Paxton Lynch

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thinking about it Goff reminds me of Bridgewater and like him everyone thought he would be the first QB selected. We all know now that bridgewater slid so maybe you are right and Goff could slide behind the athletic freaks.

I've read now that both Goff and Lynch are going to throw at the combine. Which means Wentz is going to have to throw as well. So yeah, this might be the type of situation we need to free up Goff for the Rams to swoop in and get him. Note that I don't think Goff is going to pull a Bridgewater or anything, but losing the underwear olympics is a possibility. :D

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
If we came away with either Goff, Lynch or Wentz I'd be happy. Prefer Goff but would not have any problem if we get either of the other two.
Are the Rams planning a trade up?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kiper on his radio show says people are telling him not to put Paxton Lynch in round 1 due to his rawness. Very surprising. I'm sweating him being there at 15, let alone falling out of round 1 entirely.

TexasRam

Legend
The way to have a bust draft is to draft a projection in rd1

I want no part of Lynch in RD 1.

I'd move the farm for Goff, but what the hell do I know.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Kiper on his radio show says people are telling him not to put Paxton Lynch in round 1 due to his rawness. Very surprising. I'm sweating him being there at 15, let alone falling out of round 1 entirely.

Sure he is raw but so is Wentz. You see flashes of what they can be. Ideally you take a raw QB in round 3, but most teams draft based on athleticism first. They are trying to predict what these players can become. That is why Wentz and Lynch will go in round one and the much more polished, pro ready Cook is considered a second round pick by many. I like Lynch a lot, but any team drafting him will have to sit him. I think there is a chance he is available at 15, especially after some of what I have read lately, but we all know that QB draft position can be out of whack. Considering teams passing up on Carr recently, it may cause teams to not want to risk making the same mistake.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sure he is raw but so is Wentz. You see flashes of what they can be. Ideally you take a raw QB in round 3, but most teams draft based on athleticism first. They are trying to predict what these players can become. That is why Wentz and Lynch will go in round one and the much more polished, pro ready Cook is considered a second round pick by many. I like Lynch a lot, but any team drafting him will have to sit him. I think there is a chance he is available at 15, especially after some of what I have read lately, but we all know that QB draft position can be out of whack. Considering teams passing up on Carr recently, it may cause teams to not want to risk making the same mistake.

Reason I am surprised is because I expected his stock to soar; he is very similar to Bortles in his game and general need to develop but with big time tools. IMO they are making too much of that bowl game man. Put in that tape of his play vs Ole Miss and in a very scrappy and physical matchup he showed quite well. This guy is an extremely high quality prospect with an insane ceiling in my estimation.

Either way I hope this helps him get past the effin Eagles and to 15 overall but I am still skeptical about it. We'll see.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Reason I am surprised is because I expected his stock to soar; he is very similar to Bortles in his game and general need to develop but with big time tools. IMO they are making too much of that bowl game man. Put in that tape of his play vs Ole Miss and in a very scrappy and physical matchup he showed quite well. This guy is an extremely high quality prospect with an insane ceiling in my estimation.

Either way I hope this helps him get past the effin Eagles and to 15 overall but I am still skeptical about it. We'll see.

PFF said something about his mind range accuracy being very bad. It wasn't something I noticed when watching him. He will probably show find in workouts and still go ahead of the Rams, but you never no. Bridgewater shocked people with his bad off-season.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I like Lynch a lot, but any team drafting him will have to sit him.
Sorry Elm, starting this guy week one....no need to keep waiting...let him see the real bullets flying...he'll be fine...Gurley's still on the team, no?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Sorry Elm, starting this guy week one....no need to keep waiting...let him see the real bullets flying...he'll be fine...Gurley's still on the team, no?

Not me. He needs to sit at least half the season. If Keenum were holding down the fort, then no need to rush him. Now, if the starter is stinking it up, then that is a different story.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
PFF said something about his mind range accuracy being very bad. It wasn't something I noticed when watching him. He will probably show find in workouts and still go ahead of the Rams, but you never no. Bridgewater shocked people with his bad off-season.

Yeah man, I had to laugh when I read that note about his mid-range accuracy. It's nonsense IMO, straight overanalysis because you can see the accuracy coming from this guy on all throws on his film. There is zero concern with him for accuracy or arm strength. None. Whatever system he gets drafted into will work him on the preferred routes and he'll be fine at it, he's got that kind of overall throwing talent.

And yeah, I didn't expect Bridgewater to struggle like he did when he had his workout so it's true you never know. But I will say a guy as big and powerful as Lynch should only ascend as they get into the underwear Olympics side of things. I mean Wentz already did just from the Senior Bowl and I'm sure will be cemented as the top QB after this next week for the same reason. Teams are looking at Bortles and how well that turned out for Jax and since it's a copy cat league I'm sure it is going to help Lynch.

IF somehow Lynch is there at 15 the Rams need to take him, either way. I swear if they pass on a guy with his ceiling I'm gonna lose my mind.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler

I always prefer tape to highlights. Lynch's offense is really simple, but you can definitely see tools worth developing. In this Tulsa game the gameplan allowed him to consistently test down the field. Alot of it was letting it fly when he hit back foot, but you can see the deep ball strength and accuracy. He even took a few snaps under center one was a bootleg in the redzone he scored on and another was a nice play action pass.