Pead clears waivers, put on Rams IR

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Update:

Former Rams second-round pick RB Isaiah Pead officially cleared waivers on Thursday and will now revert to the team’s injured reserve list.

Pead, 24, suffered a torn ACL during Saturday’s second preseason game. The injury was obvious as he wasn’t contacted by a Packers players before going down.

Given the fact that he suffered a serious injury, it’s not all that surprising to see him go unclaimed.

http://nfltraderumors.co/rams-waivedinjured-rb-isaiah-pead/

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Cool. Now go try to find a 3rd down back for THIS season.
You have a problem with Le Flama Blanca?

GResAVM.jpg

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Hey - Pead had to learn pass-pro, maybe Mason will as well.

Alan

Legend
Considering that skill players are rarely completed recovered and able to regain all their abilities after only a year removed from major knee surgery, I have little faith he'll ever be one of our 53 again. Hope I'm wrong.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Just use whoever we used for all but the 18 plays Pead played for the last 12 games last season. Can't be that hard.
To add a RB who can pass pro and catch? I agree. Stacy and Cunny are young and are similar in their style and abilities. Mason is a rook. It wouldn't be a bad idea to add a vet there. Not every player on this roster needs to be under 25.

FRO

Legend
Tavon Austin as the third down back? Would work but I highly doubt he could pass protect. I don't think we will miss Pead as a RB. Stacy, Cunningham, and Mason make a great trio. We will miss Pead on special teams. Chase Reynolds spot on the roster is pretty safe now.

To add a RB who can pass pro and catch? I agree. Stacy and Cunny are young and are similar in their style and abilities. Mason is a rook. It wouldn't be a bad idea to add a vet there. Not every player on this roster needs to be under 25.

Not sure how effective Pead was at pass protection and catching from the bench on 99% of plays.

Losing Pead changes nothing on O, if we were happy with what we had before we should but just as happy today, if we thought we needed a vet before Pead went down then we need a vet now.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Not sure how effective Pead was at pass protection and catching from the bench on 99% of plays.

Losing Pead changes nothing on O, if we were happy with what we had before we should but just as happy today, if we thought we needed a vet before Pead went down then we need a vet now.
Well that's just it, i wasn't happy with it. The Rams clearly want to protect Bradford and have added depth and talent to the OLine, but currently have a stable of RB's who aren't proven pass protectors or threats out of the backfield(minus Tavon).

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Maybe this will give him a new outlook on life. I can't think of a Ram witchin the last 5 years who could use it. Pead just never really "got it." The light bulb has been dim and never got brighter.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Maybe it gives the full back Kadeem (sp?) Jones a chance to make the roster. We can go with Mason, Austin, Reynolds, Cunningham and or Stacy as our 3DRB - but having jones in on 3rd down as a blocker who could release into the flat if he's neglected by the defence could be useful - he's also a pretty talented fullback so even though we haven't used the position recently (with just Kendricks being used to WHAM occasionally on running plays) having a real full back in there could help our running game even more!

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Considering that skill players are rarely completed recovered and able to regain all their abilities after only a year removed from major knee surgery, I have little faith he'll ever be one of our 53 again. Hope I'm wrong.
I agree Al. I don't see him making the team next season.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Huh? Doubt Pead was going to see any snaps over Cunningham and Mason anyway, that was if he even made the team.
Agreed. Probably not. That doesn't change my opinion that we're lacking in versatility in the backfield. I think a few of you are confusing my stance on the RB's just because i'm speaking out on it now that Pead is done. I felt this way at the beginning of camp. It's just slightly more of a concern now.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Well that's just it, i wasn't happy with it. The Rams clearly want to protect Bradford and have added depth and talent to the OLine, but currently have a stable of RB's who aren't proven pass protectors or threats out of the backfield(minus Tavon).
There isn't a RB on this team who can do what Pead did on this play (unfortunate that Bradford didn't see him).
Watch the top of the screen after he goes in motion.

Athos

Legend
Pead never saw the field pretty ever. Not big loss. Bennie will step up.

jjab360

Legend
There isn't a RB on this team who can do what Pead did on this play (unfortunate that Bradford didn't see him).
Watch the top of the screen after he goes in motion.

Matched up against just a linebacker I'm not too sure that Cunningham or Mason couldn't have done the same thing.