.3 avg., long of 9, 0 TD

Pead can most certainly do this and more. We just can't get behind early and abandon the run.

Source:

<a class="postlink" href="http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/5549/year/2012/steven-jackson" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_ ... en-jackson</a>

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
nighttrain said:
With DR hurting and not 100%, perfect time to start Pead and give him 30 touches, 20 by run, 10 by pass
train

THAT

Let's end the debate (or make it hotter) by seeing what he's got. I would rest RD or make him second and give Pead a shot to break out. Design some plays that take advantage of his strengths and at least try some ball control.

AND mix in some TA on some well designed run plays. It's just getting silly how poorly they are using him.

fearsomefour

Legend
Agreed.
Now is the game to see what Pead can do. Jackson got plenty of opportunities because the Rams didnt have much else. The O has improved on paper at WR and TE. Not enough consistant results to turn into a one dimensional offense. Pound the rock this week and watch the passing game open up.

Angry Ram

iced said:
Angry Ram said:

Only b/c Daryl is hurt.

A couple runs against Seattle isn't enough, especially the last game of the season. One run on Sunday isn't enough.

I'm not saying I don't like him, I just don't see the big deal of him. A RB shouldn't take this long to make an impact, and if has anything like Lesean McCoy he would've shown it by now, but he hasn't. Which is too bad. If he can't get it going as a runner, it just won't be worth it to wait. That's all I'm saying.

iced

Angry Ram said:
iced said:
Angry Ram said:

Only b/c Daryl is hurt.

A couple runs against Seattle isn't enough, especially the last game of the season. One run on Sunday isn't enough.

I'm not saying I don't like him, I just don't see the big deal of him. A RB shouldn't take this long to make an impact, and if has anything like Lesean McCoy he would've shown it by now, but he hasn't. Which is too bad. If he can't get it going as a runner, it just won't be worth it to wait. That's all I'm saying.

it wasn't just one run (against the best run d in the nfl mind you) - he had a couple behind the LOS last year/this pre-season.. i never compared him to mccoy either.

but pead has shown more with his little than drich has with his bulk - thats for sure to me.

And that one run sunday was more broken tackles than any of other backs - just saying, now that put that sample size in perspective... pead has 11 touches and more broken tackles than the starting back..

nighttrain

Legend
iced said:
Angry Ram said:
iced said:
Angry Ram said:

Only b/c Daryl is hurt.

it wasn't just one run (against the best run d in the nfl mind you) - he had a couple behind the LOS last year/this pre-season.. i never compared him to mccoy either.

but pead has shown more with his little than drich has with his bulk - thats for sure to me.

And that one run sunday was more broken tackles than any of other backs - just saying, now that put that sample size in perspective... pead has 11 touches and more broken tackles than the starting back..
I'm voting Pead, i think he needs a chance, plus he can block for Sam. Only back i'e seen able
train

jap

Legend
The one thing we haven't seen with Pead yet is an opportunity to get a considerable number of carries in a single game. Some RB's, especially those used to being a bell cow, need to get a good number of carries to really get into a rhythm. Isaiah has only received spot duty as a runner thus far. He may have gotten more carries last Sunday if the Rams didn't have to toss the game plan into the toilet so soon. If he knows he is gonna be the Man at least for this game, maybe he will stop putting too much pressure on himself and just play ball.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Everything I have seen from Pead has been utterly unimpressive and sometimes destructive to the team. Coach Fish sees him in practice and there must be a reason he is holding him out of games. However, with DRich busted up and no other great options, we have to give Pead yet another shot to prove himself. I really want they guy to perform but I don't trust him in a big game like this considering his track record. We need a run game so badly, maybe T Austin could take a few carries?

nighttrain

Legend
Ramrasta said:
Everything I have seen from Pead has been utterly unimpressive and sometimes destructive to the team. Coach Fish sees him in practice and there must be a reason he is holding him out of games. However, with DRich busted up and no other great options, we have to give Pead yet another shot to prove himself. I really want they guy to perform but I don't trust him in a big game like this considering his track record. We need a run game so badly, maybe T Austin could take a few carries?
another chance? I must have missed the first one :huh:
train