Payton apparently not going anywhere

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am not a fan of going after Payton... I think it'd cost too much to get him and I'm sold he's worth that.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He is my second choice behind Shanahan.I like the idea of hiring a young
mind and then letting him develop his HC skills.In other words
Let him and Goff,Gurley grow together.I can't nail down why exactly
it's appealing to me.It just feels like the right way to go.
That's actually a good idea if the young coach is into dialogue and feedback from the players. If the young coach is just another authoritarian, then it probably won't matter what his age is. That approach either works or it doesn't. On this current team, I think that approach is needed. That said, I don't know how well it will be received by a younger coach. All depends on that guy's ability to garner respect.

Zero

Pro Bowler
craft it around Goff's strengths.
In my mind and I could be wrong,but I just do not get the feeling that anything we
did other than running a little more shotgun was crafted around Goffs strengths.
I would love to see more stuff ran where we move the pocket for Goff.Get him
out on the edge and let him make some plays down field.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
In my mind and I could be wrong,but I just do not get the feeling that anything we
did other than running a little more shotgun was crafted around Goffs strengths
I would love to see more stuff ran where we move the pocket for Goff.Get him
out on the edge and let him make some plays down field.

Nothing in our 2016 offense was crafted around anyone's strengths.

Zero

Pro Bowler
That's actually a good idea if the young coach is into dialogue and feedback from the players. If the young coach is just another authoritarian, then it probably won't matter what his age is. That approach either works or it doesn't. On this current team, I think that approach is needed. That said, I don't know how well it will be received by a younger coach. All depends on that guy's ability to garner respect.
It may be wishful thinking but I want us to hire a coach where ego does not come in to
play when hiring his staff.Why would a person ever not want to hire someone who
is the absolute best at what he does.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
On the other hand, he did what was seemingly impossible - he made both Cignetti and Schotty look good!
On a higher note, we had the three best OC nicknames in the league over the lat 5 years with Schitty, Cigs and Bore-us!!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It may be wishful thinking but I want us to hire a coach where ego does not come in to play when hiring his staff.Why would a person ever not want to hire someone who is the absolute best at what he does.

I think McVay will do that and I suspect he'll blow Demoff's mind tomorrow when he interviews too.

What sold me on him was this article I posted up a while back, to be specific the comments made by a veteran coach in Callahan, and the way both Cousins and Cooley discussed him. Cooley's quote:

“It didn’t matter where Sean came from, how old he was—the dude knew it better than anyone else,” says Cooley. “He was the best."

Another advantage for him is he can come right in without waiting for playoffs and start stacking his staff immediately.

Zero

Pro Bowler
I think McVay will do that and I suspect he'll blow Demoff's mind tomorrow when he interviews too.

What sold me on him was this article I posted up a while back, to be specific the comments made by a veteran coach in Callahan, and the way both Cousins and Cooley discussed him. Cooley's quote:

“It didn’t matter where Sean came from, how old he was—the dude knew it better than anyone else,” says Cooley. “He was the best."

Another advantage for him is he can come right in without waiting for playoffs and start stacking his staff immediately.
Eeeasy Merlin.You're starting to sway my opinion.lol
Seriously I do like the idea of having a young coach and
from everything I have read, McVay is special.