Pead clears waivers, put on Rams IR

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
There isn't a RB on this team who can do what Pead did on this play (unfortunate that Bradford didn't see him).
Watch the top of the screen after he goes in motion.

I've said it before and I saw somebody else say it, but we should have used Pead in a Shane Vereen type role to get him on the field and use his talents. He would wreak havoc in that role I think.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Matched up against just a linebacker I'm not too sure that Cunningham or Mason couldn't have done the same thing.
I seriously doubt it. Neither of them has the explosiveness or hips that Pead has.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
We're gonna miss what Pead was gonna do this year. I hope he can return to his explosiveness and finally prove his worth.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
We're gonna miss what Pead was gonna do this year. I hope he can return to his explosiveness and finally prove his worth.

I hope this is the final thing that humbles him. I don't like what I heard about him missing meetings and his team mates not liking him. Dude could be a poor man's Faulk if he put his mind to it.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Calling it right now, Benny Cunningham will be our Darren Sproles.

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
Maybe it gives the full back Kadeem (sp?) Jones a chance to make the roster. We can go with Mason, Austin, Reynolds, Cunningham and or Stacy as our 3DRB - but having jones in on 3rd down as a blocker who could release into the flat if he's neglected by the defence could be useful - he's also a pretty talented fullback so even though we haven't used the position recently (with just Kendricks being used to WHAM occasionally on running plays) having a real full back in there could help our running game even more!
Jones work on the heavy weight blocking bag was worse than Mason's.....it was awful

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
First I hope the Rams never draft another player from a college program that is on the quarter system......unless of course they are really good.....then draft away.

There has been more side talk at camp this year between the players, the fans and the front office people than at any time since all the equipment people bitched about Spags at the fence.

If you can believe everything you hear Pead was nobody's friend on the team. I think the lack of a rookie camp and OTA's severely hurt him with his teammates. Then his rookie year he had an aura and air of arrogance and nobody bought into it.

Raw talent, foot speed, change of direction and cutting ability there is not a back on the team including our starter that can touch him. Something else is missing with Pead and I hope he discovers it in his time off.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
First I hope the Rams never draft another player from a college program that is on the quarter system......unless of course they are really good.....then draft away.

There has been more side talk at camp this year between the players, the fans and the front office people than at any time since all the equipment people bitched about Spags at the fence.

If you can believe everything you hear Pead was nobody's friend on the team. I think the lack of a rookie camp and OTA's severely hurt him with his teammates. Then his rookie year he had an aura and air of arrogance and nobody bought into it.

Raw talent, foot speed, change of direction and cutting ability there is not a back on the team including our starter that can touch him. Something else is missing with Pead and I hope he discovers it in his time off.
I there anyone on the team that has befriended him?
Everything I read about him is negative.

Well, that's true ... but ... the credit goes to the Rams for that one.

You had to remind me of Craig Dahl :mad:, why don't you just piss in my corn flakes next time, it should taste better :p.

Can you miss absolutely nothing?

Rambition

Rookie
To add a RB who can pass pro and catch? I agree. Stacy and Cunny are young and are similar in their style and abilities. Mason is a rook. It wouldn't be a bad idea to add a vet there. Not every player on this roster needs to be under 25.
good points, although you might want to rethink "cunny," lol.

Rambition

Rookie
Huh? Doubt Pead was going to see any snaps over Cunningham and Mason anyway, that was if he even made the team.
i was hearing that pead was ahead of mason at the point where he went down...not as a result of running the ball, but as a result of his pass-blocking and pass-catching and special teams work.

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
The running backs use a boxing bag during a lot of their blocking drills....as a big Mason fan can I just say his reps on the bag are embarrassing......he doesn't pop the bag at all and 'tagging" it is putting it mildly. I thought originally he would push Stacy for carries, not so sure anymore.

A55VA6

Legend
The running backs use a boxing bag during a lot of their blocking drills....as a big Mason fan can I just say his reps on the bag are embarrassing......he doesn't pop the bag at all and 'tagging" it is putting it mildly. I thought originally he would push Stacy for carries, not so sure anymore.
I thought the same thing about Mason, but it looks like right now Cunningham will get a nice chunk of the carries this season. When Benny got the opportunity last season he really impressed me. He had one hell of a game against Chicago.

I thought the same thing about Mason, but it looks like right now Cunningham will get a nice chunk of the carries this season. When Benny got the opportunity last season he really impressed me. He had one hell of a game against Chicago.

Didn't every RB, they were one of the worst run Ds ever.

wrstdude

Rookie
Considering that skill players are rarely completed recovered and able to regain all their abilities after only a year removed from major knee surgery, I have little faith he'll ever be one of our 53 again. Hope I'm wrong.

Maybe 10 years ago, now it's the norm to be back before a year.

Signed,
Sam Bradford
Jake Long
Darrelle Revis
Adrian Peterson
et al

Alan

Legend
wrstdude forgetting some examples on our own team:
Maybe 10 years ago, now it's the norm to be back before a year.
One need only look at Davin Joseph and Kenny Britt to find examples of what I'm talking about. There's a big difference between getting back on the field and getting back to pre-injury levels of play.

The techniques used for the surgery have gotten better though. Here's an interesting article on the subject:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...-all-knee-injuries-recovery-periods-are-alike
NFL players find not all knee injuries, recovery periods are alike
Despite the remarkable recovery of Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson two years ago, not every player rehabbing from a knee injury will be back on the field in eight months.

NFL Network Health and Safety Chief Correspondent Andrea Kremer said while there is no cookie-cutter timetable for bouncing back from ACL injuries, some NFL players believe they are not 100 percent back from knee surgeries until as many as three seasons after the injury.

"Every body is different," Kremer said Thursday on "NFL Total Access." "Every knee heals differently. And every ACL injury is unique because there is different amounts of damage that has been sustained to the knee."

Last year, Kremer chronicled
Darrelle Revis' comeback from a major knee injury. She noted that for many NFL players their knee is stronger the second season after the surgery.

"Revis made the Pro Bowl last year, but he'd be the first to tell you that it's this upcoming season that the 'Island' will be officially open for business," she said. "And there are equally high expectations for (Robert Griffin III) for this upcoming season."

Arizona Cardinals quarterback Carson Palmer, who came back from an ACL tear during a 2006 playoff game with the Cincinnati Bengals, said it's tough enough preparing for the season healthy.

"To add a surgery like that, it's just a long, long grind," Palmer said. "You go through so many different emotions and so many physical struggles."

Famed orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews said the athlete may not always understand how severe the injury can be. He said it may take more than a year for some athletes to get the strength back in their quads alone.

A 2010 study found that one third of the players who suffered an ACL injury did not return to the NFL after the surgery. The ones who made it back needed an average of 11 months of recovery before playing again.

"I think the first season back is just scary," said Palmer, who thinks recovery can take as much as three seasons. "You're told that it will hold up and you're told that it's ready, but until you get onto the field, and get hit low a couple times ... until that happens, you don't really know that it is completely healed.

" ... I thought that I would get that same push-off, that same drive. The truth of the matter is, you'll never to get to exactly where that knee was before it was cut open and things were moved around."

Also, Kremer said studies show that there is a 5-6 percent chance of a recurrent injury to the same knee within two years.

wrstdude

Rookie
One need only look at Davin Joseph and Kenny Britt to find examples of what I'm talking about. There's a big difference between getting back on the field and getting back to pre-injury levels of play.

The techniques used for the surgery have gotten better though. Here's an interesting article on the subject:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...-all-knee-injuries-recovery-periods-are-alike
NFL players find not all knee injuries, recovery periods are alike
Despite the remarkable recovery of Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson two years ago, not every player rehabbing from a knee injury will be back on the field in eight months.

NFL Network Health and Safety Chief Correspondent Andrea Kremer said while there is no cookie-cutter timetable for bouncing back from ACL injuries, some NFL players believe they are not 100 percent back from knee surgeries until as many as three seasons after the injury.

"Every body is different," Kremer said Thursday on "NFL Total Access." "Every knee heals differently. And every ACL injury is unique because there is different amounts of damage that has been sustained to the knee."

Last year, Kremer chronicled
Darrelle Revis' comeback from a major knee injury. She noted that for many NFL players their knee is stronger the second season after the surgery.

"Revis made the Pro Bowl last year, but he'd be the first to tell you that it's this upcoming season that the 'Island' will be officially open for business," she said. "And there are equally high expectations for (Robert Griffin III) for this upcoming season."

Arizona Cardinals quarterback Carson Palmer, who came back from an ACL tear during a 2006 playoff game with the Cincinnati Bengals, said it's tough enough preparing for the season healthy.

"To add a surgery like that, it's just a long, long grind," Palmer said. "You go through so many different emotions and so many physical struggles."

Famed orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews said the athlete may not always understand how severe the injury can be. He said it may take more than a year for some athletes to get the strength back in their quads alone.

A 2010 study found that one third of the players who suffered an ACL injury did not return to the NFL after the surgery. The ones who made it back needed an average of 11 months of recovery before playing again.

"I think the first season back is just scary," said Palmer, who thinks recovery can take as much as three seasons. "You're told that it will hold up and you're told that it's ready, but until you get onto the field, and get hit low a couple times ... until that happens, you don't really know that it is completely healed.

" ... I thought that I would get that same push-off, that same drive. The truth of the matter is, you'll never to get to exactly where that knee was before it was cut open and things were moved around."

Also, Kremer said studies show that there is a 5-6 percent chance of a recurrent injury to the same knee within two years.

Certainly the knee will be better in the 2nd year and each successive year-I never argued otherwise. Only that players are in fact coming back well before a year post surgery. We could argue overall effectiveness of that player but that would be largely dependent on each player; like how dedicated to rehab, previous knee injuries, other structural damage etc. There's a senior football player who I coach who is back this season after tearing his ACL 6 1/2 months ago-fully cleared by his doctor.