Pd: Grades For Rams Season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Im not looking. I think we should be graded by our growth of the young guys being Clemens played as much as Bradford.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
The Rams were a sub .500 team. He gave them a lot of C and D grades. I think that is about right.

Alan

Legend
My grades vs JT's grades:
QB = C+ JT = C+
RB = B JT = C
WR = D+ JT = D
TE/FB = B- JT = C+
OL = B- JT = B-
DL = B+ JT = B+
LB = C+ JT = C+
DB = D JT = D
ST = B- JT = B-
Coach = C- JT = C+

jap

Legend
JT is giving them tough love, and they need it. The Horns are in the NFL's toughest division and that is highlighted by the speculation of at least one inside observer that they very probably could have been a playoff team had they been in another NFL division. The OL mess has to be cleaned up, and, thankfully, we have professor emeritus, Coach Bou, overseeing that operation. It would be even better if Fish provides Coach Bou with some blue chip talent for once instead of having to work with sloppy seconds. I don't mind the interest in a bonifide #1 WR target as Sam has never enjoyed that since he became a Horn. Of course, giving Coach Bou Grade A 1st round talent is always a win-win. Securing a dominant DE (Clowney, of course), CB, or FS would be key to creating a nightmare defensive unit.

One thing is key, however. If 2014 is designed to be the designated playoff year (never mind that the Horns may have very well squeaked in this year had Sam the Ram been healthy), then they have to hit on difference makers in this draft. They did a superb job with Tavon and 'Tree last April. This year, collecting players like Clowney, Watkins, Matthews or Robinson, Denard or a top FS would be key to catching up to and possibly supposing our NFC West brethren.

Last edited by a moderator:

bskrilla

Starter
I think he was a little to hard on RB's, TE's and ST. I'm not sure that a lack of a KR game should drag down the best punter, one of the best kickers, and top 5 coverage units to a B-, especially when kickoffs only get brought out like 25% of the time.

I'd give ST an A-, TE's a B and RB's a B. Apart from that I think he's got it about right.

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
I think he was a little to hard on RB's, TE's and ST. I'm not sure that a lack of a KR game should drag down the best punter, one of the best kickers, and top 5 coverage units to a B-, especially when kickoffs only get brought out like 25% of the time.

I'd give ST an A-, TE's a B and RB's a B. Apart from that I think he's got it about right.
I'd give the ST an A- for the second half of the season and a D for the first half. Hekker and GZ have been great but the kickoff, punt and coverage teams killed us with mistakes the first half.

Alan

Legend
bskrilla grading on the curve:
I'd give ST an A-

The reason he and I gave them lower grades was because of all the penalties. They cost us a lot of points last year. It's not just the TDs called back, it's all the lost field position. Our offense needed to have good field position and so often, despite the fact that we'd make a good return, we'd be pinned back inside the 20 on kickoffs and the same was true with punt returns. We lost a lot of field position battles, especially early in the year, because of the penalties.

Anyway that's my story and I'm sticking with it.

bskrilla

Starter
The reason he and I gave them lower grades was because of all the penalties. They cost us a lot of points last year. It's not just the TDs called back, it's all the lost field position. Our offense needed to have good field position and so often, despite the fact that we'd make a good return, we'd be pinned back inside the 20 on kickoffs and the same was true with punt returns. We lost a lot of field position battles, especially early in the year, because of the penalties.

Anyway that's my story and I'm sticking with it.

I'm down with this. And I'd agree with Lunchbox. I think my A- is more of how I felt at the end of the season. They easily deserve a D or F for the first half wish all of the terrible penalties.